Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorolo Moto E 4g - 59 euro in Tesco

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Yeah checked last time on offer too no stock at all and the staff seemef clueless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,663 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It would be hard to purchase them from the safe if that's where the Motos are being kept!

I'm sure tesco staff are intelligent enough to open a safe these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Went over to Tesco during lunch in time to see an employee adding sales tags. Picked up a Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite phone for 59.99 EUR. 5 left at the Galway Shopping Centre store.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/phones/displayPhone.aspx?p=282

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Checked the crescent, coonagh, Arthur's quay and roxboro today, not a single moto e in stock in Limerick at all!

You forgot about the Corbally store? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Picked up a 1st gen moto e for 49 . Very happy with it. Seems like a better phone that the Trend lite.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Trend-Lite,Motorola-Moto-E/phones/8414,8654

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Picked up a 1st gen moto e for 49 . Very happy with it. Seems like a better phone that the Trend lite.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Trend-Lite,Motorola-Moto-E/phones/8414,8654

you sure its a first gen?

I got a case for what i thought was a 1st gen on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OGBCUGG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

and too small by 5mm all round.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You forgot about the Corbally store? :D

That's only a Tesco express, I wouldnt be expecting to find phones there

From Tesco? I'd say you got a 2nd gen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

From Tesco? I'd say you got a 2nd gen

Is 2nd gen not better than 1st:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yes, and it tells you on the box. Look at the computer printed label stuck on the side with multiple barcodes on it, it says XT1524 MOTO E (2ND GEN) WITH 4G LTE.

• Advertisement

No. First gen. Tesco metro Naas has them. Not 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 senkis

Anywhere in Clare or Limerick ? Is it 1st or 2nd edition, 2nd has way better cpu (qualcomm 200 vs qualcomm 410) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

senkis wrote: »
    Anywhere in Clare or Limerick ? Is it 1st or 2nd edition, 2nd has way better cpu (qualcomm 200 vs qualcomm 410) ?

1st Gen 3G is qualcomm 200 GPU Adreno 302
    2nd Gen 3G is qualcomm 200 GPU Adreno 302
    2nd Gen LTE\4G is qualcomm 410 GPU Adreno 306

But I think all the ones in Ireland are 4G\LTE

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_e_(2nd_gen)-6986.php

one thing that is getting on my nerves . Internal memory has become an issue on the first week.

I only have a few apps such as maps, facebook and twitter. So much bloatware maybe....

The new lollipop software upgrade has really decimated the memory I think.

Apps2SD maybe?

When I was looking at it, there seemed to be a lot of Google Apps/Services bloat. I disabled the ones I won't be using and installed their updates. I don't like the way Android, is very fragmented about moving apps to SD card depending on OEM and Android version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

So what's the deal with getting Tesco mobile phones unlocked without paying the minimum credit spend/waiting that time period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tweej wrote: »
    So what's the deal with getting Tesco mobile phones unlocked without paying the minimum credit spend/waiting that time period?

Find an unlock code on ebay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Tweej wrote: »

I can't speak for other brands like Samsung, Alcatel etc., that Tesco also stock, but in the case of the Moto E, the phone won't come out of the box locked to Tesco.
    The phone will lock to the first SIM card it finds regardless of the network.
    To try and offset this, Tesco supply the phone with their SIM already installed in the phone. (It takes a micro SIM.) The only thing you have to do is remove the Tesco SIM from the phone before turning it on for the first time and replace it with your own SIM.

If you thereafter wish to completely unlock the phone, so that you can swap SIMs about as you like, it is less than €3 on eBay to get an unlock code.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Seen Nokia lumia 630 reduced down to €79.99 in Tesco today. Decent handset if you like lumia

Seems to be a great little phone from what I can see, bargain of the year if you got if for €45 imo. Stock Android, fast, okay screen, loud, crystal clear calls, good loudspeaker, very responsive typing texts etc and a great battery. My Oneplus isnt going to lose any sleep over it but if your parents or someone is hassling you for a smartphone this is a good choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Anyone know if these are still available in any Dublin area Tesco?

Probably a few in Bray left seeing as they seem to be so against checking the safe for them but I couldn't say for sure...

Thats the big Tesco up on the Vevay road not the Express down at the DART station...

I was told its the small tesco's that still have them. The stores that only sell a few pay as you go phones behind customer service.

After a few weeks with the first gen one. I will advise you to avoid. Internal memory is terrible. A few apps is your limit. Most will not move to SD.

Maybe the second gen is better.

... After a few weeks with the first gen one. I will advise you to avoid. Internal memory is terrible. A few apps is your limit. Most will not move to SD. Maybe the second gen is better.

The 1st gen had 4GB internal storage. The 2nd has 8Gb. Most smartphones have 8GB+ for that reason. 4GB has always been too small.

Which apps move to SD varies between apps, and version of Android and different manufacturers. I would avoid apps that won't install to the SD unless they need to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone know if there is Stock in Cork?

Also,
    What is the 2nd gen Moto E's performance like on Lollipop?

Lollipop absolutely crippled my Moto G 1st gen so wondering if the Moto E suffers from the same problem.

Thanks. :)

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is Stock in Cork?

Also,
    What is the 2nd gen Moto E's performance like on Lollipop?

Lollipop absolutely crippled my Moto G 1st gen so wondering if the Moto E suffers from the same problem.

Thanks. :)
    Very slick from what I can see, didn't Antutu it but I spent Monday night setting it up for my mother and didn't have a single stutter. Plays Candy Crush saga with zero slowdown if thats any good to you.

Seems quite fast to me.

Seen Nokia lumia 630 reduced down to €79.99 in Tesco today. Decent handset if you like lumia

Its a nice handset but €80 is only slightly reduced and its expensive to unlock. Also its a 512mb RAM handset and that will disadvantage for WP10. I'm tempted to replace my 520. The camera on the 520 is not half bad. The 630 is slightly better. The one on the MotoE2 is brutal. If the 630 was a bit cheaper I'd get one.

Has anyone who bought this got it to display notifications when the phone is in standby? Theres supposed to be a Moto Display thing that flashes the screen every few seconds if you have a missed call or notification but my fathers one doesnt do anything, you have to pick up the phone and look at it to check...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought this got it to display notifications when the phone is in standby? Theres supposed to be a Moto Display thing that flashes the screen every few seconds if you have a missed call or notification but my fathers one doesnt do anything, you have to pick up the phone and look at it to check...

The mother has one and it seems the same as you described. i.e. Moto display only lights up when phone is picked up.
    My Moto X blinks on/off alright when it has notifications, or if you wave your hand near it, or if you pick it up. I've always just assumed that the pick up only method was how the Moto E 4g handles it, since it has no AMOLED screen or sensors.

Thats strange because I asked on XDA and nobody knew what I was talking about, Moto Display lights up part of the screen every now and then for them, its like the US ones behave differently to the European one. Pain in the ass but good phone otherwise.

I noticed the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Are these still available and are they definitely 2nd Gen with LTE??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thargor wrote: »

I have the newer version of this phone and the option for that is under setting> sound and notification> pluse notification light.

Jet Black wrote: »
    I have the newer version of this phone and the option for that is under setting> sound and notification> pluse notification light.
    Thanks Ill check at the weekend, never saw your post sorry...

This page suggests Marshmallow is on the way, anyone know anything about that?:

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1994#gs=eyJndWlkZUlEIjoxOTk0LCJxdWVzdGlvbklEIjoxMSwicmVzcG9uc2VJRCI6NzksImd1aWRlU2Vzc2lvbiI6IlM2a1VTdkdtIiwic2Vzc2lvbklEIjoiUzY0VVN2R20ifQ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Does anyone know how this would compare to a Samsung S3 Mini?

gline wrote: »
    Does anyone know how this would compare to a Samsung S3 Mini?

Moto E LTE has slightly bigger screen, newer version of Android, much worse camera. Gorilla Glass 3, 4G. Not not a huge difference.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6986&idPhone2=6190

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Mad_Mike wrote: »

Thanks. It doesnt look like much of an upgrade from an s3 mini. Still a good deal at €59 though.

• Advertisement

This offer is long gone. Cheapest now seems to 99

Advertisement