Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new wave of republican violence

Options
  • 13-04-2010 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

With the upsurge in republican violence within northern ireland. Are we to see a return to the troubled period once again. With the high unemployment in working class areas of Ireland as a whole I do believe this could be the last push for a United Ireland.It could also see a return of the feared UDA/UFF and civil war spreading into the Republic.This is aim of these men. Revolution. Many Republicans,North and South,and also in the United States agree with the Real IRA. Republiucan Sinn Fein see Mr Adam and his cronies as traitors to the Republican Movement by allowing themselves to become elected to the British Parliament and also taking seats in Dail Eireann. That is not according to Sinn Fein's Founder members that no man shall take a seat in Dail Eireann until Ireland was United. They are not going away ya know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭northwest100

Would you not agree that reunification would only succeed if there's economic, political and social stability?

How would any of this be possible with a civil war? :confused:

It would be more constructive if north and south worked together towards developing a productive economy which benefits everyone on the island.

Once there's stability, perhaps reunification is feasible..we certainly won't find out with a return to sectarian violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The sooner these cowards are put behind bars the better. Murderers and thieves is all they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Elitist, undemocratic purists deserve only the contempt of all enlightened men and women. Find them, lock them up, and most importantly of all, laugh at them. Because they are a self evidently absurd bunch of savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah the last gasp of the irrelevant.

These people are now nobodies. Just a bunch of thugs who have lost their "status".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

anglo_celt wrote: »
    With the upsurge in republican violence within northern ireland. Are we to see a return to the troubled period once again. With the high unemployment in working class areas of Ireland as a whole I do believe this could be the last push for a United Ireland.It could also see a return of the feared UDA/UFF and civil war spreading into the Republic.This is aim of these men. Revolution. Many Republicans,North and South,and also in the United States agree with the Real IRA. Republiucan Sinn Fein see Mr Adam and his cronies as traitors to the Republican Movement by allowing themselves to become elected to the British Parliament and also taking seats in Dail Eireann. That is not according to Sinn Fein's Founder members that no man shall take a seat in Dail Eireann until Ireland was United. They are not going away ya know.

welcome billy the bomber to boards, your address is a gaelic location that does not exist, just as the aim for the rira and cira is an impossible make believe destination that no amount of bangs will make real,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

moonpurple wrote: »
    welcome billy the bomber to boards, your address is a gaelic location that does not exist, just as the aim for the rira and cira is an impossible make believe destination that no amount of bangs will make real,

I'm convinced, at this stage, these posters just make up a new user name every few weeks and come on boards to stir the s*it.

moonpurple wrote: »

I'd say he's from Wicklow but couldn't spell it in Irish so abbreviated it. He's hardcore republican.

k_mac wrote: »
    I'd say he's from Wicklow but couldn't spell it in Irish so abbreviated it. He's hardcore republican.

Nothing annoys me more than southern tossers trying to have an opinion about the North. I suppose they were right there in the middle of Derry on Bloody Sunday? Makes me sick. (Not aimed at you BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Denerick wrote: »
    Nothing annoys me more than southern tossers trying to have an opinion about the North. I suppose they were right there in the middle of Derry on Bloody Sunday? Makes me sick. (Not aimed at you BTW)

What? Most people from the 6 counties weren't in Derry during Bloody Sunday.

Could you elaborate a bit? Anyone in the world can have an opinion on the north. Maybe you mean something different but simply attacking someone's right to have an opinion is nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Mustn't be able to spell Google either.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~cronews/geog/county/coorig.html

• Advertisement

What? Most people from the 6 counties weren't in Derry during Bloody Sunday.

Could you elaborate a bit? Anyone in the world can have an opinion on the north. Maybe you mean something different but simply attacking someone's right to have an opinion is nuts.

I hear a lot of really crap opinions in Dublin pubs from people once they hear my Northern accent. Some come out with the most Republican BS you can imagine, completely unthought opinions from people who know nothing about the North. It annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I hear a lot of really crap opinions in Dublin pubs from people once they hear my Northern accent. Some come out with the most Republican BS you can imagine, completely unthought opinions from people who know nothing about the North. It annoys me.

Don't worry they probably know feck all about the rest of ireland either!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭McNulty32

When will the establishment learn and all the sheep who they have hoodwinked, there will NEVER EVER be stability in the Northern six counties nor an end to violence aslong as the region remains under British occupation, they can paint any rosy picture they want, that the national question has been solved, that peace has been declared, the militia police are now a secular police force called the 'PSNI, blah blah blah,

Behind all the above drivel, sectarianism among the communites is worse the ever, the criminalisation and repression of the nationalist people is at its worse in years, with widespread use of brutal unjust paramilitary police actions, such as random house raids, internment by remand, beatings, killings, use of plastic bullets on children, lets not forget widespread unployment, deary souless housing estates, and the highest suicide rate in all of Western Europe,
    and you people have the cheek to call those who rise against this oppressions 'criminals and thieves' because they stand up and make their opinion known through the only means they have which is use of force use of force, and to give participation in the occupying forces parliament to attempt to make change as an alternative is absurd to republicans and only one with a ounce of principle, we wont get the Brits out by working for them, its been tried and tested in the past and has failed miserably,
    people are tired of been told to stay in their place by British government, Unionists, West Brits, big business Sinn Fein reformist traitors and the Southern banana Republic.

You freestaters do what you do best, live comfortably with the thought that you dont live in the occupied province less then 3 hours up the road, and forget about the plight and tension your fellow countrymen live with, but dont forget to condemn them when they lash out, Im sure they give two f*cks to what you think giving the Souths cowardly record of indifference.

The Brits have tried everything, if they want to really solve the problem, then leave and this will all be a bad memory and we can get on as a nation once and for all.

McNulty32 wrote: »
    When will the establishment learn and all the sheep who they have hoodwinked, there will NEVER EVER be stability in the Northern six counties nor an end to violence aslong as the region remains under British occupation, they can paint any rosy picture they want, that the national question has been solved, that peace has been declared, the militia police are now a secular police force called the 'PSNI, blah blah blah,

Behind all the above drivel, sectarianism among the communites is worse the ever, the criminalisation and repression of the nationalist people is at its worse in years, with widespread use of brutal unjust paramilitary police actions, such as random house raids, internment by remand, beatings, killings, use of plastic bullets on children, lets not forget widespread unployment, deary souless housing estates, and the highest suicide rate in all of Western Europe,
    and you people have the cheek to call those who rise against this oppressions 'criminals and thieves' because they stand up and make their opinion known through the only means they have which is use of force use of force, and to give participation in the occupying forces parliament to attempt to make change as an alternative is absurd to republicans and only one with a ounce of principle, we wont get the Brits out by working for them, its been tried and tested in the past and has failed miserably,
    people are tired of been told to stay in their place by British government, Unionists, West Brits, big business Sinn Fein reformist traitors and the Southern banana Republic.

You freestaters do what you do best, live comfortably with the thought that you dont live in the occupied province less then 3 hours up the road, and forget about the plight and tension your fellow countrymen live with, but dont forget to condemn them when they lash out, Im sure they give two f*cks to what you think giving the Souths cowardly record of indifference.

The Brits have tried everything, if they want to really solve the problem, then leave and this will all be a bad memory and we can get on as a nation once and for all.

I call them criminals and thieves because thats all they are. Its well known that dissident republicans are heavily involved in smuggling and drug dealing to fund their campaign. They also murder innocent people to make their point. The IRA was originally formed to protect the rights of catholics in the North. This mission has been completed. All thats left now are power hungry sociopaths who don't have the respect of anyone. There will be no Good Friday agreement for you when you are caught. You will go to jail for a long time. There will be no public outcry when you go on hunger strike because you have no support from the people of this country. You will pay for your crimes like the criminals that you are.

The vast majority of the people of Northern Ireland are content with the present system. 25% 'would like' a united Ireland - not demand, not force through military means, 'would like' a united Ireland. You cannot force your fringe minority views over the nose of the vast majority. I'd image practically every Catholic (Including myself) would like a united Ireland, but not at the expense of one drop of blood. And certainly not if the likes of you become its champions.

Wow. There are problems. Inner city Dublin has problems too. This doesn't give you an excuse to do whatever the hell you like.

You are a fascist, you do realise this? Your elitist nonsense is completely aligned with fascist political philosophy. The Irish people rejected fascism in 1998. WE WILL NEVER ACCEPT IT AGAIN.

Good luck with that.

I call them criminals and thieves because thats all they are. Its well known that dissident republicans are heavily involved in smuggling and drug dealing to fund their campaign. They also murder innocent people to make their point. The IRA was originally formed to protect the rights of catholics in the North. This mission has been completed. All thats left now are power hungry sociopaths who don't have the respect of anyone. There will be no Good Friday agreement for you when you are caught. You will go to jail for a long time. There will be no public outcry when you go on hunger strike because you have no support from the people of this country. You will pay for your crimes like the criminals that you are.

My friend you have absolutely no clue whatsoever, and quite frankly are talking through your hole

Firstly let me give you a little history leason, because I think you need one, the IRA was founded in 1919, as the official army of the of the Irish republic, Dail Eireann being the ones to do this. it was an army that was to use guerilla warfare to take the offensive against the occupying British, a departure from the tactics of the Irish volunteers and United Irishmen before them who favored open field warfare, the IRA aims were to stand by the republic declared in 1916 and to force British withdrawal through use of force, not some Northen catholic defence association you have made it out, I think your confusing the IRA with the civil rights movement of the late 60's/70's association, the IRA has existed in some capacity since 1919, it will always exist make no doubt about it, and by the way religion has no baring on republicanism, its all about national sovereignty.

Secondly the republican mission as you put it, has not been completed, far from it, partition has been copperfastened, a United Ireland is further away then ever, and repression is as bad as it was in the 60s/70s, internment is being used again, plastic bullets by the RUC militia, beatings, collusion linked killings, intimidation of communities, take a trip up the road to North or West Belfast or Derry and have a gander.

Thirdly, you may see the actions as republicans as criminal, but that would lead me to believe you are in favor of British occupation and therefore subscribe to the laws they have established in the North of our country, but republicans refuse to adknowledge British laws as they see Britains very presence in Ireland as criminal itself, so to be frank again, you can stick your 'laws' where the sun dont shine, we dont care, and we dont care for the laws in the South either, and please provide evidence before making bogus claims republicans are involved in criminality, drug dealing???, a very bold assumption to make, but going from your previous silly posts Im assuming you are talking through your hole again.

Fourthly you dont know me, so please stop alluding that you know me, for all you know, I already served time, and if I am to do so again, I will gladly serve as a Prisoner of War, fighting a just cause, but all you know is Im some anonymouse guy/girl on the internet venting an opinion.

I suggest you educate yourself abit before posting anything, just because most of those who post here may agree with you, it doesnt make your posts right, as they are grossly inaccurate.

My friend you have absolutely no clue whatsoever, and quite frankly are talking through your hole

Firstly let me give you a little history leason, because I think you need one, the IRA was founded in 1919, as the official army of the of the Irish republic, Dail Eireann being the ones to do this. it was an army that was to use guerilla warfare to take the offensive against the occupying British, a departure from the tactics of the Irish volunteers and United Irishmen before them who favored open field warfare, the IRA aims were to stand by the republic declared in 1916 and to force British withdrawal through use of force, not some Northen catholic defence association you have made it out, I think your confusing the IRA with the civil rights movement of the late 60's/70's association, the IRA has existed in some capacity since 1919, it will always exist make no doubt about it, and by the way religion has no baring on republicanism, its all about national sovereignty.

Yes, and this was revoked in the 1922 General election and further consolidated in the 1923 General election. The declaration of the Irish Republic is not set in stone, it is reliant on the wishes of the Irish people. The Irish Republic exists within the people. The people have long ago kindly asked your kind to butt out and allow civilisation to progress without you. You are a dinosour, you have no respect for the rights of individuals to decide their own destiny, you are a fascist who believes that his tiny unrepresentative ideology is the only legitimate idea that can shape the nation. Your kind of political thinking may not have been unusual when the Republicans opposed the Treaty settlement in 1922 - but history has moved on since then. Fascism is no longer acceptable in Ireland or anywhere else in the world.

Kindly, bugger off.

Secondly the republican mission as you put it, has not been completed, far from it, partition has been copperfastened, a United Ireland is further away then ever, and repression is as bad as it was in the 60s/70s, internment is being used again, plastic bullets by the RUC militia, beatings, collusion linked killings, intimidation of communities, take a trip up the road to North or West Belfast or Derry and have a gander.

Thirdly, you may see the actions as republicans as criminal, but that would lead me to believe you are in favor of British occupation and therefore subscribe to the laws they have established in the North of our country, but republicans refuse to adknowledge British laws as they see Britains very presence in Ireland as criminal itself, so to be frank again, you can stick your 'laws' where the sun dont shine, we dont care, and we dont care for the laws in the South either, and please provide evidence before making bogus claims republicans are involved in criminality, drug dealing???, a very bold assumption to make, but going from your previous silly posts Im assuming you are talking through your hole again.

Fourthly you dont know me, so please stop alluding that you know me, for all you know, I already served time, and if I am to do so again, I will gladly serve as a Prisoner of War, fighting a just cause, but all you know is Im some anonymouse guy/girl on the internet venting an opinion.

I suggest you educate yourself abit before posting anything, just because most of those who post here may agree with you, it doesnt make your posts right, as they are grossly inaccurate.

The IRA you speak of from 1919 is gone. The fight against opression is over. Republicans in the North now have a political voice. This is what the IRA was supposed to give them.

You seem to think that the IRA only operate in British lands. If you think that you are living in the clouds. The IRA regularly break laws in the Republic. In fact, it is one of the reasons they have lost their support.

You are right. I don't know you and I wouldn't want to. But if you want to come on here to spout your propoganda you may be sure I won't be the only one who disagrees with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

repression is as bad as it was in the 60s/70s, internment is being used again, plastic bullets by the RUC militia, beatings, collusion linked killings, intimidation of communities, take a trip up the road to North or West Belfast or Derry and have a gander.

we dont care, and we dont care for the laws in the South either, and please provide evidence before making bogus claims republicans are involved in criminality, drug dealing???,

I already served time, and if I am to do so again, I will gladly serve as a Prisoner of War, fighting a just cause, but all you know is Im some anonymouse guy/girl on the internet venting an opinion.
    Sorry buddy but I grew up in south Armagh and go back home every couple of weeks. Pretty much every thing you have said is bull****.

im pretty sure i didnt see any plastic bullets being fired, catholics being dragged off to long kesh or intimidation of anyone. what i did see is the majority of people grateful that they are living a semi-normal life. I was in belfast a couple of weeks ago as i have friends up there and things seemed pretty normal to me.

I hope you are not referring to "WE" as anyone from the north because 99.9% of people do not share your small minded view. i find it disgusting actually.....

are you trying to sound hard by stating you served time??? i have relatives who were on the blanket protests who dont agree with your stupid mindless tactics to incite violence.

NO-ONE wants to go back to the crap you gob****es are starting again. so do yourselves a favour and f*ck off and blow each other up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

You're like a seedy, thuggish Wolfie Smith.

• Advertisement

murf313 wrote: »
    Sorry buddy but I grew up in south Armagh and go back home every couple of weeks. Pretty much every thing you have said is bull****.

im pretty sure i didnt see any plastic bullets being fired, catholics being dragged off to long kesh or intimidation of anyone. what i did see is the majority of people grateful that they are living a semi-normal life. I was in belfast a couple of weeks ago as i have friends up there and things seemed pretty normal to me.

I hope you are not referring to "WE" as anyone from the north because 99.9% of people do not share your small minded view. i find it disgusting actually.....

are you trying to sound hard by stating you served time??? i have relatives who were on the blanket protests who dont agree with your stupid mindless tactics to incite violence.

NO-ONE wants to go back to the crap you gob****es are starting again. so do yourselves a favour and f*ck off and blow each other up!

No you wouldnt see such behavior from the security services in South Armagh because they have minimal presence in the area and other rural nationalist dominated areas, and are unable to operate, the communities such as those in South Armagh refuse to accept the RUC/PSNI as their police force and the are Brit Army is obviously not welcome, its actually too dangerous for them, it is a credit to people of S Armagh that they have the Brits too terrified to do their dirty business in the area.

No you wouldnt see such behavior from the security services in South Armagh because they have minimal presence in the area and other rural nationalist dominated areas, and are unable to operate, the communities such as those in South Armagh refuse to accept the RUC/PSNI as their police force and the are Brit Army is obviously not welcome, its actually too dangerous for them, it is a credit to people of S Armagh that they have the Brits too terrified to do their dirty business in the area.

Do you chose to overlook facts that don't suit your fascist impulses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

The people on this island voted in referenda in 1998 for a solution. What we have now is a solution that the MAJORITY the people on this island democratically voted in support for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

No you wouldnt see such behavior from the security services in South Armagh because they have minimal presence in the area and other rural nationalist dominated areas, and are unable to operate, the communities such as those in South Armagh refuse to accept the RUC/PSNI as their police force and the are Brit Army is obviously not welcome, its actually too dangerous for them, it is a credit to people of S Armagh that they have theBrits too terrified to do their dirty business in the area.
    Policing is always "dirty business" for people who don't want peace.

Live and let live instead of wasting your life fighting a war nobody wants nor needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

McNulty32 wrote:

That certainly seems to have stirred the pot a little. You're new, so you may have a first warning - your post is both personal and aggressive, and neither of those are acceptable. If you want to post in these forums, be aware that sticking with that attitude will lead to a ban sooner rather than later.

Those who have responded in kind - please don't do so. If there's an issue with a post or poster, please use the report facility rather than responding to aggression with aggression. Vigilantism doesn't lead anywhere productive.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

what decade are you talking about??? there are no soldiers patroling the streets or roads anymore.
    anytime i see the psni they are driving marked cars and there isnt any hostility towards them.
    your living in the past dude.....

tell me this, if the psni are so evil and manned by protestants that intimidate catholics, why are the r/cira so dead set against catholics joining the force???
    would it not make sense to have a 50/50 force that would treat everyone the same???

murf313 wrote: »
    what decade are you talking about??? there are no soldiers patroling the streets or roads anymore.
    anytime i see the psni they are driving marked cars and there isnt any hostility towards them.
    your living in the past dude.....

tell me this, if the psni are so evil and manned by protestants that intimidate catholics, why are the r/cira so dead set against catholics joining the force???
    would it not make sense to have a 50/50 force that would treat everyone the same???

I can almost guarantee you that he's from somewhere in Carlow, grew up in an impecabbly middle class family, and trolls internet forums with fake Republicanism to cause a stir.

I can almost guarantee you that he's from somewhere in Carlow, grew up in an impecabbly middle class family, and trolls internet forums with fake Republicanism to cause a stir.

Thats me alright, except your wrong on all counts, but what will proving myself have to offer, Im the same as anyone who posts here, Im merely giving an opinion, from Antrim by the way and proud of it.

Thats me alright, except your wrong on all counts, but what will proving myself have to offer, Im the same as anyone who posts here, Im merely giving an opinion, from Antrim by the way and proud of it.

I'm sorry. I only assume you're a troll because you sound an awful lot like one. And also because you ignore any criticism of your politics, which sounds quite a lot like an idiot who puts his hands over his ears and screams 'REPUBLIC!!! WE NEED A REPUBLIC!!! FREE STATERS CAN FÚCK OFF!!!'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

What does the Real IRA think its going to achieve that the Provisional IRA did not achieve in its 30 year campaign?

The Good Friday Agreement is the best deal republicans can get. They must learn to compromise and adapt to the current political climate. This is not 1916.

Advertisement