Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I hope Cavani signs for Madrid.

Spanner in the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So in the last while, someone from Sky Sports has said that we'd agreed a deal for Alberto, and the Shakhtar has apparently said that a club has triggered MkH's release clause...

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I hope Cavani signs for Madrid.

Spanner in the works.

Do you think that Suarez is a recoverable situation? I don't think we can come back from this. He really wants to leave, I want as many clubs in for him as possible. Cavani to Chelsea would work for me, that would make Madrid focus on Luis, and we get a good fee please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

On Carroll, he's well entitled to ask for whatever he wants. He's in the driving seat in that deal.

West Ham would be nuts to pay it but that's another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

LiamoSail wrote: »
    A Gareth bale range of walking sticks, whips and harnesses. As someone said in relation to andy Carroll and his salary, what has happened football?

I like the fact that reading "whips, harness and saddlery" made you think of Carroll :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Kess73 wrote: »
    Owen to Real saw us receive money plus a player.

Konchesky to us saw us pay money plus give two players.

That's the two most recent examples involving us that come to mind. Can think of other examples involving other clubs. Eto + Cash for Ibra is one humdinger of an example.

Would obviously not be as common a deal as a cash for player deal, but there would be a number of cash plus player type deals must summers across the European leagues. Most won't catch the eye due to no big names being involved or due to it happening in other leagues.

There are also a number of deals that are not officially counted as part exchange (probably out of respect to the players). E.g. Luis Garcia going to Atletico in a separate transaction, in the same week as Torres signed for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Semantics!

When is a player move linked or not linked to a bigger deal?
    When the parties involved say it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just read the Suarez comments in his latest interview,

Made me sad and angry in equal amounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Of course the Luis situation is salvagable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dickerty wrote: »
    So in the last while, someone from Sky Sports has said that we'd agreed a deal for Alberto, and the Shakhtar has apparently said that a club has triggered MkH's release clause...

Sky Sports have to be one of the worst media outlets. They rehash stuff that appears days previous and they say "Sky Sources understand" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »

3uvso8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have never seen Mhiktaryan or Luis Alberto play aside from clips on youtube, but can either of these guys play up front? For some reason I have a feeling one of these guys will be tried out as a forward, or a false nine ala Fabregas for Spain. If you include Aspas & Coutinho along with these two it just seems like a lot of money to be spending on players who play off the striker or out wide, assuming Suarez does go I wouldn't even be 100% sure that we will sign another forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Salvageable in that we could get one more season out of him.

But at this point in time that is looking like a very small percentage chance of even happening.

But for once we (LFC) are in the driving seat.... that feels good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Liverpool are in almost complete control in the Suarez issue.

Contracts mean little these days. However! Length of contract is a huge factor (obviously :p)

If there was 2 years left on his contract and he's gone. If there was 3 years left, the club has the upper hand and usually get a better deal. 4years left on his contract, the ball is in LFC's court.

They better not **** up by letting him go for less than his current market value.......LFC can basically dictate what that is.....

Vicxas wrote: »
    3uvso8

Serious but not optimistic. I felt last season he would be gone this summer...when the jersey promotional stuff was released it was pretty much confirmed although I did hopethat it was just some form of ridiculous punishment after the bite. But if no bid comes in, he has said all the right things about the club...all that's needed is an LFC TV interview talking about press intrusion...and one goal later things are back to normal...at least til January.

not that I had much left but Suarez gate has put the final nail in the coffin of my faith when it comes to loyalty to club from the modern day footballer.

Lloyd's right. football needs a big reset as the money is ruining it.

I don't agree, unless it's like Masc when we agree to give it one more year. But I can't imagine the fans being at all accepting of him after the amount he has talked up his need to leave. Personally, I want to see the back of him...

He's trademarking a logo.

That logo, when printed on an item, will make it instantly ****......it really is awful....

Leiva wrote: »
    not that I had much left but Suarez gate has put the final nail in the coffin of my faith when it comes to loyalty to club from the modern day footballer.

Yes and no. If a club is successful on and off the field, they deserve to be able to pay more and attract the best players. The same is true of any business.

The problem is the non-application of the FFP, where clubs like Chelsea, City, PSG and Monaco spend huge amounts of money over and above their income. That NEEDS to be stopped, but UEFA won't do it because they want to keep attracting Russian and Middle Eastern Billionaires. They last thing they want is for the power base of football to move south or east...

• Advertisement

Now i know you've lost it :pac: .......in all seriousness though, the way i see it is you'll probably hang on to very good players for at least 2 seasons...its hard to get attached to a footballer when the gulf between them and us (the average fan) is absolutely massive in terms of lifestyle etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

According to German media, Erikson is close to a done deal to Dortmund

Hidalgo wrote: »
    According to German media, Erikson is close to a done deal to Dortmund

that's why i think we backed off the hunt for him.I would say we made a serious attempt to speak to him only to be told that Dortmund is his preferred move.

I don't think it was a case of going for Myhkiryannfhdtydgtri instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

We'll have a team of players whose name I can't pronounce at this rate
    Transfer news: Balazs Dzsudzsak's agent claims Liverpool approach

Balazs Dzsudzsak's agent Jozsef Vorosbaranyi claims Liverpool and Inter Milan are among clubs interested in his client.

The 26-year-old Hungarian winger currently plies his trade with Dynamo Moscow in the Russian Premier League, where he has a contract until 31st December 2015.

The player, who is thought to be valued at 12 million euros (£10.18m), scored five goals in 27 games last season.

Vorosbaranyi told fcinter1908: "Numerous clubs made an approach including Internazionale and Liverpool, but I can't say more concrete things.

"Balazs didn't ask the club to let him go because he feels good at the team and has a good partnership with coach Dan Petrescu.

"But anything can happen."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8780451/

I don't agree, unless it's like Masc when we agree to give it one more year. But I can't imagine the fans being at all accepting of him after the amount he has talked up his need to leave. Personally, I want to see the back of him...

By salvagable I did mean 1 more year...and I don't think anyone could complain with that. I think you are giving football fans too much credit....most of them will completely forget the situation if he agrees to stay..some will seperate their feelings from what is in the clubs best interest. And as you say yourself Suarez speaks of a need to leave...not a desire to leave.

There will be a lot of affectionate pet names being thrown about at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

apparently southampton are in talks with Ever Banega of Valencia, i've heard him mentioned as a potential here before.

sweetie wrote: »
    apparently southampton are in talks with Ever Banega of Valencia, i've heard him mentioned as a potential here before.

The Banega to Southampton story seems to have legs, him and Lovren likely for them so far this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Hate the way agents can just use whatever clubs name they want when trying to drum up interest for their clients.

Loving our targets so far. Rodgers is really committing to the '4231' it seems, going for three genuine attacking-midfielders/forwards behind the striker...which is ironically a truer 4231 than Rafa ever employed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The cat's out of the bag.

What I want from Suarez is to be good at football and win us games.

As long as he's not doing heinous **** like raping people, beating his wife or whatever, I don't really give a ****e how he rates on the moral scale.

If he wants to give interviews about how much he wants to leave, more power to him. Don't care. As long as the club is strong and we either get what he's worth in transfer fees or he's playing here next season it doesn't matter much to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Very useful CM/Playmaker. Seems to have recovered well from mashing up his lower left leg with his car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There will be a lot of affectionate pet names being thrown about at this stage.

If only BorneTobyWilde was still around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Who do you think we are, City?

Oh, Lol.

Knex. wrote: »
    If only BorneTobyWilde was still around.

Or argosy....or his many other guises

What is the story with Southampton.....very good deals for them if true and completed....coups even!

NukaCola wrote: »
    What is the story with Southampton.....very good deals for them if true and completed....coups even!

Strange goings on alrite....I thought Ramierez was a once off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Torres put the nail in the coffin for me. I genuinely believe he loved the club. When Suarez joined, I knew he would want to leave eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

flanzer wrote: »
    The world has gone mad. I see Gareth Bale is trying to trade mark his goal celebration

He celebrates like a 13 year old girl at a one direction concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He celebrates like a 13 year old girl at a one direction concert.

We'll have to take your word for that I suppose! :pac:

Yeah.... 13 year old girl..... *Shifty Eyes*

joe123 wrote: »
    When Suarez joined, I knew he would want to leave eventually.

I didnt, I thought he and Torres was bring us straight back to being a top 4 team, then that hope was immediately dashed. But I thought he'd be happy as long as we made top 4. As last season began badly, I knew it was be hard to keep him any longer...

• Advertisement

On an online Q&A with Neil Jones of the Echo
    he thinks that if Mkitaryan is bought, it will be as a replacement for Suarez rather than a supplement.

The full Q&A is on the echo website

So if all the rumours are true,

So far by the start of July we will have:

Toure
    Aspas
    Alberto
    Mignolet
    Mhkitrayayayay

Thats a brilliant piece of business so far if im being honest

Toure
    Aspas
    Alberto
    Mignolet
    Mhkitrayayayay

So long as last summer's f*ckup for strikers isn't repeated at the back this season and Skrtl gets sold with the result being a shortage at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Hidalgo wrote: »
    On an online Q&A with Neil Jones of the Echo
    he thinks that if Mkitaryan is bought, it will be as a replacement for Suarez rather than a supplement.

The full Q&A is on the echo website

Mkhitaryan or Eriksen? Who will it probably be and who do you prefer?

Neil Jones: 'Well the info I have is that Eriksen has never really been a genuine possibility. Indeed, as I speak I am hearing he is set to move to Borussia Dortmund. As for who is the better player; from the limited times I have seen them, I have been more impressed by Eriksen. Just a personal call, that one'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

_68212860_henrikh_mkhitaryan2_getty.jpg

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Liverpool want Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder

By Phil McNulty
    BBC Chief football writer

Liverpool are pushing ahead with plans to make Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan their major summer signing.
    The 24-year-old is understood to have a £20m release clause in his contract with Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk.
    Liverpool have indicated they are willing to meet that figure.

Anfield officials are aware there may be competition for Mkhitaryan, who scored 25 league goals for Shakhtar last season, but are optimistic he can be persuaded to move to Liverpool.

Manager Brendan Rodgers sees Mkhitaryan, who has also been linked with Juventus and Borussia Dortmund, as a key element of his plans to add extra firepower to his side next season.
    Mkhitaryan began his career at Pyunik in his home country and scored 30 goals in 70 league appearances.
    He moved to Ukraine to join Metalurh Donetsk in the summer of 2009 and, after 12 goals in 37 top-flight outings, was signed by Shakhtar in August 2010.

He has scored 38 goals in 72 league games for the club, and was the Ukrainian top-flight's leading scorer with 25 goals in 29 league outings last season.
    Mkhitaryan made his international debut in January 2007 in a friendly against Panama and he has scored 11 goals in 38 appearances for his country to date.

Meanwhile, Liverpool remain in discussions with Sunderland for goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.
    They have offered £8m and, while Sunderland are currently holding out for £10m, the move is fully expected to go through.
    Rodgers has signed Manchester City defender Kolo Toure and a deal in principle for Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas has been announced.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Does Luis Suarez have a release clause in his contract, If so how much is it? Plus are any signings close to being completed?

Neil Jones: 'Suarez's contract clause is a complex one. A clause does exist, but it iis not one which would force Liverpool to sell, only to negotiate. Sounds a bit strange, but I'm told that it is pretty standard. The 'negotiation fee' is in excess of £40m.
    As for the deals, Liverpool are working on deals for Tiago Ilori, Luis Alberto and Simon Mignolet this week. There are also a couple of players close to joining at youth level, mainly from Spain. The deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan is likely to take a little bit more negotiating, though Liverpool are confident they can make some progress on that, despite competition from elsewhere'.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-live-blog-re-read-4330664

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

gafferino wrote: »
    Does Luis Suarez have a release clause in his contract, If so how much is it? Plus are any signings close to being completed?

Neil Jones: 'Suarez's contract clause is a complex one. A clause does exist, but it iis not one which would force Liverpool to sell, only to negotiate. Sounds a bit strange, but I'm told that it is pretty standard. The 'negotiation fee' is in excess of £40m.
    As for the deals, Liverpool are working on deals for Tiago Ilori, Luis Alberto and Simon Mignolet this week. There are also a couple of players close to joining at youth level, mainly from Spain. The deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan is likely to take a little bit more negotiating, though Liverpool are confident they can make some progress on that, despite competition from elsewhere'.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-live-blog-re-read-4330664

This sounds very good. It means Liverpool stay in the driving seat if its true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Toure
    Aspas
    Alberto
    Mignolet
    Mhkitrayayayay

Still feel we're weaker. The problem I have is that we're losing our only natural goal scorer. While Sturridge has been quality, I get the feeling that he could easily have a scoring drought. Mkhitaryan is going to find it a lot harder in the Premier League. Aspas doesn't seem to have been prolific in his career. The rest of our attackers (Downing, Borini, etc.) have struggled to score goals.

Hope I am wrong.

The clause to negotiate is a a bit odd. Surely you could then just act the c*nt in any negotiations and overvalue your player to the extent that the other party pulls out, you've met your obligation on the terms of the clause by negotiating with the interested party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Neil Jones: 'Well the info I have is that Eriksen has never really been a genuine possibility.
    Said that all along myself. There was no way he was playing outside of the Champions League.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement