Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Should I Do??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

No

No talking at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Gman87 wrote: »
    I may seem a bit annoying the way i keep going on about it but I've felt bad the last few days the way I handled the situation with her, I just didn't expect her to come to me and ask to have a drink. A few people have said that I need to talk to her just to even let her know that friendship isn't an option right now does anyone think that's a good idea?

I don't think she'll be coming back to talk to you again. After all, you did have an awkward conversation, you wouldn't have a drink with her and you then turned to talk to someone else. If she didn't get the message after that, she's pretty clueless.

You've got to ask yourself what's your true motivation for contacting her? Is it actually to tell her to stay away or to suss her out? If it's to tell her to stay away, then don't bother. You're creating a little bit of drama for yourself and I'm not sure you'll feel any better for it at a the end. Should you happen to meet her again when you're out and she starts into the same thing again, simply tell her that you're not interested in being friends and leave it at that. I'm no great believer in exes staying friends anyway unless both people are singing off the same hymnsheet. This clearly isn't the case here and let's face it, I doubt you'll ever want to be just her friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gman87

Ya I think I basically want to suss her out and see where she was coming from in coming up to me and yes I do still have feelings for her but I wouldn't want to get hurt from her again and that's why I basically ignored her.

Ya I think I basically want to suss her out and see where she was coming from in coming up to me and yes I do still have feelings for her but I wouldn't want to get hurt from her again and that's why I basically ignored her.

• Advertisement

Really appreciate all of the replies thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Matteroffact

Gman87 wrote: »

This is the scenario. She probably still likes you but whether she is interested in picking up where you left off is hard to know. There are only two ways to look at it. She either just wants to boost her ego by wanting to find out if you are still interested or she wants to rekindle the relationship. My gut instinct is that if she wants to rekindle things then she knows exactly how to do this and relying on just bumping into you and seeing how you react to her is not something she can rely on for her getting you back. If she wanted you back then she will either text you or send you a message but you can bank on it that she knows what to do, so if there is no further contact from her then just forget about her. However, should you bump into her again then just have a chat with her and don't turn your back on her. If you would really like to know how she feels then you could organize to "bump into her" again and this time show a bit more of an interest. Don't worry, all is not lost .........just yet.

Advertisement