Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Is the concept of a student e-mail kind of outdated anyway? Most students have their own e-mail addresses anyway and I don't think I've received one communication via my uni e-mail that I hadn't already heard about or seen on Facebook or Moodle. I understand it gives students a formal e-mail address name which a lot may not have. For example, Joe.Bloggs@nuim.ie is respectable if you're communicating with someone but jazzerslad2k7@hotmail.com isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

We had to do some course in 4th year about eriting CVs and the like, they told us that we shouldn't use our NUIM email as we don't know how long we'll be able to access them for or if they'll be shut down after a certain amount of time after we leave the college ... So anyway, moral was make a gmail that looks professional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Has anybody else's email disappeared? As in, when I log in, the calendar and address book are still there, but no mail... :confused:

edit aaaand it's back

plumpote wrote: »
    Has anybody else's email disappeared? As in, when I log in, the calendar and address book are still there, but no mail... :confused:

edit aaaand it's back

Ah they must have been turning our emails into MU cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

They're just milking it now.

I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement

@mumail is just udderly ridiculous.....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Maybe some of the money should be used to improve the north campus a little, in winter it looks like Pripyat! :P

Maybe some of the money should be used to improve the north campus a little, in winter it looks like Pripyat! :P

Everything behind JH looks pretty grim it has to be said. Rye Hall and some of the Admin buildings look like prison blocks. I think most people agree that burning down the Arts block would do a lot for the aesthetics of the North Campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Xscreamokidx

Definitely, grey everywhere behind JH

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

thelad95 wrote: »
    Rye Hall

Don't insult me like that </3

• Advertisement

Rye Hall just shouldn't be allowed.

banquo wrote: »
    Rye Hall just shouldn't be allowed.

I'm living there next year :P

Haha. "Living."

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone here ever live in The Quiet Zone actually?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Anyone here ever live in The Quiet Zone actually?

Is that not mostly filled with masters and PhD students?

Is that not mostly filled with masters and PhD students?

I know second years in there this year... Ill be there next year along with 8 other pals I know so I dont think it'll be mostly filled with them then lol

I know second years in there this year... Ill be there next year along with 8 other pals I know so I dont think it'll be mostly filled with them then lol

Are you final year next year? It would be really handy for final year. What are the restrictions like? Is it the same as the rest except you can't have parties or prinks?

Actually where is the quiet zone?

Are you final year next year? It would be really handy for final year. What are the restrictions like? Is it the same as the rest except you can't have parties or prinks?

Actually where is the quiet zone?

Yea I am, thats why I was thinking it's just easier to be on campus than to not tbh. And it's nice that there wont just be parties on 3 times a week in the apartment lol
    Thats what Im sort of wondering though how stuffy it is there for day and evening noise levels and apparently cleanliness is a big thing.

I think it changes each year, but Im in Erne next year :)
    So excited to be in River, I was in Village last year and just dreamed of the luxurious life of River haha

Yea I am, thats why I was thinking it's just easier to be on campus than to not tbh. And it's nice that there wont just be parties on 3 times a week in the apartment lol
    Thats what Im sort of wondering though how stuffy it is there for day and evening noise levels and apparently cleanliness is a big thing.

I think it changes each year, but Im in Erne next year :)
    So excited to be in River, I was in Village last year and just dreamed of the luxurious life of River haha

Yeah Village walls are paper thin. I was drinking in one of the apartments during Freshers week and without going into too much detail, you could hear EVERYTHING ;) going on upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Yeah Village walls are paper thin. I was drinking in one of the apartments during Freshers week and without going into too much detail, you could hear EVERYTHING ;) going on upstairs.

Sorry about that!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone know the story with the room u can get for random nights in south campus,? just posted on a dfeerent thread but dont think il get any replies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone know the story with the room u can get for random nights in south campus,? just posted on a dfeerent thread but dont think il get any replies

I just replied on the other thread.

Stop Im well aware
    I was the bedroom between the kitchen/sitting room last year and the housemate whos girlfriend stayed over nearly every night. Mad fun haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Attention all library users: Lost 2L of milk, last seen on 1st floor of library if found please reunite us. Poor milky is dearly missed :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Attention all library users: Lost 2L of milk, last seen on 1st floor of library if found please reunite us. Poor milky is dearly missed :(

I really hope that that gets found soon considering it's the weekend...

Though I did once abandon a carton of cranberry juice on a shelf there. When I sent back for it it was gone :-(

Has anyone ever actually been refused entry to the library for bringing in food? I bought in a large coffee and sandwich from starbucks without anyone at the desk batting an eyelid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Has anyone ever actually been refused entry to the library for bringing in food? I bought in a large coffee and sandwich from starbucks without anyone at the desk batting an eyelid.

Yes, the librarians have gotten bitchy with me in the past. They get more on edge around exam time. That's why I always bring a roomy bag ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I really hope that that gets found soon considering it's the weekend...

Though I did once abandon a carton of cranberry juice on a shelf there. When I sent back for it it was gone :-(

It was freshly bought and still sealed so hopefully the smell wont be as bad !

I searched everywhere for it but no such luck :(

RIP Milky, you were a great friend for those 5 mins it took to walk from Londis to the Library.

Does anyone know much about the one off rooms you can rent on South Campus? Are they specifically for Maynooth students or could you book one for a friend through your own student ID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Not sure of the price but anyone can rent them afaik.

Advertisement