Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Qualifying League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    I'll see what I can do :pac:

Sure I may as well just get top 4 anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Everyone that qualifies deserves it, i am 17th with a ranking just over 18k. was 116k at end of GW25. Ratrush Rovers who is 5th is just outside the 5k showing how strong this league is. The people who qualify wont get relegated and should progress strongly.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Everyone that qualifies deserves it, i am 17th with a ranking just over 18k. was 116k at end of GW25. Ratrush Rovers who is 5th is just outside the 5k showing how strong this league is. The people who qualify wont get relegated and should progress strongly.

If only it was that easy! H2H can throw up some funny results in the boards pay H2H the guy leading has 1840 points and the guy all the way down in 26th has 1909!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

A very well played wildcard lassykk, you've got a nice cushion at the top now. Second through fifth is still tight, hopefully more than four positions open up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

A very well played wildcard lassykk, you've got a nice cushion at the top now. Second through fifth is still tight, hopefully more than four positions open up.

Cheers. Given the quality of what's behind me in the league I would love a bigger cushion but I'm delighted with how it went.

I feared the worst with Schmeichel having a huge haul in the first game and Schlupp not playing but thankfully it evened out in the second game for me.

I'll be trying to play it safe now and get over the line. Captain choices for the next few weeks will be vital!

Really need Ospina to play tomorrow to block Cypher's Myhill on the bench. Little bit of a gap now for me, lassy, and jimmii at the top but none of us have any Arsenal.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really need Ospina to play tomorrow to block Cypher's Myhill on the bench. Little bit of a gap now for me, lassy, and jimmii at the top but none of us have any Arsenal.....

Surely nothing to suggest he won't?

Surely nothing to suggest he won't?

Nope, but you never know in terms of illness or warm up injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

You evil evil man:p ..though maybe not as evil as me trying to find out where Ospina was going for dinner last night and my thoughts of sneaking into the restaurant as a chef!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Outscoring the top 1k average and moving up to the Top 6k, but still finding myself dropping in this league! Have three players left though, so have the potential up a bit. Very tough league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AdMMM wrote: »
    Outscoring the top 1k average and moving up to the Top 6k, but still finding myself dropping in this league! Have three players left though, so have the potential up a bit. Very tough league!

I outscored the 10k average by over 20 points, and only moved up 1 place!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Azpi not playing was a blessing for me.
    Was screwed by Wollschied.

Had Alder first defence sub. And PVA last on my bench. So Azpi not featuring and Chelsea not getting a CS eventually make things turn out not too bad for me.

Have Sanchez & Bellerin tonight.

But like the last couple of posters said, this league is such high level that it's very hard to make the promotted top4.

Fantastic GW for Ziegler this week. Really impressive and he moves back to the top of the league (where he's been most of the season)

Need a penalty save from Ospina tonight and a clean sheet to help me out!

Going to be an interesting last couple of GWs in this league!

Edit, oops, wrong thread. don't know how that happened.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Cheers! I'm in a bit of a false position again going into MNF with just Sanchez, so hopefully Giroud stays quiet and Swansea score. If I can weather the DGW and stay in the promotion zone, I'm pretty confident of going up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I may as well be kicking **** up a hill in this league haha.

Up to eighth which is pretty much where I've lingered for the last three months despite green arrows in pretty much everything else.

AdMMM wrote: »
    I may as well be kicking **** up a hill in this league haha.

Up to eighth which is pretty much where I've lingered for the last three months despite green arrows in pretty much everything else.

Its a dam tough league alright. Be delighted if I can get out of it!

WdH9uip.png

Best of luck to all in this highly competitive league. I'll be disappointed if I don't go up at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Would be joint 7th if I had entered ah well.

WdH9uip.png

Best of luck to all in this highly competitive league. I'll be disappointed if I don't go up at this point

Think it's time to say congrats to Ziegler1988. Don't think anyone could deny he will completely deserve this victory as he has lead for the majority of the season.

Our teams are very similar at the top so I can't see a turnaround in the final GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

quarter 2 killed me in this league in 11 dont think i can get any higher this year rob you were the most consistent you deserve to go up

Personally, I see there being more than 4 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

the top thirteen in this league are all inside the top ten thousand that has to be good going

Personally, I see there being more than 4 places.

Seems likely. The quality deserves another couple of spots at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Back in 15th so another year qualifying for me,congrats to those who get promoted.

jimmii wrote: »
    Seems likely. The quality deserves another couple of spots at least!

It does. I expect the lads who go up to do very well in League 2 next year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is it too late to join the league :)

Posting in the FSA all year, entered in the Pay League and somehow missed these leagues!

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join the league :)

Posting in the FSA all year, entered in the Pay League and somehow missed these leagues!

Depends on your ranking! The last Official promotion spot is 3382nd!

If your Castel Di Sangro FC then definitely not!

Depends on your ranking! The last Official promotion spot is 3382nd!

If your Castel Di Sangro FC then definitely not!

Nope I'm ahead of Castel :)

Sorry league is full. Good luck next year :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry league is full. Good luck next year :pac:

Ah damn!

Are you trying to get me killed!!!

Qualifying league for you next year, a repeat of this year's performance and you'll be fighting in the big leagues in no time.

While we are on the topic of next year, any changes anyone would propose (and no I can't give up more places in League 2!!!) to make it fairer and/or more exciting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭Invincible

While we are on the topic of next year, any changes anyone would propose (and no I can't give up more places in League 2!!!) to make it fairer and/or more exciting?

I missed out on this season we're in.
    Is it possible to join for next season?

Invincible wrote: »
    I missed out on this season we're in.
    Is it possible to join for next season?

The Qualifying League will be open for everyone. Like last year, people will be able to join until the same time that the transfer window closes, at which point nobody new will be able to enter.

Are you trying to get me killed!!!

Qualifying league for you next year, a repeat of this year's performance and you'll be fighting in the big leagues in no time.

How does it all work?

How teams qualify each year & how many leagues are there to the Premier League?

How does it all work?

How teams qualify each year & how many leagues are there to the Premier League?

It goes Prem, League 1, League 2, Q league. 3 up 3 down but spots open up if people get banned etc also you have a limited time to sign up so people often miss their spots so extra teams get promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If you lose a few players maybe make league 1 and 2 18 team leagues. The h2h would take 34 weeks top 2 get promoted and 3rd to 6th qualify for play offs that could be run off over gw 35 to 38. I'd also consider this for the highest 15ranked players from this year in the qualifying league that won't be in the 4 leagues along with the 3 players relegated from league 2. Our very own conference. Everyone else in the next qualifying league.

Play-offs? Would mean a 36 game season but would be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It goes Prem, Championship, League 1, League 2, Q league. 3 up 3 down but spots open up if people get banned etc also you have a limited time to sign up so people often miss their spots so extra teams get promoted.
    FYP :cool:.

iroced wrote: »
    FYP :cool:.

Second biggest league in the world how did I forget that!!

We should definitely have a Championship Play-Off so we can tell everyone playing FPL its the biggest fantasy game in the world!

If you lose a few players maybe make league 1 and 2 18 team leagues. The h2h would take 34 weeks top 2 get promoted and 3rd to 6th qualify for play offs that could be run off over gw 35 to 38. I'd also consider this for the highest 15ranked players from this year in the qualifying league that won't be in the 4 leagues along with the 3 players relegated from league 2. Our very own conference. Everyone else in the next qualifying league.
    The problem with league formats that don't have 20 is that they don't sync so well with the PL fixture list.

WE ARE GOING UP, SAY WE ARE GOING UP

Think I've taken the title as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Very happy to have gotten out of this league. Very very competitive.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Very happy to have gotten out of this league. Very very competitive.

Big time! Was a bit worried for a while nice to have a decent last week to be sure!

• Advertisement

Finished 7th. I feel I'll just miss out which is disappointing, but there's always next year!

Finished 7th. I feel I'll just miss out which is disappointing, but there's always next year!

I'd actually probably sway towards the other train of thought, but sure we'll see at the end of July. Best of luck!!

Congrats to all the players who are assured of a place already!!!

Some serious rankings in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

As I said in the Match Day thread I finished 5th in this and this
    I'd actually probably sway towards the other train of thought, but sure we'll see at the end of July. Best of luck!!
    gives me some hope for next season :cool:.

Neoulous wrote: »
    As I said in the Match Day thread I finished 5th in this and thisgives me some hope for next season :cool:.

Would be stunned if you weren't in it. But also somewhat impressed at the level of interest if everyone sticks around. Good luck!!!

Neoulous wrote: »
    As I said in the Match Day thread I finished 5th in this and thisgives me some hope for next season :cool:.

You would be pretty unlucky not to go up in 5th I would expect 6th to be in with a decent shout and possibly even 7th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement