Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Any links Muse? Can't find anything :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,723 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Stop bumming Treyarch. Black Ops had a million more issues on release than mw3. And still did 2 months after release. If mw3 still has issues then, we can compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

AdamD wrote: »
    Stop bumming Treyarch. Black Ops had a million more issues on release than mw3. And still did 2 months after release. If mw3 still has issues then, we can compare.

Whos bumming treyarch? Im talking about how any wall breach type glitches on black ops where hot fixed within a day or two max whereas the outpost glitch has been going on for a week at this stage

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

iMuse wrote: »
    They have apparently failed at patching it for the 2nd time, its still possible to get under from what Ive read. Why don't they just lift the phone and get treyarch to show them how to patch a game properly.

Proper lols xmas-sm2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Oh come off it, Blops issues were mostly fixed before they became popular glitches even saw them. I've already been fcuked by the outpost glitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whos bumming treyarch? Im talking about how any wall breach type glitches on black ops where hot fixed within a day or two max whereas the outpost glitch has been going on for a week at this stage

I'll give Treyarch that they were on the ball with fixing glitches, there were a few patched the most people didnt even know about like getting out of certain maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

I used a prestige token for x2 xp but im not getting any. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Go to Barracks and under total time played, it will have Double XP time left. If it says zero, and you've used a token... you may have spent it on Double Weapon XP, which i'm unsure if it shows up in Barracks.

What about the incredible frame rate issues which lasted a month or two?
    What about the fact that 1v1s were 90% randomness due to the connection on the game?

Whos bumming Treyarch? The vast majority of this forum by the looks of things. Thinking Black Ops was a solid working title when it only was after a few months of fixing.

I enabled double xp but iv been earning the normal amount for some reason. Might have changed since i signed out.

Does it have the 2 hour timer in your Barracks?

I seem to remember it took IW about 9 months to patch the rock glitch on fuel.

:P

I'm sure there are things I've forgotten at the time being but....
    • 3 or 4 months to patch akimbo 1887's in MW2.
    • 4 months to patch the UFO Glitch in COD4.
    • Never patch the blast radius that a large amount of people wanted in COD4, and seemingly sweeping it under the carpet by never addressing it since it's launch in 2007.
    • A general appalling lack of communication post game release and this time despite having 4 developers on board (4 factoring in Treyarch for the Wii who are doing their job at least).

How people can even have the audacity to have a go at Treyarch for their work when it comes to patching their games (Black Ops at least for me anyways) is laughable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

On my 2nd prestige ,with my token ive unlocked the MP7 , this gun is just beast:D

I'm sure there are things I've forgotten at the time being but....
    • 3 or 4 months to patch akimbo 1887's in MW2.
    • 4 months to patch the UFO Glitch in COD4.
    • Never patch the blast radius that a large amount of people wanted in COD4, and seemingly sweeping it under the carpet by never addressing it since it's launch in 2007.
    • A general appalling lack of communication post game release and this time despite having 4 developers on board (4 factoring in Treyarch for the Wii who are doing their job at least).

How people can even have the audacity to have a go at Treyarch for their work when it comes to patching their games (Black Ops at least for me anyways) is laughable :)
    Akimbo 1887s was patched in under 2 months. Possibly under 1. 100% on that.

thats about 2 months too long. wasnt the care package super fast run glitch around for months as well? and the javelin glitch, which I missed cos I didnt get into multiplayer mw2 for a few months after release.

MW2.... Care package marker glitch, (Unlimited CP's/Airdrops)
    Olympic sprinter glitch with CP marker,
    Kamakazi Javelin glitch...

Not sure how long it took them to patch up but yea. Treyarch were always fast when it came to correcting problems.

But you could say the whole West/Zampella issue could have been a factor during that time period.... Maybe.

I'd reckon so, having the head honchos in a bitter war with the publisher probably put fixing glitches on the back burner, still doesnt excuse it though. especially major game ruining glitches. I dont understand why it takes so long for companies to pick up on this stuff in the age of twitter and instant feedback from players. a couple of weeks is acceptable, a gamebreaking glitch months into release isnt.

Patched in early February afaik. I should know having returned to MW2 in mid-late January and it still having ridiculous range.

krudler wrote: »
    I'd reckon so, having the head honchos in a bitter war with the publisher probably put fixing glitches on the back burner, still doesnt excuse it though. especially major game ruining glitches. I dont understand why it takes so long for companies to pick up on this stuff in the age of twitter and instant feedback from players. a couple of weeks is acceptable, a gamebreaking glitch months into release isnt.

The way I've always looked at it is that it'd be a valid excuse if Infinity Ward didn't have history with slow as ****e patching and communication. While early doors, MW3 is following the same footsteps. Communication has been shambolic.

Got mw2 that christmas and it had been patched. Agreed that comms are a joke on this, we have to use skype

The way I've always looked at it is that it'd be a valid excuse if Infinity Ward didn't have history with slow as ****e patching and communication. While early doors, MW3 is following the same footsteps. Communication has been shambolic.

bowling was tweeting like a lunatic in the run up, now not a jot about the issues, unless he has since I have checked twitter in a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

bowling was tweeting like a lunatic in the run up, now not a jot about the issues, unless he has since I have checked twitter in a couple of days.

Only about banning people in the last day, and before that it was nearly a week! Which is simply crazy for a man who tweeted every 6 hours before it came out.

Last night I was playing pretty well, today I can't get a shot off before dying :mad: so pïssed off! Really can't understand it. I'm a pretty average player but today was a joke, one game I went about 8-20 FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

IPAM wrote: »
    Last night I was playing pretty well, today I can't get a shot off before dying :mad: so pïssed off! Really can't understand it. I'm a pretty average player but today was a joke, one game I went about 8-20 FFS

Happens to us all 10-31....FML

redman85 wrote: »
    Happens to us all 10-31....FML

It's all about the win for me, the K/D just shows I had a bad game, it may sound like an excuse but I believe it was a connection issue, I get hit markers but get killed, that's fine but when I look at the kill cam and it doesn't even show me shooting, I call Böllox! :mad: will be back on for some rage gaming in a while :pac:

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Winning may be good, but its meaningless if you don't have fun.

I agree, I played 2 games with Seamus, Happii, Ross and Everlast, we won both and I still turned the xbox off, dd not enjoy it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Winning may be good, but its meaningless if you don't have fun.

Fun is in the winning for me , I'll rather go 10 -20 (objective game) and win than go 20-10 and lose .

Shammy wrote: »
    Fun is in the winning for me , I'll rather go 10 -20 (objective game) and win than go 20-10 and lose .

I'd rather lose and enjoy the game than win and not enjoy it if ya know what I mean? Meh I'm crap at explaining stuff :P

I'd rather lose and enjoy the game than win and not enjoy it if ya know what I mean? Meh I'm crap at explaining stuff :P

I know what you mean :)

Acually a memorable game comes to mind , Myself and Magill playing Dom on MW2 and we lost , we were capping flags like mo'fo's but still lost . Enjoyable game .......

...... still cant believe we lost pacman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I blame the 4 noobs that were on our team :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

It's all about the win for me, the K/D just shows I had a bad game, it may sound like an excuse but I believe it was a connection issue, I get hit markers but get killed, that's fine but when I look at the kill cam and it doesn't even show me shooting, I call Böllox! :mad: will be back on for some rage gaming in a while :pac:
    This, 100%. I've had to give up completely, I'm not even pulling the trigger apparently!

Magill wrote: »
    I blame the 4 noobs that were on our team :P

I still have the vid :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

anyone see the stealth bomber glitch yet?

anyone see the stealth bomber glitch yet?

Thought they patched it....

EDIT: Also you now risk banning if found doing it... so not really worth it

does anyone else find it hilarious the way the Spetz announcer pronounces "charlie" its like "we're losing Shharlie!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Played for a few hours tonight and reached level 80. The only perks I have left that I need to unlock the pro variant for are Marksman, Extreme Conditioning and Blind Eye.
    Used the shotguns for a good few games and they are decreasing my K/D rapidly. Seriously, have Infinity Ward released any news on whether they plan to improve the shotguns?
    I also am thinking of giving up on free for all in this game, the spawns are pretty unbelievable at times.
    Had a few good games of kill confirmed were I didn't get frustrated, which was a pleasant surprise :)

Triple Pred in a fûcking window!! Beast :D

don't have any of that fancy crap but I'll stick it in my file share!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Egyptian wrote: »
    Thought they patched it....

EDIT: Also you now risk banning if found doing it... so not really worth it

Every game of domination I had (on PC) last night had some pleb at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jeffred wrote: »
    Every game of domination I had (on PC) last night had some pleb at it

What exactly is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Trilla wrote: »
    What exactly is this?

taken form Urban dictionary
    1)one who's inferior intelligence results in them making a complete titface out of themselves in public

2)one who has had their brain replaced with a mall cucumber whilst visiting the doctor fora routine check up

also used as the verb
    plebbed, or to pleb
    "jonny francis is a right pleb," cried cristina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

redman85 wrote: »
    taken form Urban dictionary

Cheers..meant what exactly is the glitch

Trilla wrote: »
    Cheers..meant what exactly is the glitch

Thats_the_joke.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The banhammer is falling as we speak. 1600 bans issued my IW for "glitching, hacking or cheating".

Also, IW asking all players to use the function to weed out suck players. Patches already in the works for current glitches.

That's great news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

< mod snip >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

mod snip

REALLY!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got a code for preordering it in Game that gave me 4 hours of double xp. Tried it Saturday, didn't work ...... just played four hours longer! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

does anyone else find it hilarious the way the Spetz announcer pronounces "charlie" its like "we're losing Shharlie!"

I hear "friendly ass juggernaut" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

someboady was telling me that MW3 made 775million (£/$/€ ??) in the first 5 days!!

apparently more than any other game/moive etc.. biggest selling thing ever!! what a shame eh :p

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The banhammer is falling as we speak. 1600 bans issued my IW for "glitching, hacking or cheating".

Also, IW asking all players to use the function to weed out suck players. Patches already in the works for current glitches.

That's great news.

Been reporting them the whole time. No doubt they'll go buy battlefield then spam this forum with hate :)

hypermuse wrote: »
    someboady was telling me that MW3 made 775million (£/$/€ ??) in the first 5 days!!

apparently more than any other game/moive etc.. biggest selling thing ever!! what a shame eh :p

it'll probably also lose more than any other game in trade ins within the first month ! Thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Magill wrote: »
    it'll probably also lose more than any other game in trade ins within the first month ! Thats for sure.
    They don't lose money on trade-ins...

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
    Early morning #MW3 update meetings, lots of important stuff. I'll keep you posted once we wrap. Main priority: Address laggy connections.

Adam wrote: »
    They don't lose money on trade-ins...

what ? How did you work that one out lol...

More games traded in... more people buying preowned, less people buying new.

They don't make money on preowned game sales, games companies lose a huge amount of revenue because of hte preowned market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement