Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Captain

Options
  • 01-03-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,114 ✭✭✭✭

Kane seems the obvious choice.

Aguero or Sturridge are very tempting though.

On my phone so can't do a poll, but wanted to get this going.

Could someone do one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

can't shake thee feeling aguero may end up being the top dog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kane. I don't think we really need a poll this week :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Got to be Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »

I've the same feeling. Not sure I can go through with captaining him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Any question of Kane not starting both went out the window with Spurs crashing out of two competitions in 3 days. Aguero could plausibly outscore Kane but I won't be going against >90% of the top 10k. Young Harold has already done enough damage to my season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

HurriKane for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any question of Kane not starting both went out the window with Spurs crashing out of two competitions in 3 days. Aguero could plausibly outscore Kane but I won't be going against >90% of the top 10k. Young Harold has already done enough damage to my season.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

km79 wrote: »

Completely agree.

I'll go with Kane as almost all of the top 1,000 will, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Aguero ends up with the higher score.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm thinking Kane, hopefully it will be a sweet success...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I don't know. I'm not fully sold on Kane and if I went for Aguero or Sturridge it could either reignite my season or actually end any chances of a decent finish.

I find it impossible to trust Spurs but Kane with a DGW with 2 decent fixtures is hard to ignore. I just can't shake the feeling he won't do much.

I presume that's just crazy talk from me :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't know. I'm not fully sold on Kane and if I went for Aguero or Sturridge it could either reignite my season or actually end any chances of a decent finish.

I find it impossible to trust Spurs but Kane with a DGW with 2 decent fixtures is hard to ignore. I just can't shake the feeling he won't do much.

I presume that's just crazy talk from me :pac:
    Once again we think the same........last time it was Theo though so maybe we shud captain Kane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

I think that even if Kane was playing Swansea and qpr in two separate weeks he would be a candidate to be captain for both weeks, so I think it's a no brainier to captain him this week. I know Spurs are unreliable at times but the one player who has been reliable this season is Kane, so I have full confidence that he will deliver as my captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

There's always a crazy unexpected DGW wonder. Let's go for Vertonghen :pac:... I'm actually half-serious, though will never have the balls...

Austin could be a "differential", though he didn't score in his last 4 home games...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

iroced wrote: »
    There's always a crazy unexpected DGW wonder. Let's go for Vertonghen :pac:... I'm actually half-serious, though will never have the balls...

Austin could be a "differential", though he didn't score in his last 4 home games...

Vertonghen: 2 CS's and a headed goal surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

PARlance wrote: »
    Vertonghen: 2 CS's and a headed goal surely.
    Why not :p?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

This is one of those weeks where I really don't want to captain a certain player but will out of pure fear of the number of people who will captain him. Also, with leading my cash leagues, it would be mad to give them the differential.

Kane for me, although Aguero is probably my ideal pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

There's not even a poll for this week?! :)

Kane at over 70% of FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There's not even a poll for this week?! :)

Kane at over 70% of FFS.

I was surprised it was so low! If 30% of active players don't end up captaining him I'll be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Tempted to take a punt on Eriksen, although for the risk over Kane there's not much chance of him outscoring Kane by much so maybe not worth it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Is no one else worried by the fact that Kane has never previously played four matches in a row like this? He was always subbed for one. He has already played two, yesterday's game he was awful and he seemed tired. I just can't see him playing both games this week. I think there's a good chance he'll be rested for one of the games.

power101 wrote: »
    Is no one else worried by the fact that Kane has never previously played four matches in a row like this? He was always subbed for one. He has already played two, yesterday's game he was awful and he seemed tired. I just can't see him playing both games this week. I think there's a good chance he'll be rested for one of the games.

Wembley in a cup final is a tiring pitch. add in the wet conditions........ its still on aguero at the moment for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

He only got 30 mins against Fiorentina. If they had anyone capable of scoring then maybe, but Soldado has proven he's crap and Adebayor has no match fitness. Spurs need to win both of these matches to keep up in the race for 4th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He was rested for Fiorentina. Came off the bench for the last 30.

I agree that Aguero could well outscore him, but Kane has fcked with my season quite enough thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

no poll? Harry is the obvious choice

need to decide on one to drop between Giroud, Herrera or Walters is my dilemma

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Trilla wrote: »
    no poll? Harry is the obvious choice

need to decide on one to drop between Giroud, Herrera or Walters is my dilemma

Herrera may not start again due to LVG'S "philosophy" though he does look dangerous when he plays. If you had Walters on the bench at least he could come in if Herrera doesn't play. I would play Giroud and stick with Herrera over Walters.

If I had Herrera I would definitely keep him. I have Walters myself and I was thinking of shipping him out for Ashley Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Herrera may not start again due to LVG'S "philosophy" though he does look dangerous when he plays. If you had Walters on the bench at least he could come in if Herrera doesn't play. I would play Giroud and stick with Herrera over Walters.

If I had Herrera I would definitely keep him. I have Walters myself and I was thinking of shipping him out for Ashley Young.

Cheers for the reply. Its a close one but yes Herrera does look v active and likely to pop up with a chance.

If he comes on as a 89th min sub I'll hunt you down haha :-p

Anyone captaining Rose?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I have it Sturridge at the moment! Can see Liverpool scoring 2 or more and DStudge playing 90mins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kane down to 65% on FFS poll.
    Aguero 12%
    Lukaku 3rd with 5% :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    Kane down to 65% on FFS poll.
    Aguero 12%
    Lukaku 3rd with 5% :confused:

Think some people just pick someone random its not really an accurate representation of what people are actually planning on doing.

Advertisement