Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood tests for Testosterone and estrogen levels

Options
  • 21-08-2013 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting my cholesterol, testosterone and estrogen levels check in a blood test next week.

Other than those three things, what questions should I be asking before and after the test to get a breakdown of where I stand in terms of my testosterone levels etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

So which steroid will you be taking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Ask what are the detrimental effect introducing external hormones will have on your endocrine system and the subsequent side effects.

BTW knowing the total Test & ES levels won't do you much good and asking in this forum is not the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

You should get:

Test total
    Test free
    SHBG
    Estrogen
    Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
    Creatinine < this will be raised if you're lifting weights intensely and will also throw off the BUN:Creatinine ratio but its nothing to be alarmed about.
    Albumin
    Globulin
    Albumin/Globulin Ratio
    Total Bilirubin
    Alkaline Phosphatase
    GGTP
    AST(SGOT) < can be slightly elevated from resistance training
    ALT(SGPT)
    LDH
    Cholesterol

T3
    T4
    TSH are also a good group to get done but make sure to get the lot done as T-4 on its own is useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

siochain wrote: »
    Ask what are the detrimental effect introducing external hormones will have on your endocrine system and the subsequent side effects.

BTW knowing the total Test & ES levels won't do you much good and asking in this forum is not the place.

In my original post I never mentioned introducing anything to my system, so both yourself and the first poster are jumping to conclusions unnecessarily.

This is the health and fitness forum, my question relates to health and fitness. If it doesn't belong here then let a mod decide, not you.

If you have a pain in your side you don't ask which surgeon is the best, you go and find out why you have a pain in your side. So by getting my bloods done I'm finding out what state my health is in from that perspective rather than immediately finding the right steroid to fill the gap.

I'm a long time poster here and I've never alluded to taking any illegal drugs or prescription drugs so the fact that you two jumped to that conclusion shows that you have predetermined predjudices about anabolic steroids and related drugs, which you are entitled to but also which you should keep to yourself seeing as my question referred to neither of those things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

siochain wrote: »

Can we leave the accusations there please.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement