Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I improved my diet and now I'm unwell

• 21-04-2014 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

About two months ago I started to cut sugar out of my diet. I am at the stage now where I have sugar at most once per week, sometimes not even that, and when I do have it it wouldn't be more than a teaspoon. I eat berries and lower-GL fruit, so I'm getting sugar from those.

For the past three or four weeks, my diet has consisted probably 95% exclusively of the following:

mince beef, free range chicken, eggs, kale, spinach, other assorted green veg, garlic, peppers, assorted nuts like almonds and hazelnuts, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, herbal teas, and various herbs and spices. The majority of that is organic. (I know there are arguments that organic is pointless and not worth the money, but I've made the personal choice for the moment to try it out.)

I can't really think of anything else I'm consuming. I'm not an experienced cook and I end up using the same few simple ingredients most of the time. It's getting boring so I will look at changing things up.

I also take Sona Multivitamins with Multiminerals daily. I've been taking that for about two years.

It wasn't a drastic change. Most of the foods I listed above I have eaten plenty of in the past, just nowhere near as much as now. I suppose it was drastic in that I stopped eating grains and dairy completely i.e. bread pasta porridge milk cheese etc etc and reduced my sugar intake by about 95%. I also cut my alcoholic drinks intake by about 95%.

Anyway, last week I visited my parents and fell off the wagon for a day or two, eating grains and sugar and dairy, and a few units of alcohol. I don't know if there's a connection, but after doing that I came down with a sinus infection, sore throat and general flu-ey feeling. I took some paracetamol to ease the pain. It cleared up after a couple of days. I then visited my parents again the following week and did the exact same thing. Again, the flu-ey symptoms flared up after doing that.

So I'm wondering is the change in my diet causing me to be run down? Or, was it the falling off the wagon that did it? Or is it probably just coincidence? I haven't been sick in a long time, and then I make dietary changes and I fall ill.

I haven't a clue about the side-effects of improving your diet, and I also haven't a clue about the side-effects of improving your diet and then falling off the wagon. I did a google search for an answer but couldn't find one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you hay fever? Something at the folks place triggering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Have you hay fever? Something at the folks place triggering it.

Good thinking but I used to live there until a couple of years ago and was never affected.

I've never suffered from hay fever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I really doubt they are connected at all.

I eat a pretty similar diet to you except I include dairy, I also have dark chocolate and coconut oil most days. I've been eating like that for a few years now.

I'm very very rarely sick at all and hardly ever catch colds or bugs but I did have a phase a few months back where I kept getting colds and blocked sinuses, I wasn't sick really but I was sick for me if you know what I mean because in general I might usually get a sniffle in winter and that would be it! Anyway i'm back to normal now so it's fine.

If you had a sinus infection then that could still be lingering, did you go to the doctor about it or what did you do to clear it up?

Tayla wrote: »
    I really doubt they are connected at all.

I eat a pretty similar diet to you except I include dairy, I also have dark chocolate and coconut oil most days. I've been eating like that for a few years now.

I'm very very rarely sick at all and hardly ever catch colds or bugs but I did have a phase a few months back where I kept getting colds and blocked sinuses, I wasn't sick really but I was sick for me if you know what I mean because in general I might usually get a sniffle in winter and that would be it! Anyway i'm back to normal now so it's fine.

If you had a sinus infection then that could still be lingering, did you go to the doctor about it or what did you do to clear it up?

Just to clarify, it's not the diet itself that I'm questioning, it's the fact that I've made a lot of changes to my diet. I'm just wondering can the immune system be compromised while the body undergoes big changes to what it consumes.

It was just a mild infection and it cleared up after a couple of days. I'm completely used to them because when I had my tonsils I used to be floored with upper respiratory infections on a regular basis. To treat this one, I used a sinus rinse (aka netty pot) twice a day and I drank herbal tea with honey and lemon to soothe my throat. I rested and drank plenty of water.

Then, I had another day or two where I fell off the wagon, diet-wise, and consumed sugar, dairy, grains and alcohol, and the infection flared up again where it had been previously been healing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I don't think it would be compromised by going through these changes and if that was the case then I really can't imagine that falling off the wagon had anything to do with it at all because that would mean that your immune system took a sudden dip as soon as you ate unhealthy food which doesn't make sense to me.

I use Neilmed sinus rinse myself, I find it great :) I don't get infections anymore but any twinge I get I will use it as a preventative measure.

Drunkmonkey mentioned hayfever earlier and I didn't really think too much about it but I just remembered that April is always the month that I feel the first twinges of sinus pain (it started around 5 years ago for me) thinking back aside from your tonsil problems do you normally start getting them at this time of the year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

Something similar happened to me actually. Im intolerant to certain things, so try to avoid them. about 3 weeks ago I got a little run down from work and training and got a little bit of the sniffles. Fell off the wagon with the food and had things I shouldn't have (wheat, gluten, dairy) and the sniffles got worse. Continued misbehaving and the dose wasn going anywhere. Then I heard a podcast by Danny lennon talking about the inflammatory process that sometimes occurs when u eat things your body doesn't like. So I was thinking thats y the dose wasn shifting. Went bck to normal and it cleared up. Its just a thought, havent been to a doc or researched it further, bt maybe cause your body isn't used to those foods anymore thats the reaction you get. Or maybe you just had some late nights those weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

I think you're just intolerant to something you've stopped eating and then ate it again while at your parents. you should try adding back only one of those food groups at the time to figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I used to eat bread all the time but cut it out about 4 years ago and when I started eating it again I got really rundown and broke out in mouth ulcers.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

I'm inclined to think it's an intolerance too, and I'd say the most likely culprit is the dairy, as that's a common one for causing sinus problems. Maybe stay off the dairy again for a good few weeks and then try reintroducing just that, without the wheat etc. If you have the same problem, you'll know it's the dairy. If not, try reintroducing the other things you're not eating now individually. If it is an intolerance, that's the only way to really figure it out.

Ahhh an intolerance. I hadn't thought of it, probably because the reaction to introducing those foods after just a couple of weeks of not eating them, when I had previously been eating them for over 27 years, was pretty drastic. I guess it makes sense though.

Thanks for all the replies! I can't afford to get a proper food intolerance test done at the moment, so I'll just leave the foods out 110% from now on and get one done another time, to see.

• Advertisement

whirlpool wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies! I can't afford to get a proper food intolerance test done at the moment, so I'll just leave the foods out 110% from now on and get one done another time, to see.

Don't even bother with that.

Just re-introduce them yourself one by one and see which one causes a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ahhh an intolerance. I hadn't thought of it, probably because the reaction to introducing those foods after just a couple of weeks of not eating them, when I had previously been eating them for over 27 years, was pretty drastic. I guess it makes sense though.

A food intolerance would make you bloated / crampy and very unwell . Most irish people have jumped on the bandwagon of "im intolerant to milk / wheat / gluten" etc when in fact the numbers of people "intolerant" is very very low and if you were intolerant then you would know it (every time you ate that food then you would be bent over in pain)

Its most likely the "few alcoholic drinks" that you had at your parents house - alcohol is a known immune system depressant and i only ever get a head cold etc after i have been out for a few pints and not in bed until 2 am.

mickman wrote: »
    A food intolerance would make you bloated / crampy and very unwell . Most irish people have jumped on the bandwagon of "im intolerant to milk / wheat / gluten" etc when in fact the numbers of people "intolerant" is very very low and if you were intolerant then you would know it (every time you ate that food then you would be bent over in pain)

Its most likely the "few alcoholic drinks" that you had at your parents house - alcohol is a known immune system depressant and i only ever get a head cold etc after i have been out for a few pints and not in bed until 2 am.

Hey.

It was two or three alcoholic drinks in total. Up until a few months ago I was drinking approximately thirty alcoholic drinks per month. In the past month, it has been four maximum. So I don't believe it was the alcohol that did it.

My sister in law has a severe gluten intolerance. On two occasions, she ended up in hospital for an entire week as a result of it. She was also incredibly unlucky that they discovered further intolerances in her during her stay. There was a point where she was unable to eat even certain vegetables for a few months! Thankfully at the moment it's just the gluten. If she even looks at gluten she gets really sick.

That said, I don't believe that it's either one or the other i.e. I don't believe that it's a case that you either have a severe reaction or you have no reaction at all. That doesn't sound logical. There has to be a scale. I fully believe you can be slightly intolerant to certain foods and, because it's only a slight intolerance, you won't end up writhing on the floor in agony, but it will manifest in other ways, such as an inability to lose weight, or a compromised immune system.

Personally I'm starting to reckon that it was the combination (of the dairy and the grains and the sugars and the alcohol) that caused me to become run-down, while at the same time knowing that it could just as easily have been a coincidence and maybe nothing to do with what I consumed. But if it was to do with what I consumed I'm just surprised because I would have thought that my healthy diet up until then would have kept my immune system strong. But I'm not really going to analyse it much more.

There is a scale. I've mild lactose intolerance since I was a baby. Was officially diagnosed :rolleyes:
    Since I have pretty much no dairy day to day, I can have chocolate now and then. Never hot chocolate with milk, but a bit of choc. Or icecream. Start overdoing it, tummy & sinus goes nuts. No "bent double in pain" about it

And since you're having sinus issues I'd try the dairy one first

bluewolf wrote: »
    There is a scale. I've mild lactose intolerance since I was a baby. Was officially diagnosed :rolleyes:
    Since I have pretty much no dairy day to day, I can have chocolate now and then. Never hot chocolate with milk, but a bit of choc. Or icecream. Start overdoing it, tummy & sinus goes nuts. No "bent double in pain" about it

And since you're having sinus issues I'd try the dairy one first

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theafternoonshow/2010/0217/foodintolerancedispellingthemyths866.html

From the article " Dairy (Lactose) intolerance Symptoms:-

. Abdominal pain
    . Bloating
    . Flatulence
    . Diarrhoea
    . Vomiting"

Sinus pain is usually an allergy, not an intolerance so its likely you may be allergic to something in dairy products, most likely an added chemical as conventional dairy is a processed food. Try yoghurt made from raw milk that you get at a farmers market and you will prob be fine

Hey.

It was two or three alcoholic drinks in total. Up until a few months ago I was drinking approximately thirty alcoholic drinks per month. In the past month, it has been four maximum. So I don't believe it was the alcohol that did it.

My sister in law has a severe gluten intolerance. On two occasions, she ended up in hospital for an entire week as a result of it. She was also incredibly unlucky that they discovered further intolerances in her during her stay. There was a point where she was unable to eat even certain vegetables for a few months! Thankfully at the moment it's just the gluten. If she even looks at gluten she gets really sick.

That said, I don't believe that it's either one or the other i.e. I don't believe that it's a case that you either have a severe reaction or you have no reaction at all. That doesn't sound logical. There has to be a scale. I fully believe you can be slightly intolerant to certain foods and, because it's only a slight intolerance, you won't end up writhing on the floor in agony, but it will manifest in other ways, such as an inability to lose weight, or a compromised immune system.

Personally I'm starting to reckon that it was the combination (of the dairy and the grains and the sugars and the alcohol) that caused me to become run-down, while at the same time knowing that it could just as easily have been a coincidence and maybe nothing to do with what I consumed. But if it was to do with what I consumed I'm just surprised because I would have thought that my healthy diet up until then would have kept my immune system strong. But I'm not really going to analyse it much more.

30 alcoholic drinks per month!!! - your body has a lot of detoxing to do so while its detoxing, if you go for a few drinks then the body will freak out and get sick.

Go to your parents and dont drink anything but eat what you have eaten there recently and ill bet you wont have any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

30 alcoholic drinks per month!!! - your body has a lot of detoxing to do so while its detoxing, if you go for a few drinks then the body will freak out and get sick.

30 drinks a month would be standard for a lot of Irish people I'd reckon. That's 8 drinks a weekend; I'd go as far as to say that'd be on the low side. 4 cans before you go out and 4 pints when you're out and you're there. That's leaving aside the Thursday/Friday aprés work drinks that'd be very common in most workplaces.

Not dismissing your concern or saying you're wrong but that sort of culture is very ingrained in Ireland.

cson wrote: »
    30 drinks a month would be standard for a lot of Irish people I'd reckon. That's 8 drinks a weekend; I'd go as far as to say that'd be on the low side. 4 cans before you go out and 4 pints when you're out and you're there. That's leaving aside the Thursday/Friday aprés work drinks that'd be very common in most workplaces.

Not dismissing your concern or saying you're wrong but that sort of culture is very ingrained in Ireland.

I know it is, that doesnt mean its not bordering on alcoholism though.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theafternoonshow/2010/0217/foodintolerancedispellingthemyths866.html

From the article " Dairy (Lactose) intolerance Symptoms:-

. Abdominal pain
    . Bloating
    . Flatulence
    . Diarrhoea
    . Vomiting"

Sinus pain is usually an allergy, not an intolerance so its likely you may be allergic to something in dairy products, most likely an added chemical as conventional dairy is a processed food. Try yoghurt made from raw milk that you get at a farmers market and you will prob be fine

Yes I get those as well, sinus is the next step up. Thanks :)

Yes I get those as well, sinus is the next step up. Thanks :)

ok well if you get them then fair enough. Kind of thing im getting at is people that get a sniffle once in a while and say "i must be intolerant to milk"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I'm sorry but this is wrong.

Intolerance to dairy is actually quite common. You wouldn't necessarily know about it, either, until you actually start removing things from your diet. I'm quite lactose intolerant, I only have to look at a glass of milk to start throwing up but I wasn't born lactose intolerant. It took a long time to develop and identify the intolerance and in the early days it was indigestion and an increase in the frequency of sinus infections. The other symptoms only started appearing and increasing in severity years after the intolerance first started.

I'm not saying the OP necessarily has a food intolerance, I'm just saying that what you've stated is factually incorrect. You don't seem to understand how lactose intolerance works. Many people have a genetic mutation that allows their body to keep producing lactase long after weaning. In case you don't know, lactase is the enzyme that digests lactose. Some of us do not have that mutation and as we get older the amount of lactase we produce starts to fall off (often beginning around age 10 or so and gradually reducing to near zero in adulthood). The degree of reaction to the food in question is directly proportional to the deficit in the enzyme to digest it. So if I drank a big glass of milk I'd be sick for days and my sinuses would be in terrible condition for ages afterwards. But if you had met me 10 years ago I could have drunk the milk, felt a bit overfull about half an hour later and maybe had a sinusy headache and the sniffles for a while afterwards. So saying that someone with an intolerance would be bent double in pain is rubbish, that only applies if they have a severe intolerance like I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

When you change your diet positively, the subtle and gradual improvement in your health can be unappreciated. Therefore, when you go back to an unhealthy diet, you are hit like a freight train. You probably always felt pretty crap on your previous diet, but it was 'normal' to you.

I'm sorry but this is wrong.

Intolerance to dairy is actually quite common. You wouldn't necessarily know about it, either, until you actually start removing things from your diet. I'm quite lactose intolerant, I only have to look at a glass of milk to start throwing up but I wasn't born lactose intolerant. It took a long time to develop and identify the intolerance and in the early days it was indigestion and an increase in the frequency of sinus infections. The other symptoms only started appearing and increasing in severity years after the intolerance first started.

I'm not saying the OP necessarily has a food intolerance, I'm just saying that what you've stated is factually incorrect. You don't seem to understand how lactose intolerance works. Many people have a genetic mutation that allows their body to keep producing lactase long after weaning. In case you don't know, lactase is the enzyme that digests lactose. Some of us do not have that mutation and as we get older the amount of lactase we produce starts to fall off (often beginning around age 10 or so and gradually reducing to near zero in adulthood). The degree of reaction to the food in question is directly proportional to the deficit in the enzyme to digest it. So if I drank a big glass of milk I'd be sick for days and my sinuses would be in terrible condition for ages afterwards. But if you had met me 10 years ago I could have drunk the milk, felt a bit overfull about half an hour later and maybe had a sinusy headache and the sniffles for a while afterwards. So saying that someone with an intolerance would be bent double in pain is rubbish, that only applies if they have a severe intolerance like I have.

Throwing up by looking at a glass of milk is clearly something in your head . Its not possible for a lactose intolerance to make you get sick by looking at milk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

our guest tonight on 'I don't understand hyperbole is.....'

our guest tonight on 'I don't understand hyperbole is.....'

I understand it perfectly well but the poster is making a big point in being factually correct so it would be beneficial if everything they said was "factually correct"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Throwing up by looking at a glass of milk is clearly something in your head . Its not possible for a lactose intolerance to make you get sick by looking at milk

I see you're capable of arguing your point based on fact. Oh no wait, you're just being facetious.

I see you're capable of arguing your point based on fact. Oh no wait, you're just being facetious.

My point is simple

People nowadays are too quick to jump on the "im allergic" or " im intolerant" band wagon. In most cases its not a food intolerance but people seem to love being able to say "im intolerant"

A lot of people who say they are intolerant have no issues with raw milk - why is that when milk contacts lactose ?

Some people say that real raw milk contains the enzyme lactase which aids the digestion, others say that conventional milk is just crap

People should try the real product as opposed to the processed one before declaring that they are intolerant

My point is simple

People nowadays are too quick to jump on the "im allergic" or " im intolerant" band wagon. In most cases its not a food intolerance.

That's lovely and not much help to OP

That's lovely and not much help to OP

My advice to the OP was not to drink alcohol - a 100% known immune system depressant. yet no one on this thread seems to think that alcohol could be the cause of the issue , people just want to find something more complicated to blame like dairy and wheat

The answer is staring you in the face OP - dont drink alcohol. If you have cut down on drink a lot then 3 units will run you down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

LOL are you for real?

LOL are you for real?

yes, you think its good for you? 8 beers a week ?

Go to your parents and dont drink anything but eat what you have eaten there recently and ill bet you wont have any issues.

30 units per month is well below the 'safe' limits for women and men. 14 units per week is considered safe for women and 20 units for men.

Have you ever met an alcoholic? Lol. 30 units a day, would be pretty average for a full blown alcoholic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

point me to the nearest AA meeting so. no i dont see any harm in having 8 drinks a week and i think you know theres nothing wrong with it. treble that and you might get nearer to the average irish person.

BTW - the hayfever proposal is interesting.
    Last week I was throwing out some fresh flowers. (I have asthma, hayfever and a number of other allergies). The centre of the flowers (gemilli or something like that), had yellow stuff, presumably pollen, in the middle by this stage. I didn't pass much heed, until, about 2 hours later, my nose was raving with itch, I had pains in my ears, neck, head, aches in every muscle and bone of my body and I genuinely thought 'ah crap - here we go - I'm coming down with something'. A friend suggested hayfever, and I remembered the flowers. I decontaminated kitchen, sitting room, washed my clothes, showered and hey presto - within an hour - I was cured!

point me to the nearest AA meeting so. no i dont see any harm in having 8 drinks a week and i think you know theres nothing wrong with it. treble that and you might get nearer to the average irish person.

i do think there is something wrong with it, absolutely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

My point is simple

People nowadays are too quick to jump on the "im allergic" or " im intolerant" band wagon. In most cases its not a food intolerance but people seem to love being able to say "im intolerant" <...>
    These two "I'm allergic / intolerant" come very handy when you aren't eating something in public places, say work canteen etc., e.g. I wouldn't eat any flour/sugar/fat concoction and it saves me a lot of time just saying "I'm allergic to gluten" which I'm not, instead of going on full blown rant about how biscuits and such are rubbish nutrition wise, contain too much sugar and made with lowest quality fats possible... people don't care about that anyway.

j@utis wrote: »
    These two "I'm allergic / intolerant" come very handy when you aren't eating something in public places, say work canteen etc., e.g. I wouldn't eat any flour/sugar/fat concoction and it saves me a lot of time just saying "I'm allergic to gluten" which I'm not, instead of going on full blown rant about how biscuits and such are rubbish nutrition wise, contain too much sugar and made with lowest quality fats possible... people don't care about that anyway.

True

mickman I appreciate that you are unhappy with what you believe to be a disproportionate amount of people claiming to have allergies and intolerances, but it's not really relevant and to me it appears you have a chip on your shoulder and it's getting in the way of intelligent discussion.

Your honing in on the alcohol, for example. For years, I was drinking approximately thirty drinks per month. I was very rarely sick during that time, twice a year at the very most. Then I reduced that down from thirty to four, and I became run down and you say it's because of those four alcoholic drinks... Your theory is doubly bizarre because you've also decided to completely disregarded the dairy, the grains and the sugar.

Regarding you being worried about 30 drinks a month (which is less than 8 drinks per week) being something to worry about.... that's nonsense; evidenced by the fact that I was able to reduce this figure to 0 for an entire month and endured no negative withdrawal symptoms; and the fact that I could have continued at zero but simply chose to have a couple of social drinks with my parents instead of going into a big discussion with them about why I've given up alcohol. (the reason for which is to lose bodyfat, have more energy and not be hungover once a week.)

mickman I appreciate that you are unhappy with what you believe to be a disproportionate amount of people claiming to have allergies and intolerances, but it's not really relevant and to me it appears you have a chip on your shoulder and it's getting in the way of intelligent discussion.

Your honing in on the alcohol, for example. For years, I was drinking approximately thirty drinks per month. I was very rarely sick during that time, twice a year at the very most. Then I reduced that down from thirty to four, and I became run down and you say it's because of those four alcoholic drinks... Your theory is doubly bizarre because you've also decided to completely disregarded the dairy, the grains and the sugar.

Regarding you being worried about 30 drinks a month (which is less than 8 drinks per week) being something to worry about.... that's nonsense; evidenced by the fact that I was able to reduce this figure to 0 for an entire month and endured no negative withdrawal symptoms; and the fact that I could have continued at zero but simply chose to have a couple of social drinks with my parents instead of going into a big discussion with them about why I've given up alcohol. (the reason for which is to lose bodyfat, have more energy and not be hungover once a week.)

You think that just because you didn't have withdrawal symptoms after giving up your heavy drinking that it wasn't bad for you ? Give me a break

Look man , why don't you do what everyone does and go to a quack that will declare you are intolerant to almost every food on earth . You seem intent on overcomplicating the situation

You don't seem to understand that while you were drinking like a fish , your body built up a tolerance to alcohol so it didn't shock your immune system. You then gave it up , your body started to detox and lose that tolerance to alcohol and when you had a few beers then , you got run down as ALCOHOl IS AN IMMUNE SYSTEM DEPRESSANT . It affects your sleep which guess what , AFFECTS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM

Maybe you should go to someone who will hold crystals beside your ear and tell you your long list of intolerances !

And also of course sugar is bad for you but do you think you are intolerant to sugar ?

Go to your parents and eat grains / milk with no sugar or beer and see what happens

You have proven my point by saying you were very rarely sick when doing the drinking as during this time you had lots of sugar / grains and dairy also , do how could you suddenly be 'intolerant'

• Advertisement

You have proven my point by saying you were very rarely sick when doing the drinking as during this time you had lots of sugar / grains and dairy also , do how could you suddenly be 'intolerant'

My doctor explained this to me like this.

While eating bread/grains I had built up the antibodies to deal with them. When I stopped eating bread/grains i stopped producing them so when I ate them again it made me sick.

My doctor explained this to me like this.

While eating bread/grains I had built up the antibodies to deal with them. When I stopped eating bread/grains i stopped producing them so when I ate them again it made me sick.

fair enough but that isnt an intolerance

fair enough but that isnt an intolerance

What would you call it then? Last week I went to Crackbird. Ate some chicken coated in flour. This week I'm covered in mouth ulcers.

What would you call it then? Last week I went to Crackbird. Ate some chicken coated in flour. This week I'm covered in mouth ulcers.

a faulty immune system

a faulty immune system

That's so weird.

Every time i eat bread/wheat I get sick. There has to be a name for that!

That's so weird.

ALCOHOLISM. :mad::mad:

That's so weird.

the body’s immune system, which is normally used to fight disease, attacks the normal cells as its confused

Lupus it is so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

neverlupus_2.gif

Also claiming 30 units of alcohol a MONTH is verging on alcoholism is ridiculous in the extreme, and shows a startling lack of understanding of alcoholism as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

the body’s immune system, which is normally used to fight disease, attacks the normal cells as its confused

Only when the normal cells are drunk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement