Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    On paper Sanchez. Sunderland will want to bounce back but can they? They've been destroyed last week and are probably still shocked. Arsenal should be fired up after their late comeback yesterday.

Hazard facing the current United defense could do big damage though.

I would forget about ADM if it's only for this game. We don't even know yet if he'll be fit for the game.

I have ADM currently but will be going with hazard and sanchez from next week. So its a case of switch adm to either hazard/sanchez this week or wait till next week and do adm and silva to hazard and sanchez. Ive been leaning towards adm to sanchez this week and silva to hazard next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sunderland have signed right back Anthony Reveillere for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have ADM currently but will be going with hazard and sanchez from next week. So its a case of switch adm to either hazard/sanchez this week or wait till next week and do adm and silva to hazard and sanchez. Ive been leaning towards adm to sanchez this week and silva to hazard next week.

I would think if you are definitely getting rid of ADM I'd probably do it now. Hazard/Silva or Sanchez/Silva for this weeks fixtures? Theres not much in it to be honest but I fancy Hazard to do damage against United.

I'm thinking of going the Hazard route too, but what are your thoughts on Walcott as Arsenal attacker from GW10? We'll hopefully see something of him this weekend.

I just dont think I'll be able to fit both, although that may be because I'm looking at shifting Siggy to Eriksen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

bezuaua wrote: »
    Considering that I'll bench Wilson against Southampton...

Moore (Away to Swansea) or Duff (Home to Everton) ?

I went for Duff but it's a very close call. Moore does like to get forward and has annoyingly got goals in the England U-21s and the league cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    On paper Sanchez. Sunderland will want to bounce back but can they? They've been destroyed last week and are probably still shocked. Arsenal should be fired up after their late comeback yesterday.

Hazard facing the current United defense could do big damage though.

I would forget about ADM if it's only for this game. We don't even know yet if he'll be fit for the game.

I disagree re Sunderland. Pre last week they had conceded seven goals in seven games, which isn't particularly bad, and had two clean sheets. I have PvA and he's atcually given a decent points return because he also got an assist in the first game.

If I was picking one of the three Busts mentions above, I'd go with Hazard. He started last season slowly and looks to be coming into form again like he did then.

FHFC wrote: »
    I would think if you are definitely getting rid of ADM I'd probably do it now. Hazard/Silva or Sanchez/Silva for this weeks fixtures? Theres not much in it to be honest but I fancy Hazard to do damage against United.

I'm thinking of going the Hazard route too, but what are your thoughts on Walcott as Arsenal attacker from GW10? We'll hopefully see something of him this weekend.

I just dont think I'll be able to fit both, although that may be because I'm looking at shifting Siggy to Eriksen.

Walcott will be straight into my team when he starts a game. I think it will be after the int break before he is good to go I can see him being eased in over the next few games. It's a shame arsenal are out of the carling cup as that would've been a good game to get a look at him.

bezuaua wrote: »
    Considering that I'll bench Wilson against Southampton...

Moore (Away to Swansea) or Duff (Home to Everton) ?

It's a close call. Have you checked clean sheet odds? I usually go by them if undecided. If I was picking one without odds, I'd probably go Duff as the home player and because Everton have Europa so may be tired.

It's an away game they have (only in France vs Lille) but there will be travelling involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I've duff and Moore on the bench, think I'll be going with duff first choice if Costa/Adm are out.

PVA up against the card magnet Chambers. I'm telling myself it'll be inspired playing him, has to be better than Bardsley anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Mannone or Krul for this gameweek?

Mannone is home to Arsenal and Krul is away to Spurs. Krul kept a clean sheet last week while Mannone let in 8 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Start Krul. Although Mannone is a good shout to be dropped this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

AdMMM wrote: »
    Start Krul. Although Mannone is a good shout to be dropped this week.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/525272625300668417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Still start Krul... Mannone will still be having nightmares!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Nice one. My 2nd goalie is a non-starter! Is this guy a reliable source?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    I disagree re Sunderland. Pre last week they had conceded seven goals in seven games, which isn't particularly bad, and had two clean sheets. I have PvA and he's atcually given a decent points return because he also got an assist in the first game.

From what I'm reading you don't seem to disagree that much :P. I'm not saying Sunderland are crap at the back (I've actually Mannone under my radar to replace Krul at some time) but I think they may still be shell shocked after their historical (?) thrashing last week and Arsenal will go into that game with the boost of yesterday late winning turnaround. So Sanchez could do damage.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    If I was picking one of the three Busts mentions above, I'd go with Hazard. He started last season slowly and looks to be coming into form again like he did then.
    Yeah as I said Hazard could be lethal to the current United defense. There might also be the factor of the possible double absence of Costa and Rémy. Will that make him play higher up the field? If so that'd make him an even better candidate for this week.

Anyway, think it's a close call between them 2 for this week.

• Advertisement

JR6 wrote: »
    Nice one. My 2nd goalie is a non-starter! Is this guy a reliable source?

Yeah he's great for injuries and team news. There's another tweet from Poyet saying the same thing. I wouldn't be too confident of Mannone as your only GK though, Foster if you have a FT? I'll be playing Heaton over Vito myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/525309473427324928

Just as well it took them a few days to decide this or he'd have ended up on -4!

Just as well it took them a few days to decide this or he'd have ended up on -4!

-2 was more than enough :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,255 ✭✭✭✭km79

-2 was more than enough :o

would tadic have lost an assist?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    would tadic have lost an assist?

Yeah I'd imagine he would have. Mane assist then I assume.

Not that we have to worry about it anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah I'd imagine he would have. Mane assist then I assume.

Not that we have to worry about it anyway.

hashtagjusticeforpeoplewhodontownTadicorVanAarholt

They changed Vargas goal to Stevie G OG as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

How did Ramsey look last night? Was a bit surprised to see him get the full 90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

should be able to change that until a new gameweek has started. don't see why they dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    should be able to change that until a new gameweek has started. don't see why they dont

Because there are rules. Makes sense to me - that GW ended and there is no need to update the scores again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Haven't had a good defensive week all year (never more than 1 CS in a week!). Optimistic that this can be the week.....

G Foster (Palace H)

D Alderweirled (Stoke H)
    D Kaboul (Newcastle H)
    D Taylor (Leicester H)

Jose on Mata.. :D

"Juan Mata is a good player. No more than that."

Jose on Luis coming in for Azpil...

"It's not easy to come and kick Azpilicueta out of the team.

"Our defenders are very young. We decided to bring a player to have a group of five.

"Felipe is playing a lot. He's in perfect condition. Very stable, experienced."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I have to pick 2 from 3 Chambers, Wanyama or Clyne, I also have Di Maria is he worth transferring out and taking a -4 hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

patmac wrote: »
    I have to pick 2 from 3 Chambers, Wanyama or Clyne, I also have Di Maria is he worth transferring out and taking a -4 hit?

I'd say no. ADM will probably play. I can see utd scoring. Chambers and Clyne for me.

• Advertisement

On another note I downloaded the Guardian's android app today. Pretty good but especially as you can 'follow' their match previews series with their (usually pretty accurate) predicted lineups so as soon as a preview is published you get a notification.

They have Schurrle starting up top for Chelsea for the record.

Almost forgot about this...
    I'd expect mata to outscore over sterling over those 3 weeks.
    tenner to the charity of the winners choice says otherwise?

This was at the start of GW7, so we are into the final week. The score currently stands at:

Sterling: 12 points
    Mata: 7 points

In the interests of fairness, i am willing to extend the bet for another 3 weeks, under the same conditions (i.e. worst score over 6 weeks pays a tenner to the charity of the winners choice).

May the best man charity win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

TotalFPL down for anyone else or just me?

Not even getting a 404, seems like a server issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

On another note I downloaded the Guardian's android app today. Pretty good but especially as you can 'follow' their match previews series with their (usually pretty accurate) predicted lineups so as soon as a preview is published you get a notification.

They have Schurrle starting up top for Chelsea for the record.

They've an excellent podcast. Football Weekly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

TotalFPL down for anyone else or just me?

Not even getting a 404, seems like a server issue!

Working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

G1032 wrote: »
    They've an excellent podcast. Football Weekly.

Best football podcast out there IMO.

This was at the start of GW7, so we are into the final week. The score currently stands at:

In the interests of fairness, i am willing to extend the bet for another 3 weeks, under the same conditions (i.e. worst score over 6 weeks pays a tenner to the charity of the winners choice).

I posted the update last week. No ill leave it as 3 weeks as I only expected mata to play with Rooney out. I reckon your charity has it in the bag now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Is he set to start tomorrow??????

Is he set to start tomorrow??????

He definitely won't be starting tomorrow

• Advertisement

I posted the update last week. No ill leave it as 3 weeks as I only expected mata to play with Rooney out. I reckon your charity has it in the bag now.

Never know what mata will do against his former club. I'd say it's far from over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Never know what mata will do against his former club. I'd say it's far from over.

Mata's goal and a blank from Sterling can change everything.

No matter who loses, the charity gets a tenner so it is a win-win situation.
    Nice of you to keep it going.

I posted the update last week.

Apologies, must have missed it. As FHFC says, it's far from over. If Sterling blanks on Saturday it'll make it interesting. If it's a draw, we both have to donate, obviously.

Apologies, must have missed it. As FHFC says, it's far from over. If Sterling blanks on Saturday it'll make it interesting. If it's a draw, we both have to donate, obviously.

I wouldn't be surprised if mata didn't start by all accounts he wasnt great on monday but ye you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

He definitely won't be starting tomorrow
    You know what I mean;).....this wkd?
    Didn't see presser but on fl site he's injury warning is gone?.....have captained him as a differential😜

I wouldn't be surprised if mata didn't start by all accounts he wasnt great on monday but ye you never know.

Some media believe its him Woodward was referring to when it appears he said "****ing waste of money".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't decide between Taylor or Wisdom to start :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You know what I mean;).....this wkd?
    Didn't see presser but on fl site he's injury warning is gone?.....have captained him as a differential😜

He will start Sunday. Fit to play according to lvg

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

How do you find the access code (xxxxxx-xxxxxxx) of a league you're already in? Do you have to be a league admin to see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Posada wrote: »
    How do you find the access code (xxxxxx-xxxxxxx) of a league you're already in? Do you have to be a league admin to see it?

As far as I know you have to be admin yeah.

Sterling 14 mata 7 hopefully he starts tomorrow to make it interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement