Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some cyclist giving cyclists bad name

Options
  • 05-10-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

I was driving into town yesterday and i see a cyclist who was basically been a nuisance on the road. I myself am a cyclist and obey the rules of the road and try not to annoy or get in the way of drivers, but when i seen this lad, he is the reason people hate cyclist. He was weaving in and out of traffic, and ran through several red lights. not a care in the world. There was one point where he was in the very left lane and swerved right across 2 lanes of traffic (All lanes stopped at red light) went through a red to turn right into town, where the traffic coming out of town was green so any car coming would have had to slam on if they seen him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Alright lads, who was on 'being a nuisance' duty this weekend? I know its my turn next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Why would all people hate all cyclists cos of that lad? Surely we should all be judged by our own actions and not someone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

"he is the reason people hate cyclist"

If we all concentrate, keep an eye out for this guy and get him off the road, all our problems will be solved.
    If the O.P. can give us a few details, location, time and date and description of cyclist, it shouldn't be too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

It happens no matter what you're interested in,be it cars, cycling, shooting, surfing,asylum seeking,model aircraft or whatever else, there is always at least one guy doing the dick on it, creating a misconception that everyone in the same pursuit is as big a tosser as that person. However the 99.99% of people going about whatever it is in a responsible manner get no attention paid to them, because they're not drawing attention to themselves by acting out of the ordinary.

Best just ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i hate everyone

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to add a bit of balance to this debate I would like to declare my love for lenny....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Some motorists give motorists a bad name
    Some pedestrians give pedestrians a bad name
    Some kids give kids a bad name
    Some politicians give politicians a bad name...

OP - why did you choose to pick on cyclists?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

lennymc wrote: »
    i hate everyone

You should take a moment to let God into your life. Just take that hatred and the energy you expend on it and channel it into The Lord’s work instead.

So instead of hating everyone you can focus on just hating the Jews, the gays, people of colour, and woman. And lambs. Let the bible be your guiding light, amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

me neighbour has a lamb. I live in a housing estate. I f**kin hate the noisy little b*****d.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i had the same experience this morning. One or two numpties will always be numpites. I wont brand all cyclist like that

• Advertisement

Maybe if we brand the numpties it would give us all a good name?

But there's always a numpty-brander numpty giving the rest of us numpty-branders a bad name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

... ran through several red lights....

....hes giving runners a bad name too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Can we all agree the cyclists that wear f*cking Beats Headphones are absolute ball bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I was driving into town yesterday and i see a cyclist who was basically been a nuisance on the road. I myself am a cyclist and obey the rules of the road and try not to annoy or get in the way of drivers, but when i seen this lad, he is the reason people hate cyclist. He was weaving in and out of traffic, and ran through several red lights. not a care in the world. There was one point where he was in the very left lane and swerved right across 2 lanes of traffic (All lanes stopped at red light) went through a red to turn right into town, where the traffic coming out of town was green so any car coming would have had to slam on if they seen him.

If he was weaving in and out of traffic breaking red lights all over the place how did you manage to keep up with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It's the carbon-riding ones that cause the trouble.

Aluminum Akbar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

AKW wrote: »
    If he was weaving in and out of traffic breaking red lights all over the place how did you manage to keep up with him?

the lights turned green not long after he wen through and i caught up to him.

Beasty wrote: »
    Some motorists give motorists a bad name
    Some pedestrians give pedestrians a bad name
    Some kids give kids a bad name
    Some politicians give politicians a bad name...

OP - why did you choose to pick on cyclists?

Just this guy i seen i could go on a rang for years on motorists too

godtabh wrote: »
    i had the same experience this morning. One or two numpties will always be numpites. I wont brand all cyclist like that

not all people think cyclists are numpties but a lot of people do

I'm surprised to get so many humorous comments for a Monday also :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

lennymc wrote: »
    me neighbour has a lamb...
    Mary?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Rum trip into town yesterday. Tailed by a motorist for several blocks. I tried weaving in and out of traffic, and even, against my usual practice, broke a few lights, but I couldn't shake him off. I resorted in the end to swinging across two lanes of traffic to perform a hard right against a red. Think I lost him at that stage.

Could it be the Bilderberg Group? I understand they had a similar low-speed chase pursuing Jon Ronson.

Mary?
    We know a song about that; don't we children?

Stevie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Metroboulot

Cyclists are simply people who ride bicycles. I don't think you can imply that all cyclists are the same. They're not a community, they don't share anything in common other than a bike. They're not a culture, or a political party or a religious group.

So, one cyclist does not give all cyclists a bad name.

Cyclists are simply people who ride bicycles. I don't think you can imply that all cyclists are the same. They're not a community, they don't share anything in common other than a bike. They're not a culture, or a political party or a religious group.

So, one cyclist does not give all cyclists a bad name.

Some cyclists, not all as i said. If you look through various post on boards you will see people complaining about cyclists and i now seen where they are getting their hatred from, people like the one i mentioned. I'm a cyclist myself so nothing against them but i would act like an ass on the road

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

"Life's Rich Tapestry".
    Can't live without it! 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

It's always interesting when a motorist scoffs at a renegade cyclist for breaking a few reds and generally not giving a s**t, but when faced with a motorist or pedestrian doing the same thing....the reaction is always more muted. Why is that?

Why do some motorists take it upon themselves to ' teach cyclists a lesson ' ( such as when to take the cycle path ) but are never inclined to be so generous with their superior wisdom when it comes to other road users ?

Any idea, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

cjt156 wrote: »
    We know a song about that; don't we children?

Stevie!!!

See your Mary and raise you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

We need an "I saw someone do something stupid on a bike today and it annoyed me a bit..." megathread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

which town?

Advertisement