Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Yes first post!, and i dont even support Arsenal mwhahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hi ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    Yes first post!, and i dont even support Arsenal mwhahahaha

you don't count very well either :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Pity we have nothing to talk about :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

after that video we this thread can only get better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Any update on the Sahin deal? Will liverpool sneak him away from us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Pity we have nothing to talk about :)

chelsea signed some guy called azar by the sounds of sky sports news :pac:

wait to you hear how many now'll pronounce it this way (correctly i'm assuming) unlike before it was more like dukes of hazzard

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

New threads, ahoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Hello new thread! Apologies in advance for all the swings from pessimism to optimism and back again that we will put you through :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Keep RVP and throw us Song for £15mil please, thats all I request for your shiny new thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If RVP must go then so be it but please new thread don't let it be to United, if Song is being placed on the chopping block by Wenger then we will not question him but instead hope for some top notch replacements to be brought it I.e Sahin, M'Vila and a adequate Cf. But most importantly please don't let the optimism we as Arsenal fans have held all summer be cruely snatched away from us at the last hurdle leaving us fearing the doom and gloom once again.All we ask for is some great victory's in the coming season and possibly an end to our baron run and hold a trophy high once again.

Yours sincerely
    Marty McFly

If RVP must go then so be it but please new thread don't let it be to United, if Song is being placed on the chopping block by Wenger then we will not question him but instead hope for some top notch replacements to be brought it I.e Sahin, M'Vila and a adequate Cf. But most importantly please don't let the optimism we as Arsenal fans have held all summer be cruely snatched away from us at the last hurdle leaving us fearing the doom and gloom once again.All we ask for is some great victory's in the coming season and possibly an end to our baron run an hold a trophy high again.

Yours sincerely
    Marty McFly

Hear hear!

Van Persie, tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

New thread? Wenger out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

I've gotten 3 text messages from 3 different Man United fans this morning who all reckon RVP is signing for them today.
    Anyone hear anything???

Arseblog has it spot on today. United is RVP's only choice now. He overestimated how many clubs would be willing to buy a 29 year old, injury prone striker who's already had the best season he will ever have. Juve are out, Conte being suspended kind of threw those dealings up in the air. City have too many strikers and haven't shown huge interest in any case. The likes of Barca, Real, AC Milan, PSG have shown zero interest in him. His foolish statement has landed him with the choice of either betraying each and every Arsenal by moving to United or else suck up his pride and stick with Arsenal. Given the sort of character he's revealed to be now, I think staying at Arsenal would be too much of a hit on his over inflated ego. Let him go, we will be fine without him. I think that people are over estimating how much of an impact he'll have at United. United aren't going to focus all their attack on him like we did, allowing him to score for fun, he won't score half as much with them, mark my words. If all goes well, he won't play half the season for them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

G1032 wrote: »
    I've gotten 3 text messages from 3 different Man United fans this morning who all reckon RVP is signing for them today.
    Anyone hear anything???

My mate Dave who works in a chipper in Manchester said Robin ordered a smoked cod and chips last night.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Arseblog has it spot on today. United is RVP's only choice now. He overestimated how many clubs would be willing to buy a 29 year old, injury prone striker who's already had the best season he will ever have. Juve are out, Conte being suspended kind of threw those dealings up in the air. City have too many strikers and haven't shown huge interest in any case. The likes of Barca, Real, AC Milan, PSG have shown zero interest in him. His foolish statement has landed him with the choice of either betraying each and every Arsenal by moving to United or else suck up his pride and stick with Arsenal. Given the sort of character he's revealed to be now, I think staying at Arsenal would be too much of a hit on his over inflated ego. Let him go, we will be fine without him. I think that people are over estimating how much of an impact he'll have at United. United aren't going to focus all their attack on him like we did, allowing him to score for fun, he won't score half as much with them, mark my words. If all goes well, he won't play half the season for them anyway.

Thought arseblog was a brilliant read today and was spit on about Song too
    Also he set up a new tactics column last night would advise people to read it too it's very good

Thought arseblog was a brilliant read today and was spit on about Song too
    Also he set up a new tactics column last night would advise people to read it too it's very good

Just had it loaded up as you typed! I'd advise any Arsenal fan to read arseblog, the man has a great perspective of things, it's consistently a great read.

Just had it loaded up as you typed! I'd advise any Arsenal fan to read arseblog, the man has a great perspective of things, it's consistently a great read.

And Irish too! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Seeing as how we're into the new season now and all, everyone in the arsenal/boards fantasy football league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything???

My mate Dave who works in a chipper in Manchester said Robin ordered a smoked cod and chips last night.
    What?
    I was only asking if anyone here had heard anything.

gosplan wrote: »
    Seeing as how we're into the new season now and all, everyone in the arsenal/boards fantasy football league?

Nope, do you have the code

Anyone hear anything???

It's possible but given he's in Holland or Belgium or somewhere with the national team, he'd have to get there first.

I'm not sure - given the noise, you'd assume something is on the brink of happening but this is also the last show in town for the makey-uppy journalists before the league starts and as far as I can gather, nothing concrete has actually happened since last week when Fergie was banging on about it.

Also, Man U fan's really have a hard time when it come to transfer rumours simply because there's so many of them and a believable Man U transfer update is great currency in media terms.

Remember Sniejder last summer? That tricky Brazillian kid this year - there were countless evenings where he was signing 'the next morning' - you know, some ar$ehole 'understands' the signing will be completed in 24 hours.

Nope, do you have the code

Can't figure out how to find it from 'my leagues'.

if you can tell me how, I'll let you know. Guessing the admin has to be someone here though.

Also it just renewed automatically from last year so the code may be the same as the one posted in last year's superthread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What?
    I was only asking if anyone here had heard anything.

No worries man I wasnt have'n a go just making a joke - Though a very bad I can see.

Oranage2 wrote: »

That you Jim White?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A new thread for a new season , its only Wednesday, So I say fck RVP and lets just get 3 points Saturday against the Mackems C'mon you goooners !!!!

Oh and no injuries from the International bar maybe RVP lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Looks like RVP still trying to make his mind up, Van Gaal was saying he speaking to him about it recently. could pull a Vieira on it, Vieira was as good as good in 2004 and changed his mind at the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Now i know why there was no new posts in my followed threads all morning, because it was locked!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

According to F365 Marca have linked us to Llorente to replace RVP. It also says Mourinho wants Sahin to join Liverpool but Sahin wants to join us.

Llorente would cost a lot, probably more than RVP's prospective fee. Can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Llorent has told them he won't be renewing his contract , so could well be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

No way we'll sign Llorente after spending £12m on Giroud. No way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Can't see it with giroud. Wengers come out before and said he wasn't the biggest fan of target men type strikers, can see him playing with 1 definately not 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

We need a little nipy forward.

Hernandez swap + cash deal for RVP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

meriwether wrote: »

Would ye take him? He is extremely limited as a player (skill, technical ability).

I'm not saying he is a bad player, but an Arsenal player, where he might be expected to contribute to the build up of attacks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I want Llorente :mad:

Noooo thank you. Hard cash please, and lots of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Noooo thank you. Hard cash please, and lots of it.

Yes but the worry there is the cash just disappears into a big black hole never to be seen again...............I dont want Hernandez either for the record.

It's hilarious but if you were to believe the rumours and Song and RVP go for somewhere around a combined 40-50 million, then we pick up Sahin on loan ... we'd have lost two of our best players, the first two names on the teamsheet last season and made a profit from transfers .... again!!!!

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    It's hilarious but if you were to believe the rumours and Song and RVP go for somewhere around a combined 40-50 million, then we pick up Sahin on loan ... we'd have lost two of our best players, the first two names on the teamsheet last season and made a profit from transfers .... again!!!!

Maybe make a profit but more importantly we could have a stronger squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

HazDanz wrote: »
    Any update on the Sahin deal? Will liverpool sneak him away from us?

Can't see that happening. Why would Sahin want to go to Liverpool for a season and miss out on Champions League football? If he stayed at Madrid he might get a couple of sub appearances. I think that's Arsenal's advantage in all of this; if he joins us he's guaranteed Champions League football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Galvasean wrote: »
    Can't see that happening. Why would Sahin want to go to Liverpool for a season and miss out on Champions League football? If he stayed at Madrid he might get a couple of sub appearances. I think that's Arsenal's advantage in all of this; if he joins us he's guaranteed Champions League football.

But Liverpool won the Carling Cup last season?

Galvasean wrote: »

Supposedly Mourinho wants him at Liverpool and Sahin wants to go to Arsenal make of that what you will. I imagine like what you are saying the chance to play Champions league football as a possible starter at Arsenal is a major draw for him.
    But Liverpool won the Carling Cup last season?

They signed Joe Allen too for a lovely inflated price so the possibility to retain the cup is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Nooooooooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Read somewhere that Rodgers worked under Mourninho during his spell at Chelsea (not totally sure if true) and because of this trusts him more than most. Still strange though that he would rather Sahin go to a club without any Champions League football to gain more experience.
    Maybe he feels Sahin mightn't get enough game time with Song in our team also. So it may take an exit from Song to see Sahin come in.

Sad to hear of Muamba's retirement. Wish him all the best, he's one of our own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

How long will we keep the positive vibes in this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

jank wrote: »
    How long will we keep the positive vibes in this thread?

Haha, I was thinking that this morning when I saw the new thread. Everyone's so happy in here, then again in comparison to last transfer deadline and the one before that there's nothing but good vibes for this summer.

Also, Mirallas, who was rumoured on Arseblog looks to be signing for Everton. Would've made a nice accquisition based on YouTube videos but all footage was from the Greek league, so I really don't know what to make of that. Could be a great signing for the Toffees though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I doubt CL football will be a huge sway to a player on loan. The experience would be nice but when he's going to a team who have no chance of winning it I'm not sure an extra 6 games will be that big of deal. If it was a transfer then it would play a much bigger part.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement