Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

I can still see Arsenal finishing in the top four because your club seems to be like a conver belt of players you sell one and yous have some young fellow ready to take his place . I actually think Arsenal have a better team then last season and the best thing for you's is the fact yous aren't relying on an injury prone player to score the majority of your goals .

Top four has not, is not and never will be a trophy.

That's what I want. This top four is a load of b*llox.

If you're top four, you should be challenging for the trophy. You don't sell your best player to another challenger, making the stronger.

Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He wouldnt fit in at Arsenal. I wouldnt be surprised if its true as United would then have five strikers and Rooney is automatic starter so its four into one. At his age he'll want to be playing. Wouldnt be surprised if Welbeck is upset too.

At least that could be a positive. Upsetting the United dressing room :pac:

Berba is sure to be gone so its just Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck and Hernandez, they will get game time, not as much as I would like I grant you, Also, Rooney, Welbz and RVP can play in a couple of positions so they are guaranteed to get plenty of game time imo, Chico could be the odd man out alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

dvemail wrote: »
    Apparently Wenger told French TV he was sold for over €30million.

£23.5m.

What the fcuk is he doing in France anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

robby^5 wrote: »
    I think that's a poor attitude. No player is bigger than the club.

My attitude is poor???You should be questioning the attitude of the people who own AFC not me.Their attitude is appauling in my opinion.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

That'd be consistent with the £24million being reported.
    Sergio wrote: »
    My attitude is poor???You should be questioning the attitude of the people who own AFC not me.Their attitude is appauling in my opinion.:rolleyes:

What else could they have done? Nobody else was interested in buying him and he doesn't want to be at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,213 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think that's a poor attitude. No player is bigger than the club.

The club is not so big anymore and have been selling their best players to rivals for the last number of years. Big clubs don't do that and the exodus of players is proof of that. We are a selling club and only interested in profits for our shareholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Girioud + Podolski + Cazorla > RvP so at least we haven't weakened our team this year (unless of course Song goes without bringing in anyone)

It's a shame about Sahin though.

I hope thats the case, but how do we know? Podolski and Giroud could take ages to settle in, we are going into another season with uncertainties again. RVP was a proven goalscorer for us, we shouldnt have sold him as we need to settle in the new lads. Is sickening though that RVP wore the captains armband on sunday :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

24 mill gbp is about €30.5 or a little over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We sold rvp we signed giroud and podiski
    If we sell song we need a replacement got him
    Maybe one more midfielder and were stronger than last season

How are we not showing ambition we knew he was going and got our signings in early

I think the club is doing very good this summer no complaints so far

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Berba is sure to be gone so its just Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck and Hernandez, they will get game time, not as much as I would like I grant you, Also, Rooney, Welbz and RVP can play in a couple of positions so they are guaranteed to get plenty of game time imo, Chico could be the odd man out alright.

Didnt Berbatov just get his contract extended? Havent heard of any interest in him since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Treachery will come home to
    the traitor!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

From another site..

Apparently:

£15m with add-ons (unlikely to go above £20m)
    £150k a week
    Juve and City both bid the same amount, City offered higher wages but he only wanted to join utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

£23.5m.

What the fcuk is he doing in France anyway?

Reporting on a the France v Uruguay match as far as i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A0XSudvCcAAVYhr.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Trilla wrote: »
    Where did you see or hear this?

Some journalists reporting it on Twitter - can't really verify. I see if I can find a tweet from a known journo.

• Advertisement

The club is not so big anymore and have been selling their best players to rivals for the last number of years. Big clubs don't do that and the exodus of players is proof of that. We are a selling club and only interested in profits for our shareholders.

I didn't say anything about how big the club was, but since you mentioned it Arsenal is as big as it's ever been.

We're a selling club? As if we couldn't wait to cash in on RvP...tripe. We wanted to keep him and sign him for the long term, he made sure that it wasn't possible. Club is not at fault here and have done remarkably well to get the money they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Didnt Berbatov just get his contract extended? Havent heard of any interest in him since.

No, his contract was extended by the club in Feb/March, stops him leaving on a free, there has been interest from England, France, Russia and Germany, apparently Milan also, Berba has said he will be leaving.

He deserves a lot better then how he is treated at the club and I just hope he gets himself a good team

I didn't say anything about how big the club was, but since you mentioned it Arsenal is as big as it's ever been.

We're a selling club? As if we couldn't wait to cash in on RvP...tripe.

How many Captains have we sold now ? They deserted the sinking ship for trophies. We have won none since 2005. The sinking ship is being deserted annually BUT sure we are happy with Top 4 so what harm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

while its impossible to ignore that we've sold some top players lets look at them:
    Fab - wanted to go back to barcelona his home club and best team in the world. Can't blame him and hard to keep an unhappy player on board
    Nasri: Merc, disruptive, better off without.
    RvP: you can't make a player sign a deal. He's not got the greatest personality in the world and would surely be a bad influence in the dressing room if he stuck around. Selling him was the only option. The team have had a buzz about them and were getting on like a house on fire in pre season, having a grumpy RvP on board would be bad for that.

We need to hit the ground running though, no doubt about it. And we need to buy another player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Being reported in other places that the fee was 22M up front with 2M in add ons

• Advertisement

Okay it was this guy apparently that started it - doesn't seem that reliable https://twitter.com/MikaMartinHaim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

hope rvp gets injured. sickening he is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

iMuse wrote: »
    Here we go again....

He also didn't know who Cazorla was. I'll see what happens. It's disappointing RVP left but the window isn't closed.

Now now he got us champions league football this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'm disappointed too but no need for these types of statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

How many Captains have we sold now ? They deserted the sinking ship for trophies. We have won none since 2005. The sinking ship is being deserted annually BUT sure we are happy with Top 4 so what harm :rolleyes:

Sinking ship implies we're gradually doing worse, we did better last year than the previous season.
    Stop being so dramatic, we sold one player, for a decent price, after a Summer where we've signed 3 quality players.
    This Summer we saw that RVP was not the guy we thought he was, frankly I don't want a player with his attitude at the club. We'll do absolutely fine next year. The obsession with winning trophies in the short term needs to stop. We are getting better, we will be back at the top in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

:eek: Bit far there mate.....

Sinking ship are you mad? You support one of the elite clubs in Europe, you have no idea what a club in peril is. We're much stronger this year than last, in every sense.

blobby360 wrote: »

I dont see how it is a bit far, fcuk yeh i want see him get injured the traitor. Its not like people are saying they want him to die or something. But do I want see him score 30 goals for United fcuk no injuries all they way thank you very much.

You could also say that about Benayoun in fairness.

The only disappointing thing about all this is that he has gone to Utd. Wenger should have stuck to his guns and refused to sell to them. Utd never worry about money or what they play for players while Arsenal count every fcuking cent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Wishing injuries on players is totally uncalled for. There will be cards if it happens again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

G.K. wrote: »
    Wishing injuries on players is totally uncalled for. There will be cards if it happens again.

what? :pac::pac::pac:

Sinking ship implies we're gradually doing worse, we did better last year than the previous season.
    Stop being so dramatic, we sold one player, for a decent price, after a Summer where we've signed 3 quality players.
    This Summer we saw that RVP was not the guy we thought he was, frankly I don't want a player with his attitude at the club. We'll do absolutely fine next year. The obsession with winning trophies in the short term needs to stop. We are getting better, we will be back at the top in a few years.

O.k. then, it's only listing badly. Trophies is what the game is about. Nobody remembers 2nd, 3rd or 4th in my opinion.

blobby360 wrote: »

u reckon? the guy has slated us publicaly and now gone to one of our main rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

The only disappointing thing about all this is that he has gone to Utd. Wenger should have stuck to his guns and refused to sell to them. Utd never worry about money or what they play for players while Arsenal count every fcuking cent.

in fairness you'd hardly want the club to end up like leeds or portsmouth

Would rather it was not utd either
    But 24m for a 29yr old with 11 months left on his contract and was pushing his way out is excellent business
    We just need a couple of more players and it will be a brilliant summer and sets u up nicely for the coming season

G.K. wrote: »

sorry man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wouldn't wish any injuries on him at all, but I do hope to feck that he extends his trophyless run until the day he retires!

O.k. then, it's only listing badly. Trophies is what the game is about. Nobody remembers 2nd, 3rd or 4th in my opinion.

aye we defo need to win a trophy, we're behind City in the league, probably chelsea too if they hit their stride, i'd bet this is the last year for Fergie and United really will feel his loss badly. I'd fancy us for the FA cup, and a decent CL run, the return of Wilshere fit and healthy and a decent backup for Sagna and I'll consider this season a success.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    in fairness you'd hardly want the club to end up like leeds or portsmouth

Nor do I want to see us as a feeder club and that's the reputation we are getting now. It's becoming a laughing stock with our rivals in fairness if you read some of the blogs.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    aye we defo need to win a trophy, we're behind City in the league, probably chelsea too if they hit their stride, i'd bet this is the last year for Fergie and United really will feel his loss badly. I'd fancy us for the FA cup, and a decent CL run, the return of Wilshere fit and healthy and a decent backup for Sagna and I'll consider this season a success.

I honestly dont think we need a back up for Sagna, i was impressed with Jenkinson last year, plus Yennaris and Coq can play there, bring in a holding midfielder and attackers for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Lads who do we think will be our new captain for the coming season. If Thomas Vermaelen can keep fit then i think he fits the bill,what you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Right where would you invest the money given a chance?

A sinking ship is Rangers they have sunk! We're just on a plateau - we get top four, we get to the latter stages of the cups, but we can't push that extra bit to win something.

• Advertisement

Nor do I want to see us as a feeder club and that's the reputation we are getting now. It's becoming a laughing stock with our rivals in fairness if you read some of the blogs.

yeah that's the jibe that really gets me too. It's why we need a trophy. we're successful financially, we need to be successful on the pitch too, it's the only way we'll hold on to our top players in the era of Moneybags like City,Chelsea and PSG.

I think though there's been a real shift in attitude from us this year, signing 3 top internationals is a huge step forward from signing unknown youths (although last year I remember being outraged at 15m for Ox, now I love the guy).

I hope the Van Persie money is spent and not just disappeared down the black hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Stop reading blogs about other clubs.

We signed Giroud to replace RVP and it's not worth 24 million just to bench him for a year.

I get that it grates but RVP made his position untenable.

It strengthens man u sure, but not by that much. I'd be far more annoyed right now if they signed song.

Some birthday present for Chamberlain this is. Turns 19 today. Hard to believe he is still so young.
    Sergio wrote: »
    Lads who do we think will be our new captain for the coming season. If Thomas Vermaelen can keep fit then i think he fits the bill,what you guys think?

Sagna would be my choice but it'll likely be Vermaelen alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I honestly dont think we need a back up for Sagna, i was impressed with Jenkinson last year, plus Yennaris and Coq can play there, bring in a holding midfielder and attackers for me

We really don't need another cf though. We're not going to play 442 because we don't have the midfielders for it and we've now got two good options for the single cf spot.

Hope Walcott doesn't decide to leave now after all of this. Losing him would be another massive loss,
    especially going from what ive seen from him pre-season. Has come a long way in the last few years.
    Would hate to see him play his best years at another club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement