Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Power Bank EUR 16.90

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I have bought one or two versions of these and out of the box they worked just fine,however after a few weeks it started to lose its charge and not charge the phone at all for a finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Generic powerbanks or these Xaoimi ones? Where did you buy from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I have bought one or two versions of these and out of the box they worked just fine,however after a few weeks it started to lose its charge and not charge the phone at all for a finish

Are you talking about xiaomi or just power banks in general. A lot of the xiaomi ones are fake. The one I got from banggood ticked all the boxes for genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just bumping this thread to get some feedback from Boardsie's who bought the Power Bank that was in the OP. Is it decent or does it go crap after a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Just bumping this thread to get some feedback from Boardsie's who bought the Power Bank that was in the OP. Is it decent or does it go crap after a few weeks?

I got this and it works great, if not a little bulky

http://www.gearbest.com/mobile-power-bank/pp_1045.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I ordered 5 of the slim Xiaomi power bank from BG
    (A few for myself and family members).
    All working fine. I ordered a couple more last weekend as my friend wants them for ecig charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Has anyone received theirs from Banggood yet?

Ordered on 06/02 and not received yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I ordered 5 of the slim Xiaomi power bank from BG
    (A few for myself and family members).
    All working fine. I ordered a couple more last weekend as my friend wants them for ecig charging.

Link? Chinese or EU warehouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

shuvly wrote: »

Other people who ordered, how long did yours take to arrive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Other people who ordered, how long did yours take to arrive?

Ordered 20/01 arrived 06/02

Chinese new year probably added 2-3 weeks for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Mine is excellent and is 5000mAh as it fully charges a 3100mAh battery and a few other smaller devices on one full charge. Pretty sure it's a legit one.

Ordered from Banggood, took about 3 weeks to arrive, it may have been waiting for me for a few days at work before I remembered to check though.

Pretty good value as its great build quality and reliable so far. Charges at up to 2.1A with the supplied cable so it can charge my phone very quickly.

Just ordered one there now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

What one u order

GY A1 wrote: »
    What one u order

The one in the OP from Banggood.

Just ordered the 1040mah versions from BG. 17 quid. Same price as the 5000mah as the larger one is on sale. Jump on it while it lasts.

• Advertisement

Any link
    Thanks

Any link
    Thanks

Here you go. http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5V-2A-10400mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-923637.html

Half price too! I got it in Silver.

Mine arrived this morning. It had been opened by customs or by somebody and had a big yellow sticker on it saying it contravened some EU law on electronic goods........ but it still arrived.

Just charging it up now and gonna see if it's any use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Mine arrived this morning. It had been opened by customs or by somebody and had a big yellow sticker on it saying it contravened some EU law on electronic goods........ but it still arrived.

Just charging it up now and gonna see if it's any use.

Mine arrived today too, charging at the moment.

Charged mine up and decided to see how long it would take to charge my phone from 69%. Plugged it in less than 10 minutes ago and it's now up to 81%. That's with it switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Has anyone received theirs from Banggood yet?
    shuvly wrote: »

Talk about a slow boat from China. Have been waiting 1 month and still no sign:mad:

I got mine and then ordered another one and got that one 15 days after I ordered. They seem good quality so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I got my Xiaomi Power Bank (the one in the OP) in the post today.
    It was shipped on March 11th. I think it got stuck in the Netherlands for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Spazdarn wrote: »

Likewise, good little unit..Has an LED torch as well which comes on if you hold on the power button for a few seconds and the same to turn it off. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The silver 104000mAh original Xiaomi power bank is now €13.73 on banggood.

http://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5V-2A-10400mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-923637.html

Just ordered one there

How long does delivery take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

just ordered one :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

How long does delivery take

It can be surprisingly fast, or expectedly slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Tinie wrote: »
    The silver 104000mAh original Xiaomi power bank is now €13.73 on banggood.

http://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5V-2A-10400mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-923637.html

Just ordered one there
    You'll need a shopping trolley to transport it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

It can be surprisingly fast, or expectedly slow.

anyone receive theirs yet?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mines being resent as the original never arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Mines being resent as the original never arrived

When did you order it? I ordered mine on 19 May and still no trace of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Heres an update for anyone yet to buy.

The original one in first post is currently $16.99 which is for the battery plus led light.

However

Single battery : $11.99
    Led: $2.69
    Total: $14.68

So it's cheaper (currently) to buy them separately.

Led - http://m.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-LED-Light-With-USB-For-Power-Bank-Tablet-p-950793.html

Battery 5000mAh - http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5000mAh-Ultra-thin-9_9mm-Power-Bank-For-Mobile-Phone-p-957081.html

Bangood take about 3 weeks to deliver most items if on stock when ordered.
    Just checked a couple of orders I received this week and they were ordered 25/5.
    Check their flash deals as it not unusual for them to have same item priced differently for different orders or bundles.

Xiaomi launched this recently http://m.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-Mini-Portable-USB-Fan-p-977375.html I expect one to arrive in this weeks post.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Spazdarn wrote: »

I got this one but not happy with it. After 16+ hrs of charging, it charged my phone 37%, that's all. Also Solar charging not working even when I left the phone at the window facing sun. Tested twice so far, may be I got a faulty item.
    That's my feedback.

Been using my Xiaomi banks this month quiet frequently and am very happy with their performance.

Xiaomi fan arrived this morning. (One ordered on 25/5). That isn't performing as well as I'd like. Not powerful enough. Pity as the led attachment works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

biebiebie wrote: »
    Heres an update for anyone yet to buy.

The original one in first post is currently $16.99 which is for the battery plus led light.

However

Single battery : $11.99
    Led: $2.69
    Total: $14.68

So it's cheaper (currently) to buy them separately.

Led - http://m.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-LED-Light-With-USB-For-Power-Bank-Tablet-p-950793.html

Battery 5000mAh - http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5000mAh-Ultra-thin-9_9mm-Power-Bank-For-Mobile-Phone-p-957081.html

Just ordered this. Hopefully it won't take long to arrive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

As far as I know the 10400mAh version has been discontinued. They stopped it a while ago and brought out the new (and improved) version - 10000mAh.
    The 10400mAh version had problems charging some of the newer iOS devices.
    I have a 10400mAh version and it won't charge iOS devices with THESE Connectors. It's great for everything else though. I brought it to Spain with me a month ago and charged all of our devices.

The new 10000mAh is on Allbuy for €12.05 delivered. I've ordered a fair bit from them before and I'm currently waiting on two 10000mAh and two 5000mAh powerbanks.
    Normally their delivery is pretty fast, but this last order has so far taken over a week (Which isn't a huge delay so far). They provide tracking also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Allyall wrote: »
    The new 10000mAh is on Allbuy for €12.05 delivered. I've ordered a fair bit from them before and I'm currently waiting on two 10000mAh and two 5000mAh powerbanks.
    Normally their delivery is pretty fast, but this last order has so far taken over a week (Which isn't a huge delay so far). They provide tracking also.

Would you recommend the above? Heading to the States in a month and would like to have something to charge on the go. If you do, which would you think would be the better call - have an iPhone 5S.

Cheers

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Would you recommend the above? Heading to the States in a month and would like to have something to charge on the go. If you do, which would you think would be the better call - have an iPhone 5S.

Cheers

Yep, I would.
    The 10000mAh is a bit bulkier, it's pocketable, but is more suited to a jacket pocket.
    The 5000mAh is a lot thinner.

The size of the 10400mAh on the left (Slightly smaller than the new 10000mAh), compared to the 16000mAh
    http://assets.hardwarezone.com/img/2014/12/Mi-10400-and-16000mAh-power-banks.jpg

and the 5000mAh
    https://ecs3.tokopedia.net/newimg/product-1/2014/12/23/7571695/7571695_a59c1bfc-8abc-11e4-b1ce-a2b84908a8c2.jpg

It's up to you. They are both excellent, but it depends on whether or not you want to carry it around walking a lot, or have on a bus/travelling etc..

@ GY A1

Have you not bought one yet?? :)

It's be quite big, and doesn't seem to have anybody taking responsibility for manufacturing it.

- Found it

It's £9.03 on amazon

First two reviews are terrible.
    7 of 7 people found the following review helpfulSUBSTANDARD PRODUCT. DEFECTIVE. FAULTY. NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
    By Mr. R. G. Mccomish on 21 Jan. 2015
    Colour Name: Black-50000mAh Verified Purchase SUBSTANDARD PRODUCT. FAULTY. DEFECTIVE AND NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. EPCTEK (Trademarket) have offered a paltry £4 compensation for a £16.99 purchase. BEWARE PEOPLE . This firm are a bunch of charlatans.....They know that these items are used in emergencies and when you need to use them the batteries have developed either a memory block, or the batteries are the poorest ever supplied. The powerbank will work only once or twice and never charge up again. I have had the unit for approx 7 months and when questioned their response from Joey was well give you £3 now go away! Not a bad return for £17 of my money. They know these products are substandard
    avoid any epctek product and avoid Trademarket. They will rip you off and not give a jot about UK Trading Standards.
    5 of 6 people found the following review helpfulDoesnt do what it says on the tin!
    By fiona keeble on 30 April 2014
    Colour Name: Black1 Verified Purchase Item is bigger than expected and quite heavy, but I don't mind that. I wouldn't carry it around on a daily basis. However it doesn't old a great deal of charge. Just about charges my iphone 5 once. VERY disappointed.

@ GY A1

Have you not bought one yet?? :)

Not yet lol
    Goin order the 10000 new one Above that ally all recommended

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    It's be quite big, and doesn't seem to have anybody taking responsibility for manufacturing it.

- Found it

It's £9.03 on amazon

First two reviews are terrible.

Thanks will go for the new one u tagged above
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Mine came today. Nice bit of kit.

The new model 10000 mah from xiaomi is much smaller than the older 10400 mah model, closer in size to the 5000 mah model.

Bangood have it on special, claiming 44% off. It's legit xiami gear.
    http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5_1V-2_1A-10000mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-977406.html
    Coming in at just over USD 13 today shipped.

The new model 10000 mah from xiaomi is much smaller than the older 10400 mah model, closer in size to the 5000 mah model.

Bangood have it on special, claiming 44% off. It's legit xiami gear.
    http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5_1V-2_1A-10000mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-977406.html
    Coming in at just over USD 13 today shipped.

It's quite a bit smaller.. I hadn't realised, I knew it was 'longer' and guessed slimmer..

It's still no where near as portable as the 5000 mah. I really like how slim the 5000 model is and makes it easy to stick in an inside pocket in a jacket. Surprised they didn't stick in an extra USB out on the new large model to allow dual charging. Still its excellent value especially if the usual quality from Xiaomi. (Much better than buying via someone bulk ordering cheap gear on Ali and flogging via daily deal sites!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement