Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Toby Alderweireld's injury is really annoying but he MUST be back for next GW.

On the 10th of Feb, Koeman said he might be available for Liverpool game. Then on 20th of Feb he said he could return for West Brom game. Let's hope so!!

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/568778070460649472
    http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150210-ronald-koeman-filip-djuricic-maya-yoshida-matt-targett-2260414.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Matic just gets a 2 game ban. Will miss one league match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/570894980224573440

There'll be an update on Alder this afternoon according to Ben Dinnery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Alderweireld [hamstring] will not recover in time to face WBA; Koeman says the DEF is "close" to returning & could be back on Tues #SaintsFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aly Cissoko and Alan Hutton also doubtful....

Balls wasn't expecting that Hutton news. Will be playing with 9 if both him and PVA don't feature. Don't think I'll be banking my transfer after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/02/liverpool-jordon-ibe-knee-ligament-injury
    Liverpool’s Jordon Ibe set to be out for four weeks with knee ligament injury

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/572411622343507969

Monk "Gylfi is back in training & is ready to come back into the squad" #Swans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 7s8 seconds ago
    England & Sunderland footballer Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with 15-year-old schoolgirl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

daithijjj wrote: »
    England & Sunderland footballer Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with 15-year-old schoolgirl

Sky reporting it: http://news.sky.com/story/1437132/football-star-adam-johnson-held-over-sex-claims

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Jedinak charged by FA

Could push Punch deeper

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

How do you embed a Tweet on boards?

edit - never mind. I see now that it's just the URL tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

WTF!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Will probably be rested for the midweek games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Will probably be rested for the midweek games

he's suspended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Invincible

Robbie Brady could be out for rest of season after falling into a hole on training ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Invincible wrote: »
    Robbie Brady could be out for rest of season after falling into a hole on training ground.

And Adam Johnson should be going to jail for getting his hole off the training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

surprised they didn't arrest the wrong sunderland player

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    surprised they didn't arrest the wrong sunderland player

Seen a few AJ related "jokes" going round and this is the only one that has given me a chuckle!

As a parent of a daughter i find these Johnson jokes pretty disgusting.

Humour or not they have no place in here IMO.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    As a parent of a daughter i find these Johnson jokes pretty disgusting.

Humour or not they have no place in here IMO.

People are so quick to make jokes in situations like this I just don't get it. Seems people use it as an excuse to let out their inner troll.

jimmii wrote: »
    People are so quick to make jokes in situations like this I just don't get it. Seems people use it as an excuse to let out their inner troll.

Its a disgrace really and there is a kid involved somehow in this.

dahat wrote: »
    Its a disgrace really and there is a kid involved somehow in this.

Yep probably best to get back on topic and report if anyone posts them on here. I think we have a far more respecting community in FSA than more football communities so hopefully its not something we see any of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I agree that it is better to leave this topic alone and it definitely isn't one to make jokes about.

Sorry if I offended anybody . In hindsight not an issue I should have made a joke about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sorry if I offended anybody . In hindsight not an issue I should have made a joke about.

I don't think you've anything to apologise for tbh. I think the world is too politically correct at times.

Not really for this thread anyway.

At the minute, he's only been arrested on "suspicision" so innocent until proven guilty and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

4 matches is about right. If he connected with that forearm/elbow smash he would have done the Palace player serious harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Anyone know what happened Wolly in the Stoke match? I know he was subbed because of injury. Did it look serious?

Anyone know what happened Wolly in the Stoke match? I know he was subbed because of injury. Did it look serious?

Groin strain I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Groin strain I think.

he served his purpose for me anyway so out he goes for either azpi or zouma

Early plan was to sell Wolly this week hope it comes out that he will be fit don't want to be rushed into it earlier than I had hoped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Papiss Cisse and Jonny Evans set to miss 7 and 6 games respectively for spitting at each other during the match the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

AdMMM wrote: »
    Papiss Cisse and Jonny Evans set to miss 7 and 6 games respectively for spitting at each other during the match the other night.

That seems an awful harsh punishment for a bitta childish spitting at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That seems an awful harsh punishment for a bitta childish spitting at each other.

Mad. Not far off what Suarez got for racial abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Terry got less for using racist language towards Anton Ferdinand.

Yeh certainly does after the other bans we have seen the last few years. Sx game minimum for spitting though. I guess they deem it to be almost as bad as biting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I dunno, we're off topic here but I'd be in the camp of spitting is one of the worst things you can do in any sport, lengthy bans should always be given to stamp it out.

I dunno, we're off topic here but I'd be in the camp of spitting is one of the worst things you can do in any sport, lengthy bans should always be given to stamp it out.

As bad as biting someone and racism? Its certainly unpleasant and not welcome in any walk of life but I would not consider it as the same level as that.

• Advertisement

racism is as bad as it gets. Biting and spitting is just weird behaviour IMO both as bad/strange as each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Why is Cisse's going to be longer than Evans ? Greater volume of phlegm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Rikand wrote: »
    Why is Cisse's going to be longer than Evans ? Greater volume of phlegm ?

Think he got a red card in December so this would be a second offense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I accept this ban - spitting is as disrespectful as it gets. It was shown on TV and there is no place for this in any sport.

Difficult to compare with other lengthy bans, but both players should also be penalized financially by the Premier League and their clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Anyone have an update on Wollsheid? Is he likely to miss the next game?

spock. wrote: »
    Anyone have an update on Wollsheid? Is he likely to miss the next game?

Nothing anywhere yet by the looks of it. Hopefully that is a good sign!

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote:
    Nothing anywhere yet by the looks of it. Hopefully that is a good sign!

Hopefully. I mainly need him for their game at home to Palace on the 21st. If it's just a small injury, he should be back by then.

spock. wrote: »
    Hopefully. I mainly need him for their game at home to Palace on the 21st. If it's just a small injury, he should be back by then.

Yeah I'm in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Any word on Alderweireld? (Or however it's spelled!) Doing Berty --> Alder gives me enough cash to do Eriksen to Silva so it'd be great if he's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Any word on Alderweireld? (Or however it's spelled!) Doing Berty --> Alder gives me enough cash to do Eriksen to Silva so it'd be great if he's back.

He was on the bench mid week.
    I'm hoping he's back starting next GW myself to do Clyne to Toby, Targett to Terry soon.
    But Yoshida has been playing well in the last few weeks so mightn't get straight back in :eek: Yoshida did start ahead of Toby in Palace match.

shineon23 wrote: »
    He was on the bench mid week.
    I'm hoping he's back starting next GW myself to do Clyne to Toby, Targett to Terry soon.
    But Yoshida has been playing well in the last few weeks so mightn't get straight back in :eek: Yoshida did start ahead of Toby in Palace match.
    Exactly. I don't think Alderweireld will just walk back into the team. I'd expect Yoshida to start the next game or two at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement