Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 - Alexandra Palace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭bren2001

Its only a matter of time until the Beeb lose the snooker coverage. Barry Hearn was not impressed with their coverage of the World's last year and stated at that time that he would have to have words with them about their coverage. Doesn't look like anything has changed unfortunately. It would be terrible to see it have to go to s*y to get proper coverage. I have s*y sports at home but would still hate it to go there.

The coverage of the Worlds last year was shockingly poor. I couldn't believe it. However, they don't really care about ROI and in fairness it is all available on the red button which everyone has in England. I can't see too many station rushing out to pick it up if the BBC lose it. Can't see it going to Sky with Eurosport having such a big stake in it presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

I can understand that everyone might have the red button in the UK. But what I can't understand is why they show it at all on B*C2 at all. it's so frustrating to watch. You could switch it on at 7pm to watch an evening match and there's a player in a middle of a big break, suddenly Hazel speaks over the commentary to say 'unfortunately were going to have to leave it there for now . . viewers can continue watching by pressing the red button'. Its a bloody farce. There's nothing on B*C2 only sh1te otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

I can understand that everyone might have the red button in the UK. But what I can't understand is why they show it at all on B*C2 at all. it's so frustrating to watch. You could switch it on at 7pm to watch an evening match and there's a player in a middle of a big break, suddenly Hazel speaks over the commentary to say 'unfortunately were going to have to leave it there for now . . viewers can continue watching by pressing the red button'. Its a bloody farce. There's nothing on B*C2 only sh1te otherwise.
    I dread to hear that Hazel's voice particularily when im stuck into a match !!
    Agree, a right pain in the h ole

Just in and delighted to see Mark Allen get past Higgins.
    Mark hasn't exactly been setting the world alight the last few years so should be a good confidence boost for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

It's like Steve Davis, "he's playing this shot with an element of safety', don't know how many times I heard him say that yesterday.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

you wouldn't hear that sort of cheap talk on Eurosport i tells ye

Fairly crap that the majority of us missing the Ronnie games as it's played on 1pm. But might get to watch a bit on Saturday perhaps.

(Perry v Allen): Friday January 16 at 1pm
    (Maguire v Murphy): Friday January 16 at 7pm

SEMI

O'Sullivan V Robertson

syngindub wrote: »
    Fairly crap that the majority of us missing the Ronnie games as it's played on 1pm. But might get to watch a bit on Saturday perhaps.

(Perry v Allen): Friday January 16 at 1pm
    (Maguire v Murphy): Friday January 16 at 7pm

SEMI

O'Sullivan V Robertson

Cracking semi in Ronnie and Robertson. Ronnie didn't look his sharpest earlier (granted I only saw a few of the frames). How did Robertson play? I thought Carter was going to take him this morning based on first round performances.

On the other side of the draw, I've back Murphy to win the tournament outright. He won't have a much better chance of making the final than this. I think he has it to get by Maguire tomorrow. Allen will prove a tough test in the semi and has played very well this year. It is starting to get interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

bren2001 wrote: »
    Cracking semi in Ronnie and Robertson. Ronnie didn't look his sharpest earlier (granted I only saw a few of the frames). How did Robertson play? I thought Carter was going to take him this morning based on first round performances.

On the other side of the draw, I've back Murphy to win the tournament outright. He won't have a much better chance of making the final than this. I think he has it to get by Maguire tomorrow. Allen will prove a tough test in the semi and has played very well this year. It is starting to get interesting.

He was brilliant tbh. On todays form no one beats him. 97% pot accuracy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ronnie gave an interview talking about how he is not as match sharp as everyone else. It's a fair point he is not playing as many tournaments as the others and it will catch up to him. I really think Robertson will take him in the semi's though i hope not.

In the other half i think Allen will get through and it would be nice to see him win a Masters he is a great player to watch.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Ronnie gave an interview talking about how he is not as match sharp as everyone else. It's a fair point he is not playing as many tournaments as the others and it will catch up to him. I really think Robertson will take him in the semi's though i hope not.

In the other half i think Allen will get through and it would be nice to see him win a Masters he is a great player to watch.

Ronnie has the natural ability though and is probably the only player who can get away with less tournaments than the others. It will eventually catch up with him though.
    Once he has his head right , he can beat anyone one the planet.

Should be a thrilling match and at this point I don't think i'm going the get to watch it !!...noooooo

Pretty poor game earlier with Mark Allen coming through.

Just settling down to watch Murphy and Maguire. Hopefully a better match than earlier.

Great start by Maguire 137 Break to lead 1-0

cracking match so far

MM1.PNG

super game of snooker between maguire and murphy.
    Some terrific long ball potting, some auful misses. probably the best game i've watched this championship.

Winner of the tourny is between ROS and Robertson. Allen hasn't got a hope, i'll give murphy a slight chance if he overcomes Allen which he should easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Looking forward to today's game, tough one to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Good start by Robinson, shouldn't be a one-sided affair, I hope it goes the distance.

Ronnie left with a nice opener. Should be able to clear this frame.

Really bad miss on the frame ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Fancy Robertson big time in this form.

Not looking great for Ronnie. Robertson is on top form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Not looking great for Ronnie. Robertson is on top form.

Robertson has been superb so far. Ronnie is going to need him to give up a few chances to get back in it now Robertson barely giving him a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rickamania1

Robertson in cracking form. But Ronnie is Ronnie.

Looked in much better form in that frame. Important to get one on a board. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Those four frames seemed to fly by!

Someone would want to tell Ken to rein it in a bit, he's had the crowd laughing a few times now.

Ken is brilliant today. By far the best commentator. Gave a great interview to Jarlath Regan on An Irishman Abroad, I was laughing for most of the 90 minutes.

Great from Murphy so far. Punishing Robertsons mistakes and playing aggressive snooker. Fantastic to watch. He has already won me a few quid by making the SF and final. 4-0 at the interval is not something I would have predicted (not that we are there yet).

Still time for Robertson to leave it interesting enough for tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

6-2 would give Robertson a slight chance, 7-1 and it's over.

Advertisement