Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School bus driver foul language

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

OP - remember there's people on here who don't like people who complain for a load of different reasons.

Some may be in jobs like the bus driver where they also are at the blunt end of complains from the public, so they maybe defending or at least downplaying the bus drivers's actions for that reason.

Also keep in mind different perspectives; some people still think it's ok to smoke around children so they are hardly going to think the driver saying ****s this or that means much.

Hannaho wrote: »
    So, can anyone shed light on why the Priest has deemed her approach to be totally disrespectful/inappropriate etc.? Would really welcome some different perspectives.

As recent history shows, priests don't exactly have the best record following up complaints.

Jogathon wrote: »
    If it was me I'd wonder why your sister was continuing to go on with this. She won't win, but she has made her valid point. She would probably have been better off approaching the school in a friendly manner in the first place. She seems to have got everyone's back up and that is why I would be very slow to take everything you say at face value. I know, from working in schools, that if there was a genuine fear for children's safety in regards to him, then he would be out of that job so fast. I don't agree with the cursing but to report this guy to the gardai and the H.S.E. and his employers just seems like a pretty lunatic over-reaction.

Lunatic over-reaction? The driver was abusive and then would not back off when asked to. It does not sound like she was the one overacting.

"She seems to have got everyone's back up and that is why I would be very slow to take everything"

Why should we take anything you say at face value? We're taking about verbal abuse and aggressive behavior here, but it's your kind kind of view which allowed far worse abuse to fester for years.

To be honest while I think the incident shouldn't have happened, I don't think it would even count as verbal abuse.

That's the biggest load of nonsense I've read on here in some time, and that's saying something.

There's a reason your sister's not making any friends, and it's not because she's addressing the issue; it's the way she's addressing it.

Dirty old rotten Ireland is alive and well!

Advertisement