Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training

Options
  • 13-10-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

So I got offered a place and they sent me a small list of things to bring. Im just wondering if anyone has other suggestions of what i should bring, maybe 4 or 5 things that i might find useful. I saw a thread for something like this but between lads arguing and disagreeing with each other i still wasn't sure what i needed. Also what brand of watches would be the most recommended to get ? Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Watches are the least of your worries. Just get a tough one. Have a look on IMO for info on what to bring with you.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spark23

A cheap small simple casio watch from argos for about 18 euro is good enough dont go spending money on some big "military spec" watch

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jimbob92345

Oh i know their the least of my problems but i was just wondering . suppose thats true . I can worry about a proper one if i make it through the training haha. Thanks lads !

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spark23

A leatherman multi tool will come in handy after awhile also, enjoy it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

spark23 wrote: »
    A leatherman multi tool will come in handy after awhile also, enjoy it!

It'll get robbed.. In fact don't bring anything of value.

OP my suggestion would be to ask Benweaver (posts in this form).

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Put up what you're bringing and people can work from there with what to recommend.

Just get any old banger of a watch for training, once you pass out you can treat yourself to a G Shock or Suunto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Don't tolerate thieving. You find anyone nicking your stuff, deck him and stop the rot at once. Bring padlocks because thieving will happen but it tends to happen early and should die out. If not, bring the problem to your superior's attention. Thieving is corrosive to unit morale and has to be nipped in the bud early.

regards
    Stovepipe

Advertisement