Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ronan.h and jeju are gone. I'm favourite to fill the final spot, though Iago is close as well. Off chance dathijjj could get sucked in too.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ronan.h and jeju are gone. I'm favourite to fill the final spot, though Iago is close as well. Off chance dathijjj could get sucked in too.

Third person could get a reprieve yet. There's at least one person in the PL that won't be taking up their place next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

zarquon wrote: »
    One more win needed for the title. 7 wins in a row currently. Last time i was beaten was by you!
    Yeah. I tried my best. Since GW15 included I'm on 17 wins 5 losses (and 12W 5L on the return legs). I also beat both you and Swiper in the process. But I think I started from too far away and well fair play to both of you to hold your positions :)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Crucial win against already relegated Jeju to take me up to 47.

Excluding Lemlin because of his points difference there are still four of us that could mathematically go down.

I need to win one of my last two to be safe.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Third person could get a reprieve yet. There's at least one person in the PL that won't be taking up their place next season.

I reckon I'd need a 2nd person to drop out to get away with it, most of the people vying for 4th in the championship have a better points total than me. Would rather survive on merit anyway :D

Crucial win against already relegated Jeju to take me up to 47.

Excluding Lemlin because of his points difference there are still four of us that could mathematically go down.

I need to win one of my last two to be safe.

I knew that hammering of Swiper earlier in the season would help in the long run ;)

Leading Thunderdog by 1 pt but his team is in a better shape for this DGW (his 2 Sunderland def could well make the difference in his favour).

One of my differential (Kane) failed. Need my second one (Hazard) to shine if I want to keep alive the hope of winning this league.

Though Game of Throw In looks like winning again (great call Schlupp over Hendo :cool:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

What a difference Mane could have made if I wasn't tempted into the DGW madness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

iroced wrote: »
    . Need my second one (Hazard) to shine if I want to keep alive the hope of winning this league.

No, you don't! A big game from Hazard will almost certainly win me the title as he's my biggest differential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No, you don't! A big game from Hazard will almost certainly win me the title as he's my biggest differential

Brilliant, and if anyone understands the meaning of touché it's our resident French teacher:pac:

I'm no longer in contention anyway, it's been a blast.:(

Ah right... So Hazard can shine (a bit - yeah because my main goal this year is my OR -) if Terry and Bellerin both get a goal and Ivanovic gets sent off (or at least a YC and no CS). That should combine well enough to give me the 3 pts and deny them to you :p.

But in fairness the one who bets on these odds would be millionaire if it actually happens :pac:...
    Brilliant, and if anyone understands the meaning of touché it's our resident French teacher:pac:

Ahah :). Touché indeed. But not yet coulé :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I wouldn't write your chances off this week just yet!

FHFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't write your chances off this week just yet!

If Hazard wasn't to play any part I'd have a very slim chance of catching you but even then you'd have 5 from Huth. Failing that a couple of goals from Santi with nothing for Ramsey gives me a shot but to be honest Santi is probably favourite for the "rest" on Wednesday,
    Possibly a goal and clean sheet for Ivan also, I've a very tiny chance but it's very unlikely.
    Zarquon looks likely to wrap this up but his tie isn't dusted by any means.

I think the odds are with him to be fair, dropping Mane for Larsson seems a big mistake in hindsight.

With Good Willian Hunting taking advantage of what seems to be an unchanged team from Erzgebirge Scrooge I would appear to be the odds on favourite for the final relegation spot :(

Not mathematically over obviously, but I'm feeling a bit like Steve Bruce at the moment :D

Looks like I've lost to CSF this week. He's 3 points ahead with extra DGW players to go.

• Advertisement

Think I'm gonna stop at 8 wins in a row :o...

2 pts lead. My Bellerin vs Thunderdog's Panti + Giroud. I will need quite some situations going my way to win this one.

In the meantime, situations will have to be really unfavourable to zarquon to deny him the win he requires to put his hands on the trophy.

I'm not gonna say fair play just now in a circumstantially childish attempt to try and use reverse psychology but credits will be given when your triumph will be official ;).

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looks like I've lost to CSF this week. He's 3 points ahead with extra DGW players to go.

Myhill's unlikely seven has turned this tie right on its head. I now lead 46-41 so CSF needs 5 from Panti for a draw or more for the win.

5 points behind RoryC with my Bellerin and Larsson against his PVA, Cazorla and Giroud.

Will be looking for other results to go my way.

Think I'm gonna stop at 8 wins in a row :o...

2 pts lead. My Bellerin vs Thunderdog's Panti + Giroud. I will need quite some situations going my way to win this one.

In the meantime, situations will have to be really unfavourable to zarquon to deny him the win he requires to put his hands on the trophy.

I'm not gonna say fair play just now in a circumstantially childish attempt to try and use reverse psychology but credits will be given when your triumph will be official ;).

It almost went my way. Will keep my invincibility with a draw. My first this season.

And like I promised, congratulations to you zarquon :cool:. That some run you had to drive Swiper out of a top spot that looked promised to him for a while and to deny me the glory after my great come back. Not great enough to catch you. Fair play again. I let the last word to Clint ;)

If Hazard wasn't to play any part I'd have a very slim chance of catching you but even then you'd have 5 from Huth. Failing that a couple of goals from Santi with nothing for Ramsey gives me a shot but to be honest Santi is probably favourite for the "rest" on Wednesday,
    Possibly a goal and clean sheet for Ivan also, I've a very tiny chance but it's very unlikely.
    Zarquon looks likely to wrap this up but his tie isn't dusted by any means.

Nice to finish with a big scalp and have a say in the destination of the title! :)

• Advertisement

It'd have changed nothing but just realised I drew despite getting the highest GW score of the league.

Well done to Zarquon, the first champion in what will hopefully be a long running competition. I had a huge lead at one time but never felt overly confident as I was sure that my low team value would count against me at the business end, still a bit of a disappointment as I would have loved this title more than any others I was challenging for.
    Anyway I'll be gunning for second place so will need g'wan the Deise to do me a favour at the weekend, well done and thanks to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

It'd have changed nothing but just realised I drew despite getting the highest GW score of the league.

Joint highest ;)

Congratulations Zarquon!

Need to win my last game now to be mathematically safe.

Zarquon, you should change your sig to make reference to your achievement, perhaps a mod can arrange some sort of star or trophy next to your name or similar. I know that I was planning something along those lines when I looked to be in the driving seat.
    Guaranteed respect:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well done to Zarquon, the first champion in what will hopefully be a long running competition. I had a huge lead at one time but never felt overly confident as I was sure that my low team value would count against me at the business end, still a bit of a disappointment as I would have loved this title more than any others I was challenging for.
    Anyway I'll be gunning for second place so will need g'wan the Deise to do me a favour at the weekend, well done and thanks to all.

I'm surprised you would class winning this over for example the boards pay league. Give me money and a high ranking over a h2h league with no money all day long. Having said that well done zarquon on winning this nice to be the FSA forums undisputed h2h top dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm surprised you would class winning this over for example the boards pay league. Give me money and a high ranking over a h2h league with no money all day long. Having said that well done zarquon on winning this nice to be the FSA forums undisputed h2h top dog.

Winning this is better than a number 1 ranking. This is the pinnacle, the big Daddy, where dreams are made, and careers lost.

AND ITS LIIIIVE

Overall rank is the bee all and end all, that's my first priority always.
    I'm not that bothered by my other leagues, I don't have thousands on the line, if I did I'd be more concerned.
    Call me a romantic fool but I would have loved to win this league it's given me more enjoyment than the other leagues throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Overall rank is the bee all and end all, that's my first priority always.
    I'm not that bothered by my other leagues, I don't have thousands on the line, if I did I'd be more concerned.
    Call me a romantic fool but I would have loved to win this league it's given me more enjoyment than the other leagues throughout the season.

Call me a romantic fool, but i would have loved money :). This is a nice consolation though despite just falling outside the money places in the pay H2H.

Still, looking forward to that €20 of diesel - well worth a year of strategic planning :)

FSA Premier League and League cup double. Happy with that in my first full FSA season. Well done to all for maintaining a very high standard this season and to CSF for organising the leagues which certainly add to the enjoyment of the game for all of us here.

• Advertisement

Call me a romantic fool, but i would have loved money :). This is a nice consolation though despite just falling outside the money places in the pay H2H.

Still, looking forward to that €20 of diesel - well worth a year of strategic planning :)

FSA Premier League and League cup double. Happy with that in my first full FSA season. Well done to all for maintaining a very high standard this season and to CSF for organising the leagues which certainly add to the enjoyment of the game for all of us here.

Thanks man. I'm away for the last home game of the season this weekend but after that I'll give you a shout about getting prize sorted.

Still a relegation place to play for tomorrow so at least the last days not a complete dead rubber!!!

My last game is against iroced.

I need one point to survive.

His record in his last nine games is eight wins and one draw.

Luckily he has told me he is open to bribery to throw the last game and I can now give him what he asked for ....

A sack full of fish and red apples!

What? You did say you wanted lots of hake and cookers, didn't you?:confused:

Big day down the bottom tomorrow, best of luck Iago, Dathijjj and Sooner or Later. May the best men stay up.

Last day of the season is usually a bit mad, especially with so little on the line this year, so hard to predict how things will go.

Playing Mignolet instead of Heaton has relegated me...who'd have thunk it :(

1 point behind in my game, bps will decide a lot there.

Not looking good for Iago regardless however.

8 wins. 1 draw... And a defeat to conclude. Fair play to Sooner or Later (I'm awaiting for the smelly cheese and frog legs :p). Swiper won so he's gonna claim second spot. It's disappointing to lose a place on the final GW but overall I'm delighted to make a podium finish out of this tough, tough league.

And I think I'm gonna end with the 8th best overall score so I actually overperformed :D.

Looks like I got my win over iroced

Live to fight another year

Safety confirmed, even though I lost the final game. Only bright spot in a terrible season.

Commiserations Iago, was a tough battle down the bottom. Good luck with your promotion push next season.

8 wins. 1 draw... And a defeat to conclude. Fair play to Sooner or Later (I'm awaiting for the smelly cheese and frog legs :p). Swiper won so he's gonna claim second spot. It's disappointing to lose a place on the final GW but overall I'm delighted to make a podium finish out of this tough, tough league.

And I think I'm gonna end with the 8th best overall score so I actually overperformed :D.

Happy to get the 2nd place but disappointed not to be gloating here now.:pac:

This was a very enjoyable league, thanks to all players and organisers, particularly the ones who contributed to this thread, it felt lonely for a while when I was running away with it and seemed to be the only one contributing to the "discussion":P

Off to find some suitably disparaging insults about Frenchmen that can't be disproven for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2nd highest score this week but of course Im playing CSF who has the highest score. That loss sees me finish 11th despite having the 3rd highest overall score.

Safety confirmed, even though I lost the final game. Only bright spot in a terrible season.

Commiserations Iago, was a tough battle down the bottom. Good luck with your promotion push next season.

It's going to be damn tough that's for sure. A season of too many mistakes and missed opportunities.

This last GW epitomized it with playing Mig over Heaton and selling Kane for Cisse. On paper two reasonable decisions, but neither worked out. Had I just done one or the other I would have gotten away with it and avoided relegation, but the league table doesn't lie.

I'll have a better year next year, whether it'll be enough or not remains to be seen :D

A win over the champ Zarquon today sees me finish 12th. That'll do. Was looking risky a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

A win should see me finishing 6th. Very much over achieving given I have the 15th highest score in the league

I must admit, given the average season I had, this league kept my interest going as i wanted to stay in it for next season!

13th for me. Not entirely unhappy with that given the calibre of player in this league.

Congrats to the lads who stayed up and commiserations to Iago. Awful to lose out on one decision but hopefully you can bounce back at the first attempt.

Hope everyone sticks around for next year's league. I've enjoyed this thread.

Dammit,the final day defeat to Roryc sees lemlin and CSF leapfrog me and leaves me 14th overall. See you all net year.

• Advertisement

So, after an eventful first year, the following 20 people have qualified for the FSA Premier League 15/16

Zarquon
    Swiper The Fox
    Iroced
    Roryc
    GillespieRoad
    Thunderdog
    Boots234
    Donal
    Irish Son
    Dearg81
    Iused2likebusts
    Lemlin
    CSF
    FHFC
    Sooner Or Later
    Daithijjj
    ScienceNerd
    Bo-sco
    Skippy15
    Tom_K

The order of next in line:
    KevIRL
    Iago
    Who 8 Paul?
    Ronanh
    Local Chap
    Jeju

The same process will follow as last year in terms of signup. I'll send you a PM in the few days after the website goes up for the new season and you'll have until midnight July 31st to signup. August 1st-8th will be spent filling up any attrition so no late applications will be entertained.

Last year, because it was the first year, I did that extra bit of admin to help people get used to it (not everyone understood their team ID etc). This year I'll have to be a bit stricter instead of spending so much time collating people's details they didn't include, or PMing people to let them know they have to signup in thread too.

To be clear everyone has to signup both in thread (including their teamname and team ID. This MUST be included) and forum. Sign up early to avoid any catastrophes on the final night of the application. I don't wanna have to be a dick an refuse people.

Obviously, this year was the acid test, so if anyone didn't really find themselves to have an interest this year and isn't bothered taking part next year or would prefer to save the spots for leagues with big prizes, can you let me know early and I can pass those places onto the next in line? Its no problem and some people were always going to take to the idea more than others.

Lastly, we had 1 or 2 prizes (due to the highly impressive work of finnharpsboy), and if anyone has any ability to arrange any this year, that would be incredibly appreciated. The only thing I'd insist on is that the size of each league's prizepool is proportionate to the hierarchy of the league. Ie. The prizepool for the Premier League has to be higher than the Championship, and so on and so on, because otherwise the hierarchy doesn't work then and its just 4 random leagues.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll post further updates if I suddenly realise at 4 in the morning that I forgot something super important, any feedback is as always more than welcome,

CSF

Stellar work once again CSF. Looking forward to next year, and maybe a slightly better finish :D

I was bored and decided to put together a table of how things would have panned out if we had done a normal league, instead of H2H. The below table is the league sorted by total points

38b597451022798ee290929914d62c2e.png

So the big winners of the H2H system were:

Zarquon: would have finished 7th instead of 1st had we done a standard league
    GillespieRoad & Thunderdog: would have placed 9 positions lower
    Myself: would have been relegated!

The big losers of the H2H system were:

Swiper: would have won the league
    Iused2likebusts & FHFC: would have finished 8 places higher in a regular league
    ronan.h: would have escaped relegation

CSF, where are the Champions League groups (for which I qualified for) that you of course must have collected with the Fantasy Football FSA-like leagues you of course have made in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, etc... :P :pac:?

CSF, where are the Champions League groups (for which I qualified for) that you of course must have collected with the Fantasy Football FSA-like leagues you of course have made in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, etc... :P :pac:?
    Who draws Champions League groups in May ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement