Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Everyone is getting injured.....

Awaiting the Aguero post any moment now......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Everyone is getting injured.....

Awaiting the Aguero post any moment now......

I wish people would stop mentioning "Aguero" and the word "injury".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wish people would stop mentioning "Aguero" and the word "injury".

Its only a matter of time and I have him so I'd prefer if he stayed fit for a decent period of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

• Advertisement

Most people have Elliott as sub if they had Krul. I plan to pull him out this week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Most people have Elliott as sub if they had Krul. I plan to pull him out this week anyway.

Krul has 17.8% ownership, Elliot has 3.2%. Something not adding up there Lemlin....

That aside, it makes Elliot worthy of consideration for any wildcarders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Would have thought most had Krul as part of a rotation policy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A fair few of us on here went krul elliot for 8.5 at the start

KevIRL wrote: »
    Krul has 17.8% ownership, Elliot has 3.2%. Something not adding up there Lemlin....

That aside, it makes Elliot worthy of consideration for any wildcarders

Looks like the board here isn't indicative of the norm. I thought a number of us had gone Krul/Elliott.

I did but plan to go to Forster this week anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Welbecks picked up an ankle injury but hopefully be fine for hull game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

declan2693 wrote: »
    Welbecks picked up an ankle injury but hopefully be fine for hull game.

Yeah hodgson said it's nothing serious, but I'll be monitoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Tim Krul
    Newcastle United can confirm that Tim Krul has returned from international duty after suffering an elbow injury. The Dutch goalkeeper has now been assessed by the Magpies’ medical staff and underwent a scan on Monday

RED ALERT! Diago Costa has picked up a knock:(

declan2693 wrote: »
    RED ALERT! Diago Costa has picked up a knock:(

More like a light yellow alert I'd say!

More like a light yellow alert I'd say!

haha yeah but not good sign for me anyway to captain or not to captain

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

@JimmyRiceWriter 6m6 minutes ago
    Morning papers will report that Sturridge suffered a calf injury on his return to training and will be out for another month

Sturridge could miss seven games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Morning papers will report that Sturridge suffered a calf injury on his return to training and will be out for another month

Made.of.glass.
    Much like aguero...........:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lambert at 7.0M could become v interesting if he continues to get the nod over Balo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    Lambert at 7.0M could become v interesting if he continues to get the nod over Balo...

Not unless he picks up a bit of form. He's been woeful so far.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Not unless he picks up a bit of form. He's been woeful so far.

Yeah but if he gets a run... That makes a world of difference for strikers... Very respectable points returns the last 2 seasons, and playing for a team now that statistically create more chances. No peno duty tho as long as Gerrard is fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah but if he gets a run... That makes a world of difference for strikers... Very respectable points returns the last 2 seasons, and playing for a team now that statistically create more chances. No peno duty tho as long as Gerrard is fit!

22 goals (+ 6penos) from his 2 years in the Prem with Southampton wouldn't fill me with massive confidence.
    While Liverpool might create more chances I don't think they're the chances he would thrive on. Can't see Liverpool changing their play to revolve around him.

I don't rate him at all, he made the most of his chance and chances with Southampton but any striker that only cuts the grade at the top level as they approach 30 isn't someone I could see leading the attack for a top team. There's a big list of mid price strikers that I would pick ahead of him anyway.

PARlance wrote: »
    22 goals (+ 6penos) from his 2 years in the Prem with Southampton wouldn't fill me with massive confidence.
    While Liverpool might create more chances I don't think they're the chances he would thrive on. Can't see Liverpool changing their play to revolve around him.

I don't rate him at all, he made the most of his chance and chances with Southampton but any striker that only cuts the grade at the top level as they approach 30 isn't someone I could see leading the attack for a top team. There's a big list of mid price strikers that I would pick ahead of him anyway.

Add in 19 assists. Its all conjecture for now, but if it happens he nails down a starting spot there's great potential there. I certainly wouldn't be discounting him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

8 games in and here are some of the players currently straddling the suspension tightrope.

4 yellows
    Reid
    Bardsley

3 yellows
    Costa
    Fabregas
    Barry
    Naismith
    Robertson
    Moore
    Moreno
    Yaya
    Pellè
    Schneiderlin
    Cattermole

Currently suspended: Wilshere

Is it the new year before the target of 5 resets to 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is it the new year before the target of 5 resets to 10?

31st December.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    31st December.

A long way for those lads until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mourinho doesnt expect Remy or Costa to be available for Sunday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

A long way for those lads until then.

If we get lucky the popular players will be suspended for a Cup game :cool:.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Mourinho doesnt expect Remy or Costa to be available for Sunday...

Can he be believed though? He burned me last season saying Terry was out for the season. He only missed one game iirc then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Can he be believed though? He burned me last season saying Terry was out for the season. He only missed one game iirc then!

Has anybody actually seen or read the quotes where he said Costa wouldnt be fit?

I'm after doing a search around and while several articles such as this one say 'Costa to Miss United Game' the only quotes are:

​“Loic has a muscular injury. I don’t know the dimension and I’m not worried. We don't cry on injuries. When a player is injured, play another one."

"It's our philosophy, we don't cry. We just think one injury means an opportunity for somebody else.

"We will prepare for the game [against Manchester United] Thursday, Friday, Saturday to try to be at our best possible level against an opponent which we respect very, very much."

The headlines seem to be based on the Chelsea tweet last night, but I've yet to see Jose say anything publicly. So do we base a decision on the interpretation/assumptions/mind games of the person doing the Chelsea Twitter??

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/524667921113825282

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Costa will certainly play. It's the entire reason for resting him against Palace and Maribor.

Mourinho was asked about Costa and said, "I don't talk about injured players"
    Costa will certainly play. It's the entire reason for resting him against Palace and Maribor.

And why he hasn't trained since last Thursday? Fair play to Mourinho if it's all a mind game

Well thats bollix for a start!! :D

Never done talking about them, look back at his quotes on Costa before the hat trick, or the infamous Terry/Cech lies last year!!

Not saying its a mind game or not, just that there are no clear mentions of Costa playing or not playing v Man Utd other than the one line tweet.

• Advertisement

And why he hasn't trained since last Thursday? Fair play to Mourinho if it's all a mind game

Has it been confirmed that he definitely isn't training? I still stick by my point that Mourinho put pressure on Spain to give Costa a two week break by not playing him. This didn't happen.

Mourinho, IMO, and I may be totally incorrect, is now giving Costa this two week break ahead of their tougher fixtures.

If someone knows how to create a poll I'd love to see this.

Do you think Costa will play v Man Utd? to gauge what the forum think

or

Will you be selling Diego Costa this GW?

Mourinho, IMO, and I may be totally incorrect, is now giving Costa this two week break ahead of their tougher fixtures.

I suspect this as well. Plus hes having a bit of fun while he's at it.

But its impossible to be sure.

FHFC wrote: »
    If someone knows how to create a poll I'd love to see this.

Do you think Costa will play v Man Utd? to gauge what the forum think

or

Will you be selling Diego Costa this GW?

I'll do it now. There's a good hot topic on FFS about this; I think it depends who your other forwards are and what your bench looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Remy said: "We will see after I have a scan but I don't think it is too bad.

"I felt something in my groin. It's frustrating of course because I had a chance to play because Diego Costa is injured but I am not afraid. I really hope to play again this weekend."

BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Remy said: "We will see after I have a scan but I don't think it is too bad.

"I felt something in my groin. It's frustrating of course because I had a chance to play because Diego Costa is injured but I am not afraid. I really hope to play again this weekend."

BBC

And Mourinho said at the end of last month that Costa was doing 'almost nothing' in training due to his injury, yet he then played the full 90 against Arsenal and scored a goal.

And Mourinho said at the end of last month that Costa was doing 'almost nothing' in training due to his injury, yet he then played the full 90 against Arsenal and scored a goal.

And the full 90 against Everton and scored two when he was supposedly struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Does it look like Angel Di Maria will face Chelski??

By the way. Theo played 45mins for Arsenal u21 side on Friday last, trained with the CL squad yesterday and could be in line to feature against Sunderland this weekend.

I wonder is the Burnley game in GW10 too early to consider him FPL wise? 1.3 cheaper than Sanchez....

Does it look like Angel Di Maria will face Chelski??

https://twitter.com/StuMathiesonMEN/status/524880208835665920

The Costa plot thickens.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11181423/Diego-Costas-mystery-illness-forced-him-into-hospital-on-return-to-Chelsea-from-Spain-duty.html

This has more twists and turns than an episode of 24!!

Edit: 3 consecutive posts in a thread = need a break from FPL......goodnight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So he has a severe stomach bug, a groin injury and a hamstring problem.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    Mourinho will be claiming ebola next.

Rikand wrote: »

That will just make his hat trick against united even more impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

CSF wrote: »
    Mourinho will be claiming ebola next.

He better not....the lad on plane in America got arrested for mentioning the 'E' word!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement