Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options
  • 10-07-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hey girls,

Was wondering if we should start a post-pregnancy moan thread as I feel bad moaning on the pregnancy thread now I'm two weeks after the big day!

But have many moans in the form of lochia freaking me out, back pain, lack of sleep and the like and think it could be nice for girls to have a similar place to have a little chat about recovering after labour and of course how apart from all that, life is fecking brilliant and loved up:D:D

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Congrats on the new arrival :D There is a pretty good thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057060566

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Dolbert wrote: »
    Congrats on the new arrival :D There is a pretty good thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057060566

Thanks Dolbert, life is amazing, never been better but post-pregnancy niggles are sometimes good to talk about with other girls as I think I'm still a bit emotionally fecked!:pac:

I saw this thread so I'll post in there, just saw people talking about their toddlers and stuff so felt a bit silly posting about post-labour woes:p

Oh I hope you don't think I was telling you to post elsewhere! Far from it, just letting you know it existed in case you hadn't seen it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm awaiting the return of my period with baited breath... Mr. Magoo is 10 weeks old today and it's always arrived at 8 weeks on the others. I've never wished for a period so much before...

Eeeek January are you waiting for it for the reason I'm thinking?

• Advertisement

Ah I couldn't be, we haven't done anything stupid like... but there's always the chance and I can't start my contraception until the first day of my period.

That and I'm getting married on New Years Eve so ANOTHER baby would be really bad timing lol

Not at all Dolbert thanks for the heads up!

Haha fingers crossed it comes for you soon January you feel all back to normal now after 8 weeks?

Lochia has my head done in (I'm just over 2 weeks after labour), honestly I just want it gone. For some reason it just keeps worrying me, I'm checking it all the time and today randomly it went heavy again and I got all freaked out, fiancé had to calm me down. Spoke to community nurse who of course said unless you're soaking through a pad in an hour and it's fresh blood to just go with the flow so to speak but I'm all freaked out, think I'm still hormonally fecked after pregnancy:) Now hate going to the toilet because I'll have to see/worry about whatever appears!

When did yours go girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

Haha fingers crossed it comes for you soon January you feel all back to normal now after 8 weeks?

Lochia has my head done in (I'm just over 2 weeks after labour), honestly I just want it gone. For some reason it just keeps worrying me, I'm checking it all the time and today randomly it went heavy again and I got all freaked out, fiancé had to calm me down. Spoke to community nurse who of course said unless you're soaking through a pad in an hour and it's fresh blood to just go with the flow so to speak but I'm all freaked out, think I'm still hormonally fecked after pregnancy:) Now hate going to the toilet because I'll have to see/worry about whatever appears!

When did yours go girls?

About 6 weeks both times.
    Got my firsr period about 8 weeks with no1 but not until bout 12/13 weeks with no 2. Although had a bleed 1 day around 8 weeks so assumed it was my period so started the pill but no more bleeding so was advises to continue with pill. Didnt get period until first pack was finished.
    January OMG. Hope it cones soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh brilliant somewhere to moan xx

Baby ruby arrived last Sunday morning 5days early xx love her to pieces xx after a 30hr Labour it look only 6 minutes of pushing worth every second of it xx

Back and legs are killing me x my legs feel all tight as if I ran a marathon without training for it x

January x hope your period arrives soon on my 1st I was 11weeks before it came back x try not to stress too much about it coz that could cause it to be late xx

Don't you just love 4.30am feeds everywhere is so quite getting wonderful cuddles but at the same time exhausted :-(

My eldest Little girl who will be 2 in August has started waking during the night again :-( I know it's only the baby and a lot of it is the baby is in our room so she wants to be in bed with us too xx need to buy another bed and stick it to our own so we can all have room xx

Hope ye are all well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

My moan. I'm fat fat fatty bum bum. Wehhh I think I'll get pregnant again just do I don't have to diet

• Advertisement

When did yours go girls?

Mine lasted 4 full weeks and still spotting 5 weeks later I hated it so much felt dirty all the time

January wrote: »
    Ah I couldn't be, we haven't done anything stupid like... but there's always the chance and I can't start my contraception until the first day of my period.

That and I'm getting married on New Years Eve so ANOTHER baby would be really bad timing lol

Ahhh Luke would love a baby brother :P

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Mine lasted 4 full weeks and still spotting 5 weeks later I hated it so much felt dirty all the time

Did you find yours went lighter then heavier and a bit all over the place? The more girls I talk to the more I see it's the norm just when you read the books they seem to state a strict heavy - light red - pink trend over a certain amount of days but seems like most girls go back and forth!

Spoke to gp today and she said it's normal for it to be a bit crazy, she felt my stomach and says uterus seems well contracted so didn't seem in the slightest bit concerned just said to watch out for signs of infection which is a given!

:):)On another fun note think I have hemorrhoids, even after I go I feel like there's something there all the time like I need to go again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Having a bath every day will help not get infected and will help with the dreaded piles aswell especially if you put a little Epsom salts in (as long as you don't still have stitches).

Did you find yours went lighter then heavier and a bit all over the place? The more girls I talk to the more I see it's the norm just when you read the books they seem to state a strict heavy - light red - pink trend over a certain amount of days but seems like most girls go back and forth!

Spoke to gp today and she said it's normal for it to be a bit crazy, she felt my stomach and says uterus seems well contracted so didn't seem in the slightest bit concerned just said to watch out for signs of infection which is a given!

:):)On another fun note think I have hemorrhoids, even after I go I feel like there's something there all the time like I need to go again?
    If you are overdoing it.. Like rushing around scrubbing floors or whatever it tends to get heavier! I had a big clot after about 3 weeks like a chunk of liver thy almost gave me a heart attack but gp said it was normal! I thought the bleeding would never stop!

I notice if I'm doing a lot like going somewhere or washing or cleaning the house etc bleeding is heavier? But if I just sit on my ass it's ok x hate wearing the big thick pads though feel like no matter what I wear you can see them I know you can't but they are just so big and bulky xx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Quick question girls. I've packed my hospital bag and have put in a packet of maternity pads I bought in Boots. Are these suitable post partum or is there a particular brand you all swear by? Thank you xx

Merkin wrote: »
    Quick question girls. I've packed my hospital bag and have put in a packet of maternity pads I bought in Boots. Are these suitable post partum or is there a particular brand you all swear by? Thank you xx

I used boots ones but it wasnt that heavy. Both times i switched to always night within a day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

The boots ones are okay but I bled very, very heavily after my baby so I was using the hospital grade ones. The brand was BV I think. You can get them in chemists. I was able to use the boots ones a week or so later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I also used boots ones they were grand. When it was heavy I put too together which was remarkably comfortable after stitches :-)

• Advertisement

I got the hospital brand ones you can get them in any chemist I find them the best for the 1st few days after that any of the maternity ones are grand x if you have stitches though the always ones are not soft enough

I'd get the big green hospital grade ones. A good tip I got was to sprinkle some witch hazel on the pad and pop in freezer for 10 mins before wearing, very soothing on delicate bits! I also took arnica and used a sports bottle of water with a few drops of tea tree oil in to spray against my bits when I had a wee to help with the stinging!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi guys! Delighted to have a post-pregnancy moan thread!! I didnt bleed very much after the baby, I had a c-section but within 5 days the lochia was almost gone and a panty liner would have been adequate. Dont think my consultant believed me when I told him the 5 days.. but then again I got a period at wk 4-5 after the baby.

Did any of ye have the 6week check up? I did and Consultant wasnt recommending I go back on the pill as yet due to other blood pressure medications etc. He did ask if I'd thought about more kids and that better to get pregnant again early than leave it too late!! I'm only 31 but that scared me. I did have a bad pregnancy and agree that shouldnt have like 5 yrs between babies.. Baby currently has reflux and a sibling for her is last thing on my mind!

dustie1 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Delighted to have a post-pregnancy moan thread!! I didnt bleed very much after the baby, I had a c-section but within 5 days the lochia was almost gone and a panty liner would have been adequate. Dont think my consultant believed me when I told him the 5 days.. but then again I got a period at wk 4-5 after the baby.

Did any of ye have the 6week check up? I did and Consultant wasnt recommending I go back on the pill as yet due to other blood pressure medications etc. He did ask if I'd thought about more kids and that better to get pregnant again early than leave it too late!! I'm only 31 but that scared me. I did have a bad pregnancy and agree that shouldnt have like 5 yrs between babies.. Baby currently has reflux and a sibling for her is last thing on my mind!

Wow very envious of the 5 days! Interesting about the 6 week checkup...would you consider another baby sooner even after a bad pregnancy?

No lochia overnight for me...around 1 came back bright and I couldnt handle the worry so we went into rotunda just for peace of mind. Doc did internal swab and didnt think blood was heavy although had to explain its very on and off. Showed her my pad despite the embarassment as it showed how it had been heavier for a spell earlier but she didnt consider it anything bad. She also did a quick scan and said uterus looks great and no signs of any retained placenta so she was happy there was nothing to worry about and said theyll ring if swab showed any signs of infection. So Ill just have to try stay calm about it out and wait it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Its a good idea to get it checked out anyways Smokey.. no point worrying and stressing about it. There's enough to worry about with a new baby!

I dont know how I feel about another baby.. although some days I think it'd be great - I think there must be lingering happy pregnancy hormones. Then I think about it on a day I'm wrecked and baby is upset and it sounds like madness. DH and I had always talking about a 3year gap but I see the logic in what the dr was saying. But I want at least a year to recover before thinking about trying. I was surprised as he's is normally very conservative and would have thought he'd have been recommending the year minimum to recover after the c-section etc.. but he said getting pregnant after even 6months would be ok :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

When I had an infection after my first baby it was more of a gushing where I was completely destroying myself wearing those green pads and the smell from it was horrendous,I also felt like I was hit like a bus.
    From what your explaining,after the infection cleared that's how I went, the joy of it nearly gone then back to full flow again, but i would have had a very very heavy period before getting pregnant so put it down to that.
    Hopefully your trip to the doc will put your mind at ease .

Smokie you were dead right to get checked out hopefully all will be ok xx I had a small infection on my 1st and the smell was the 1thing I remember most this time I'm bleeding more then I remember on my 1st but I was told that can happen on your 2nd x although it is only day 6after baby x

Thanks girls...thankfully feel good so hoping its just erratic blood flow which I can see is common enough!

Feel much better getting checked though for peace of mind rather than worrying at home with my poor fiance trying to make me feel better:-)

The oppisite happened me. I got an infection after number 2. I stopped bleeding very very soon (less than a week) so mentioned to phn. She felt my tummy but wasnt too concered but examined me and recommended i go to gp. Gp said i had infection. Done swab, perscribed antibiotics etc. 2 days later it was back . I had to go back to gp a few times so they kept a close eye on things.
    It then stayed until bout 5-6 weeks.
    No 1 was more straight forward. Eased off then came back then eased off and came back . As others said the mors i done the heavier it was. Hope all is ok and you can relax about it now.

• Advertisement

Think about it this way... you're basically getting rid of 9 months of endometrial tissue... when you have a normal period it's only a one month build up. If you are doing too much it will show, it's your bodies way of telling you to take it a bit easier.

Always good to get it checked out though :)

Advertisement