Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motorolo Moto E 4g - 59 euro in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did Tesco sell the white one at all or were they all black?

How are people getting on with it anyway thinking of getting one for the auld lad...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Just buying one now in bettystown. ..2 left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Does anybody know if any of the Limerick stores have any left?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Just buying one now in bettystown. ..2 left

Scratch that. ..didn't get one. Any in drogheda?

They still have them in Bray as of last night but most of the staff will tell you they dont, insist someone goes into the office and checks the safe, thats where they are, no mention of it in the phones section, no clue at customer service. 2nd Gen 4G Black for €59.99. None in Greystones, not getting them back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

philroche wrote: »
    Cyanogenmod 12.1 nightlies released for this device last week androidpolice.com/2015/10/20/cyanogenmod-nightly-builds-arrive-for-the-4g-lte-moto-e-2015-surnia/ (sorry can't post links yet) this is great news as it means theres a good chance it will get an Android Marshmallow update too.

Tried rooting mine. Couldn't unlock the bootloader from moto development website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Does anybody know if any of the Limerick stores have any left?

Checked the crescent, coonagh, Arthur's quay and roxboro today, not a single moto e in stock in Limerick at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Checked the crescent, coonagh, Arthur's quay and roxboro today, not a single moto e in stock in Limerick at all!

It would be hard to purchase them from the safe if that's where the Motos are being kept!

Any decent ROM worth unlocking this for? Seems to be pretty stock from what I can see apart from the MOTO apps which you need for notificatios etc, no sign of them using any battery anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I take it they are 2nd gen?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Yeah checked last time on offer too no stock at all and the staff seemef clueless

It would be hard to purchase them from the safe if that's where the Motos are being kept!

I'm sure tesco staff are intelligent enough to open a safe these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Amik

Went over to Tesco during lunch in time to see an employee adding sales tags. Picked up a Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite phone for 59.99 EUR. 5 left at the Galway Shopping Centre store.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/phones/displayPhone.aspx?p=282

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You forgot about the Corbally store? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Picked up a 1st gen moto e for 49 . Very happy with it. Seems like a better phone that the Trend lite.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Trend-Lite,Motorola-Moto-E/phones/8414,8654

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Picked up a 1st gen moto e for 49 . Very happy with it. Seems like a better phone that the Trend lite.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Trend-Lite,Motorola-Moto-E/phones/8414,8654

you sure its a first gen?

I got a case for what i thought was a 1st gen on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OGBCUGG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

and too small by 5mm all round.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You forgot about the Corbally store? :D

That's only a Tesco express, I wouldnt be expecting to find phones there

From Tesco? I'd say you got a 2nd gen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

From Tesco? I'd say you got a 2nd gen

Is 2nd gen not better than 1st:confused:

Yes, and it tells you on the box. Look at the computer printed label stuck on the side with multiple barcodes on it, it says XT1524 MOTO E (2ND GEN) WITH 4G LTE.

• Advertisement

No. First gen. Tesco metro Naas has them. Not 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 senkis

Anywhere in Clare or Limerick ? Is it 1st or 2nd edition, 2nd has way better cpu (qualcomm 200 vs qualcomm 410) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

senkis wrote: »
    Anywhere in Clare or Limerick ? Is it 1st or 2nd edition, 2nd has way better cpu (qualcomm 200 vs qualcomm 410) ?

1st Gen 3G is qualcomm 200 GPU Adreno 302
    2nd Gen 3G is qualcomm 200 GPU Adreno 302
    2nd Gen LTE\4G is qualcomm 410 GPU Adreno 306

But I think all the ones in Ireland are 4G\LTE

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_e_(2nd_gen)-6986.php

one thing that is getting on my nerves . Internal memory has become an issue on the first week.

I only have a few apps such as maps, facebook and twitter. So much bloatware maybe....

The new lollipop software upgrade has really decimated the memory I think.

Apps2SD maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

When I was looking at it, there seemed to be a lot of Google Apps/Services bloat. I disabled the ones I won't be using and installed their updates. I don't like the way Android, is very fragmented about moving apps to SD card depending on OEM and Android version.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

So what's the deal with getting Tesco mobile phones unlocked without paying the minimum credit spend/waiting that time period?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tweej wrote: »
    So what's the deal with getting Tesco mobile phones unlocked without paying the minimum credit spend/waiting that time period?

Find an unlock code on ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Tweej wrote: »

I can't speak for other brands like Samsung, Alcatel etc., that Tesco also stock, but in the case of the Moto E, the phone won't come out of the box locked to Tesco.
    The phone will lock to the first SIM card it finds regardless of the network.
    To try and offset this, Tesco supply the phone with their SIM already installed in the phone. (It takes a micro SIM.) The only thing you have to do is remove the Tesco SIM from the phone before turning it on for the first time and replace it with your own SIM.

If you thereafter wish to completely unlock the phone, so that you can swap SIMs about as you like, it is less than €3 on eBay to get an unlock code.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Seen Nokia lumia 630 reduced down to €79.99 in Tesco today. Decent handset if you like lumia

Advertisement