Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9 days. Mustang launch in Europe

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sorry but the last mustang was bollocks. I drove one while I was in the states last year for bit.

That doesn't mean this one is ;) or take away from the fact that it's great to see another performance car being sold over here and one that may be somewhat affordable for the average joe, especially second hand when running cost shouldn't be astronomical.

It may be no V8 but over 300bhp is not to be scoffed at. Looking forward to hearing how it drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I'd hate to be the chap who tries to impress car enthusiasts with his wrong engined mustang.

I'd hate to be the chap who tries to impress car enthususiasts.

Full stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

That doesn't mean this one is ;) or take away from the fact that it's great to see another performance car being sold over here and one that may be somewhat affordable for the average joe, especially second hand when running cost shouldn't be astronomical.

It may be no V8 but over 300bhp is not to be scoffed at. Looking forward to hearing how it drives.

Sure it could be OK. But doubt it'll be any better than anything already available.

Never got the whole pining over american bollocks. Americans don't even give a **** about there own domestics, not sure why we should either.

Sure it could be OK. But doubt it'll be any better than anything already available.

Never got the whole pining over american bollocks. Americans don't even give a **** about there own domestics, not sure why we should either.

It's nothing to do with it being American for a lot of people it's about there being another performance car readily available on the Irish market that can never be a bad thing.

Much happier seeing this being released than another innovating blue motion economical car.

Also there's not to many car's on our roads producing that kind of performance.

It's nothing to do with it being American for a lot of people it's about there being another performance car readily available on the Irish market that can never be a bad thing.

Much happier seeing this being released than another innovating blue motion economical car.

Also there's not to many car's on our roads producing that kind of performance.

GS450h. See them all the time. 340BHP. You have to be a bit of a 'Colin' to drive one, but still, tasty car.

GS450h. See them all the time. 340BHP. You have to be a bit of a 'Colin' to drive one, but still, tasty car.

What???? A GS450h is not comparable to RWD coupe performance car in anyway shape or form.

Secondly there's not lots of them around or are they are very affordable running costs compared to what a 2.3 ecoboost engine could be.

What???? A GS450h is not comparable to RWD coupe performance car in anyway shape or form.

Secondly there's not lots of them around or are they are very affordable running costs compared to what a 2.3 ecoboost engine could be.

450H is RWD. Can be got for 10k these days.

:pac:

450H is RWD. Can be got for 10k these days.

Bangs head against wall.

a 450h is a luxury car a lovely car at that but comparing a 450h to a Mustang is like chalk and cheese.

Yes they can be got for 10k I said affordable running costs how many people in Ireland do you know who wouldn't be terrified of taxing and running costs of a 450h? There is a reason luxobarges drop in value so much people in Ireland are generally terrified of the thought of owning something like that.

A 2.3 would be a far less scarier and much more manageable prospect in the minds of a lot of Irish motorists.

Bangs head against wall.

a 450h is a luxury car a lovely car at that but comparing a 450h to a Mustang is like chalk and cheese.

Yes they can be got for 10k I said affordable running costs how many people in Ireland do you know who wouldn't be terrified of taxing and running costs of a 450h? There is a reason luxobarges drop in value so much people in Ireland are generally terrified of the thought of owning something like that.

A 2.3 would be a far less scarier and much more manageable prospect in the minds of a lot of Irish motorists.

I know it's a chalk and cheeser.

Current 450h is €225 to tax. Supposed to be a smart handler too.

• Advertisement

Current 450h is €225 to tax. Supposed to be a smart handler too.

It's no Massey Ferguson, though.

It's no Massey Ferguson, though.

Contrived point, I know. But a 450h is arguably more of a muscle car than a 2.3 ecoboost mustang.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Contrived point, I know. But a 450h is arguably more of a muscle car than a 2.3 ecoboost mustang.

Erm.......no. 450h is an executive saloon car.

p.s. Anyone know the likely pricing in Ireland of the new Mustang? A new Focus ST2 is touching €40k, so I'd expect the 2.3t Ecoboost Mustang to be maybe €50k+?

I'd expect the 2.3t Ecoboost Mustang to be maybe €50k+?

I'd say so, which would be up against sports cars and coupés from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and Audi. I think that would mean annual sales in Ireland should be, oooh, I don't know, at a guess, roughly none. Zero. No cars at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if somebody would like to buy a fully loaded V8 on 20's in black and automatic ill take it off ye in 2018 cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'd say so, which would be up against sports cars and coupés from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and Audi. I think that would mean annual sales in Ireland should be, oooh, I don't know, at a guess, roughly none. Zero. No cars at all.

Let's call it €55k. How would that compare to a 428 / A5 2LT or equivalent Merc coupe pricewise? A good 10 / 15 % cheaper I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Yeah but it won't hold its value anywhere near as well as the Audi, BMW or Porsche.

It needs to be aimed at the GT86, taking on the above brands in that segment is madness IMO.

It needs to be aimed at the GT86, taking on the above brands in that segment is madness IMO.

Loads of people thought the GT86 was way overpriced, because the same money would see you in a BMW 1 series coupé.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Loads of people thought the GT86 was way overpriced, because the same money would see you in a BMW 1 series coupé.

How many GT86 were sold in 2013?

Yeah but it won't hold its value anywhere near as well as the Audi, BMW or Porsche.

True enough on the residual but I'd put it higher than the GT86 though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Big Nasty wrote: »
    True enough on the residual but I'd put it higher than the GT86 though.

Different league power wise at least. 305bhp vs c.200bhp. Slightly different market segments too I'd suggest also.

Very few if any new performance car bargains in Ireland I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

if somebody would like to buy a fully loaded V8 on 20's in black and automatic ill take it off ye in 2018 cheers.

Pretty much sums it up:o If a person really wants a V8 Mustang they can go fork out for it themselves. Of course some people will scoff the eco 2.3 engine but unless they are driving something as new and as powerful which is really unlikely in Ireland, they are all just talk.

I hope to see some Mustangs on our roads but seeing how rare ST's are now its unlikely, unless the government can get celtic tiger 2.0 going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Days 298 wrote: »
    Pretty much sums it up:o If a person really wants a V8 Mustang they can go fork out for it themselves. Of course some people will scoff the eco 2.3 engine but unless they are driving something as new and as powerful which is really unlikely in Ireland, they are all just talk.

I hope to see some Mustangs on our roads but seeing how rare ST's are now its unlikely, unless the government can get celtic tiger 2.0 going.

believe me, If I had another 50k to throw round id go buy one , sadly I have a feeling that fully loaded the v8 would be closer to 60-65 , which puts it out of my price range , even if I had the money for a brand new 2.3 id wait for a second hand 1-2 year old V8 at the same price.

id wager the V8 will hold its value better than the 2.3 , even here, but both of them will probably sink like a stone unless the tax is nothing .

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I did about 1600 miles in a v6 automatic convertible around california in 2012, it was a lovely car, i really enjoyed driving it. It was pretty much brand new, it only had 2000 miles on it when i got it.

mustang.jpg

In terms of owning one im not sure how they would do on roads here, it felt very heavy sometimes, going around a bend downhill for example, it felt like a struggle to keep it on the road sometimes. Other than that i couldnt fault it though if it was 50k i think you would be mad to buy one, id never buy a new car though, seems crazy to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

When's the diesel launching here?

hahahah Ford Mustang 1.6TDCI. (she's one thirty though lad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The 2.3 ecoboost makes 5hp more than the outgoing modular V8. The essence of a muscle car is to have a high power output in a light (or what the americans thought was!) car for very little money. The best way to do this back in the day was with a V8. Because of this, the V8 became part of the muscle car. However, today the most powerful, light and cheap to produce engines are small displacement with turbos. IMO the new mustang is still pure to the muscle car as it's a cheap car with big power, but, peoples perception of what makes a muscle car has changed and they mow think it has to have a V8.

I agree, the V8 isn't a deal breaker for anyone that's half into cars, left alone the average punter who's going to buy one for the looks and individuality of it.

My V8 7 is the same power as this new Ecoboost model and is some 200kg heavier and it fairly moves. If the Mustang can get into the high 5 seconds to 100kph, there will be few V8s sold. It will be hard to justify in high tax/high fuel price countries.

People will buy it to say they have a Mustang. I know I would. And one person in a hundred will ask you what engine it has. Even a 2.3l will get raised eyebrows. "Petrol too, are ya mad?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I wonder if we'll see the GT500 or if the yanks will keep them all to themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

djimi wrote: »
    Its not much different to Subaru offering a 1.6 Impreza really. A bit pointless perhaps, but each to their own.

I'm actually realising the hypocriticalness of my post. As most can guess from my username I'm an alfa enthusiast.

Alfas real engines are the busso and the alfa twin cam. Yet I've a busso and a twinspark. No old alfa twin cam and neither of them are rear wheel drive.

That all being said if I was having a mustang I'd want a v8 and I'd get an old v8 instead of a newer one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

glad we will be getting somwthing at least a bit diffrent to the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

When's the diesel launching here?

V8 Powerstroke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

The Irish version will be

1.6 Diesel with hubcaps and radio/casette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

420hp v8 confirmed coming to NZ in 2015 sometime, right around the time we're thinking about replacing the car, would be nice :)
    Though I wonder will we get a Camarao in RHD as a result of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Dartz wrote: »
    V8 Powerstroke?

YUSSSSS!!! Bring it on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I wonder what the 4 pot will sound like?

Have they put a symposer in them like they have with their ST's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Jesus. wrote: »
    I wonder what the 4 pot will sound like?

Have they put a symposer in them like they have with their ST's?

Hopefully with an obnoxious bov or screamer pipe to compensate for the lack of a v8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Caliden wrote: »
    Hopefully with an obnoxious bov or screamer pipe to compensate for the lack of a v8.

Aye. A car like that deserves both a Phsssss and a Whoooo! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hope no-one is holding their breath for these to arrive.

First RHD deliveries likely to be Late 2015 :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

R.O.R wrote: »

plenty of time to line up the sale of the wife and kids then! :pac:

WTF is that all about?

Ford Ireland have been plastering their launch all fb as May 24th. So you order now and get delivery late next year? o.O

That's it then - I'm cancelling my order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Big Nasty wrote: »
    WTF is that all about?

Ford Ireland have been plastering their launch all fb as May 24th. So you order now and get delivery late next year? o.O

European Launch is during the Champions League Final. Register your interest and get one of the first ones to arrive, circa October 2015.

When pricing in released you can then decide if you want to keep your car on order, or pull out.

European Launch is during the Champions League Final. Register your interest and get one of the first ones to arrive, circa October 2015.

When pricing in released you can then decide if you want to keep your car on order, or pull out.

Well fvck it, I'm gonna order one for the craic then. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Can reserve one now. Wonder if someone in Ireland is getting one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

String wrote: »
    Can reserve one now. Wonder if someone in Ireland is getting one!

Probably a Ford Mustang Style. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Dord wrote: »
    Probably a Ford Mustang Style. :pac:

There must be a Mustang Lx

With those little stick things to adjust the wing mirrors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Wait til ye see, the gardai will get one as a promo veh-icle. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Only 5 can be reserved in ROI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Isn't it supposed to have a 2.3ltr engine for the euro market as well as left hand drive. Well that's what top gear said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'll be buying one in 8 years time when used values get down to 4,000 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

robertxxx wrote: »
    Isn't it supposed to have a 2.3ltr engine for the euro market as well as left hand drive. Well that's what top gear said.

There's right hand drive and the v8 is an option as well for Europe. On the website you can only puck red fastback and silver convertible

Advertisement