Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland in 2111

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

wel be ****ed as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Life will be very easy for people in 2111. There will be robots in every household doing the cooking, cleaning, washing etc. Your fridge and cupboard will know when to reorder food from the supermarket and will do so automatically. You wont have to drive anywhere, this will be done by the real time sat nav system in conjunction with laser guided precision technology and sensors. Accidents and road deaths will be a thing of the past. A cure for almost every known illness and disease will have been found. Men will be 6 foot 6 on average and women will be 6 foot 1 on average. Few animals will exist in the wild, most of them will be extinct as a result of their territories being invaded by an ever increasing human population. China will be the only super power after America's humilitating default. Most of the worlds wealth will be in china and western civilisation will be a very different place to how it is today. The internet and other forms of communication will be severly limited due to the influence of china. Travel by aeroplane and hovercars will be 5 times faster than todays speed of travel. Holographic video conferencing and holographic travel will be the big new thing and will result in a lot less travel to foreign countries. Thats all I can think of for now but I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg, and people in hundred years will look back at this thread and howl with laughter as to how limited and short sighted my vision of the future is.

cool movie bro..whens it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    Sure you don't want to post up some blackface theatre or maybe a few videos of chinese guys with big teeth and fishbowl glasses? Maybe a KKK rally to round off the evening?

Sensitive, much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Sensitive, much?
    Not at all, I usually greet racist **** with guffaws of halitosis-scented laughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

Not at all, I usually greet racist **** with guffaws of halitosis-scented laughter.

Sigh....Context:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Milligan

And it's about as racist as a transnational jibe can be, which is to say nationalist because last time I looked we're caucasian as well.

And in light of the politicians we vote and the state of our country, get used to the fact such negative stereotypes exist for a reason. They might not be accurate and are certainly unfair to the individual, but they do come back to haunt us time and time again because of the faults of our society we are too slow to address and our endless tolerance of things done wrong in plain view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

ireland along with the rest of the world will be gone in 2012 sure..... dipsh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andyreville

mcgarry098 wrote: »
    ireland along with the rest of the world will be gone in 2012 sure..... dipsh1t
    Twill alright.

Sigh....Context:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Milligan

And it's about as racist as a transnational jibe can be, which is to say nationalist because last time I looked we're caucasian as well.
    Sorry, just because your skin colour happens to be the same doesn't mean it is impossible to be racist. I mean if I was to say all English people were racists who take it up the arse, that would be racist too. It's not like their national broadcaster hasn't had to apologise for blatant anti-Irish sentiments in the very recent past, sentiments which wider English society takes for granted.

So yes, I would view that "jibe" as being very much like blackface or bucked toothed Chinese caricatures. All in good fun hasn't worked for bullies since the school playground, so I'd drop it fairly quick if I were you.
    And in light of the politicians we vote and the state of our country, get used to the fact such negative stereotypes exist for a reason. They might not be accurate and are certainly unfair to the individual, but they do come back to haunt us time and time again because of the faults of our society we are too slow to address and our endless tolerance of things done wrong in plain view.
    And here we get to the reason why the "jibe" isn't acceptable, the simpler souls start taking it seriously. The video shows a shower of workshy drunken incompetent imbeciles.
    • Workshy -> unemployment was actually below the acceptable minimum during the boom, and that's with half a million immigrants who would have caused a race riot in jolly old blighty, and it wouldn't be the first time.
    • Drunken -> Irish alcohol intake was well below the European norm prior to 2000 and never exceeded the average by more than a couple of percent.
    • Incompetent - > And yet we've managed to attract and keep billions worth of multinationals who demand precision in the engineering, research and production of pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
    • Imbeciles - > There were complaints about the value of a Degree in Ireland becoming diluted because there were too many people getting them.
    So now that's disposed of, maybe you could share with the group how electing a bad political party, which many many countries have done, often to their lasting regret (and I include the UK in that, which is about one step behind us financially, just nobody cares since they aren't in the Euro), leads you personally to believe that any part of the above slanderous piece of crap has any basis in reality?

Or you could retract your statement and apologise.

The way some presumably local posters around this place carry on you'd swear Ireland was the ninth pit or something. Bad things happen in other countries as well, I mean the Germans were shoving women and children into gas chambers by the million within living memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    ah you do know whats happening in 2012 dont you?

Yep - doomsayers will say it was actually 2013 that was the end of the world and well have another year of it.

Then theyll realise the forgot to carry the one so it was 2020 all along.

In 2111 all houses will have solar tiles. Because of the various climate related nuclear meltdowns electric distribution will be mostly local. Water costs will be much higher (think petrol prices today).

Beds will use ionized matter to reduce flattening. Ireland's birthrate will have dropped. Cars will drive themselves but will not use petrol as we know it. Maybe hydrogen.

The latest music will be "noise-wash", a rhythm of static.

Copyright law will have changed completely. Artists get paid by public funds with chart voting. Other artists will be registered in other ways for grants.

Software patents will be more established but short term.

There will be way more technological implants (advanced cochlear impants, Luke skywalker type robotic hands) but genetic modification will still be in its infancy.

Atheism will be more accepted but will remain a minority. The Catholic Church will have recovered from the current scandals.

Education will be partially virtualized (foreign teachers) but there will still be local classrooms.

There will be downloadable themes for house decorations as walls and ceilings have embedded screen technology.

We may have discovered some kind (vague) signal from space. It will not give us any technological or cultural information but represents our first evidence of possible extra terrestrial intelligence.

Buying a non-farmed fish will be the equivalent of buying caviar today.

America will be a shell of its former self. Europe will have grown in strength with China still looking west for innovation. China will be close to landing a man on Mars however.

Paper books will be more valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

ottostreet wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why there is references to GAA scattering through this thread...like anyone gives a ****e how many All-Irelands such and such a county has won.

Jaysus there's more important things than that.

Of course there are more important things than that, but some people happen to like the sports and follow them. They're a pretty big part of Irish culture so I'd expect them to crop up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Sure you don't want to post up some blackface theatre or maybe a few videos of chinese guys with big teeth and fishbowl glasses? Maybe a KKK rally to round off the evening?
    Sure you don't want to learn how to spot a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

The latest music will be "noise-wash", a rhythm of static.

Gotcha covered, homie.

Sure you don't want to learn how to spot a joke?
    You seriously found that funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Based on some maps Ive seen modelled on global warming predictions sea level rise will turn this Island into "the archipelago formerly known as Ireland". Large parts of its once largest cities will be underwater (or subjected to flooding so frequently as to be effectively uninhabitable) :eek:

Nevertheless the issue of jurisdiction over the Northeastern Islands in the archipelago will still be hotly debated on a regular basis on the regional board of boards.eu despite the role of National parliaments within the "European" superstate being reduced to little more than that of county councils today. The other big topic being the "European" superstates title being still appropriate following its expansion into parts of North Africa the Middle East and central Asia (Russia having held out for a long time eventually succumbs to the inevitable).
    I mean the Germans were shoving women and children into gas chambers by the million within living memory.

Shoving Adult blokes into gas chambers being fine and dandy ????
    Atheism will be more accepted but will remain a minority. The Catholic Church will have recovered from the current scandals..

Regular church attendance in many parts of the country is well below 50% now so the notion that Atheism will remain a minority is a bit of a stretch having said that as all parties involved in "the current scandals" die off the whole business will come to regarded as one of the more minor blots (in comparison with say the inquisition or crusades) on the blot of the organisations copybook. All religions will come to be regarded as minority interests with negligible influence on wider society with their adherents viewed as somewhat eccentric but largely treated with somewhat bemused tolerance. As is the case in most European countries (even those who still theoretically have some form of established state religion) today.

Irish speaking with an English accent.

You seriously found that funny?
    Well I didn't find it offensive

Well I didn't find it offensive
    So? It's extremely offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Spike Milligan is Irish....

John Doe1 wrote: »

Was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Alibaba wrote: »
    Football All Irelands

Kerry --- 115 :D
    Cork
    Dublin --- 23

Whatever the equivelant of the Herald will be declaring that 'this is Dublins year" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

John Doe1 wrote: »
    He was born in India and was only forced to become an Irish citizen at age 44 after the British government declared him stateless; he spent most of his life working in the UK, which is a great place to develop an informed and complete sense of an Irish identity. And it wasn't the first time he had taken the racial route to get cheap laughs, he had a show cancelled on account of it.

Besides all of which, it doesn't matter who the hell created it. It's pure blackface territory.

So? It's extremely offensive.
    Think I'm just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, cos I respect your posts and usually agree with what you say

Sorry, just because your skin colour happens to be the same doesn't mean it is impossible to be racist. I mean if I was to say all English people were racists who take it up the arse, that would be racist too. It's not like their national broadcaster hasn't had to apologise for blatant anti-Irish sentiments in the very recent past, sentiments which wider English society takes for granted.

So yes, I would view that "jibe" as being very much like blackface or bucked toothed Chinese caricatures. All in good fun hasn't worked for bullies since the school playground, so I'd drop it fairly quick if I were you.
    We have essentially the same anthropological origin as the UK, so no it's not racist, at worst it's xenophobic! Get it right and don't try to intimidate me in to "dropping it". You're wrong on this one, plain and simple...in fact it doesn't even class as xenophobia because Milligan was Irish himself, nah it self depreciating humor, if you don't get it fine, but it sure as hell ain't racism.
    And here we get to the reason why the "jibe" isn't acceptable, the simpler souls start taking it seriously. The video shows a shower of workshy drunken incompetent imbeciles.
    Milligan knew dark and self deprecating humor best, it's clear that this is an obvious pisstake, and no doubt rang true from the people who left to the UK to work and get away from the cycle of unemployment and alcoholism here.
    • Workshy -> unemployment was actually below the acceptable minimum during the boom, and that's with half a million immigrants who would have caused a race riot in jolly old blighty, and it wouldn't be the first time.
    And yet you're over in politics all the time complaining how inefficient our public services are. Just because you're employed doesn't mean you aren't work shy, I've seen plenty of examples in my time. That said however I agree, people did work hard during the boom and made hay while the sun shined, so I concede this one.
    • Drunken -> Irish alcohol intake was well below the European norm prior to 2000 and never exceeded the average by more than a couple of percent.
    And post 2000 we led the world in Alcohol consumption! Our highest office went on the radio drunk for goodness sake! Only Boris Yeltsen brought higher shame in recent history. Our culture revolves around the pub FFS! I've lived in over 6 countries at this stage, and only one of those even came close to the amount of Public drunkenness I've seen in this country! I've known lads to go out on the piss, only to return to the office to sleep under the desk. Other professional environments that I have experienced in other countries would not tolerate anything close to this, including coming in to work hungover, yet it happens in Ireland.....A LOT
    • Incompetent - > And yet we've managed to attract and keep billions worth of multinationals who demand precision in the engineering, research and production of pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
    Look at the state of our economy and politics as well as some state run services....ENOUGH SAID!
    • Imbeciles - > There were complaints about the value of a Degree in Ireland becoming diluted because there were too many people getting them.
    That's for now, the piece Milligan did was over 40 years ago and yes, there were more pig ignorant imbeciles around back then. That's history, be happy it's past.

So now that's disposed of, maybe you could share with the group how electing a bad political party, which many many countries have done, often to their lasting regret (and I include the UK in that, which is about one step behind us financially, just nobody cares since they aren't in the Euro), leads you personally to believe that any part of the above slanderous piece of crap has any basis in reality?
    As I said, that piece was made well in the past, and like it or not, our past demons keep coming back to haunt us again and again. Like it or not, we are in some part, no matter how small, responsible for our negative perceptions. It's this unwillingness to engage what is wrong that has us in the state we are...end...of...story!

Or you could retract your statement and apologise.
    Or you could come down of your high horse and get over yourself!
    The way some presumably local posters around this place carry on you'd swear Ireland was the ninth pit or something. Bad things happen in other countries as well, I mean the Germans were shoving women and children into gas chambers by the million within living memory.

And you're the one who started crying racism for Milligans pisstake on stereotypes!

Un-Fcuking-Believable!
    Honestly, I had a higher opinion of you until now. Good luck to ya!

Also, why on earth would I want to retract, much less apologize for this?

We have essentially the same anthropological origin as the UK, so no it's not racist, at worst it's xenophobic! Get it right and don't try to intimidate me in to "dropping it". You're wrong on this one, plain and simple...in fact it doesn't even class as xenophobia because Milligan was Irish himself, nah it self depreciating humor, if you don't get it fine, but it sure as hell ain't racism.
    Hi, read the thread. And of course you can use the term racism even between similiar skin colours. :rolleyes:
    Milligan knew dark and self deprecating humor best, it's clear that this is an obvious pisstake, and no doubt rang true from the people who left to the UK to work and get away from the cycle of unemployment and alcoholism here.
    Milligan knew how to get cheap laughs by pulling the "aw rook arike tee hee" line.
    And yet you're over in politics all the time complaining how inefficient our public services are. Just because you're employed doesn't mean you aren't work shy, I've seen plenty of examples in my time. That said however I agree, people did work hard during the boom and made hay while the sun shined, so I concede this one.
    Thanks.
    And post 2000 we led the world in Alcohol consumption!
    Bullshit. We're at number 15 now apparently, and within a hair's breadth of France and the UK.
    Our culture revolves around the pub FFS! I've lived in over 6 countries at this stage, and only one of those even came close to the amount of Public drunkenness I've seen in this country! I've known lads to go out on the piss, only to return to the office to sleep under the desk. Other professional environments that I have experienced in other countries would not tolerate anything close to this, including coming in to work hungover, yet it happens in Ireland.....A LOT
    Awesome, but this is all your opinon, which is hearsay at best.
    Look at the state of our economy and politics as well as some state run services....ENOUGH SAID!
    Yeah, it's not like any other country in the world is in trouble these days... oh wait...
    That's for now, the piece Milligan did was over 40 years ago and yes, there were more pig ignorant imbeciles around back then. That's history, be happy it's past.
    Certainly, I'd qualify the people laughing at that sketch as pig ignorant imbeciles.
    As I said, that piece was made well in the past, and like it or not, our past demons keep coming back to haunt us again and again. Like it or not, we are in some part, no matter how small, responsible for our negative perceptions. It's this unwillingness to engage what is wrong that has us in the state we are...end...of...story!
    Maybe your past demons buddy. I for one don't choose to swallow the racist lackwittery that some try to fig leaf as "just messin'".
    And you're the one who started crying racism for Milligans pisstake on stereotypes!

Un-Fcuking-Believable!
    Er, that's not a stereotype, they really did shove millions of women and children into gas chambers.
    Honestly, I had a higher opinion of you until now. Good luck to ya!
    As you're the one making out that blackface theatre has some basis in reality, your opinion is duly noted, and filed.

Hi, read the thread. And of course you can use the term racism even between similiar skin colours. :rolleyes:
    Then if race is and racism are not definitive of differences in anthropological origin, what meaning do the words have? Be sure to tell the worlds universities of you're new discovery on the meaning of these terms thus invalidating everything defined until now.
    Milligan knew how to get cheap laughs by pulling the "aw rook arike tee hee" line.
    Really? Go for it with a link then.

Bullshit. We're at number 15 now apparently, and within a hair's breadth of France and the UK.
    http://www.newswhip.ie/national-2/new-who-figures-on-alcohol-use-ireland-dangerously-close-to-the-top
    For the Irish male drinker, it is 26.6 liters of pure alcohol per annum, and 55.6% of Irishmen are classified as “heavy and episodic drinkers.” That’s UN-speak for “prone to getting langers.” Not surprising when 26.6 litres equate to about 1,000 pints. That’s three per day. Except we don’t drink them like that – it’s more like 10 twice a week.
    A decline that correlates with the recession and peoples inability to spend as much on going out doesn't invalidate the last ten years.
    Awesome, but this is all your opinon, which is hearsay at best.
    No, this is my direct experience of what is and isn't acceptable in other societies. Ignore it at your peril.
    Certainly, I'd qualify the people laughing at that sketch as pig ignorant imbeciles.
    Good for you, hope you feel well in your sense of superiority.
    Maybe your past demons buddy. I for one don't choose to swallow the racist lackwittery that some try to fig leaf as "just messin'".
    They might not be accurate and are certainly unfair to the individual, but they do come back to haunt us time and time again because of the faults of our society we are too slow to address and our endless tolerance of things done wrong in plain view.
    Er, that's not a stereotype, they really did shove millions of women and children into gas chambers.
    The history is undeniable, the fact that it's the first thing you grab at is the stereotype and violates Godwins law to boot.....well done.
    As you're the one making out that blackface theatre has some basis in reality, your opinion is duly noted, and filed.
    Nope, I'm saying negative perceptions don't arise for no reason, either work to address it or continue on in ignorance for ever......

Then if race is and racism are not definitive of differences in anthropological origin, what meaning do the words have? Be sure to tell the worlds universities of you're new discovery on the meaning of these terms thus invalidating everything defined until now.

Really? Go for it with a link then.

A decline that correlates with the recession and peoples inability to spend as much on going out doesn't invalidate the last ten years.

No, this is my direct experience of what is and isn't acceptable in other societies. Ignore it at your peril.

Good for you, hope you feel well in your sense of superiority.

The history is undeniable, the fact that it's the first thing you grab at is the stereotype and violates Godwins law to boot.....well done.

Nope, I'm saying negative perceptions don't arise for no reason, either work to address it or continue on in ignorance for ever......
    Alright so.

According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination. You can be of the same "race", however that is defined, and still be racist against other ethnicities. A swing and a miss.

Spike Milligan's Till Death Us Do Part, with Milligan actually putting on blackface to play a half-Pakistani/half-Irish factory worker, cancelled after six episodes for excessively racist epithets. The Melting Pot, another that never made it past the pilot for being too offensive. A swing and a miss.

Some information on alcohol intake
    In countries such as Ireland, the UK and Denmark, what is termed "binge" drinking is common. This refers to reserving drinking alcohol for a few days a week - usually from Thursday and then consuming 4 or more liters of beer or 7 pints of beer in an evening. The intention of some younger drinkers is actually to get drunk/merry when heading out on an evening to drink.

Ireland's per capita litre consumption increased from 7.0 in 1970 to 14.5 in 2001 according to the World Health Organization and 13.5 in 2004. This compares with 20.4 in France in 1970 down to 13.0 in 2004.

McCoy wrote in The Irish Times that that spending on alcohol is recorded differently across the EU in contrast to Ireland. When comparisons of alcohol consumption are made, distinction is normally made between spending on alcohol in pubs on the one hand and in off-licences on the other. In most European countries only spending in off-licences is attributed to the category "alcohol" in national statistics, whereas money spent in pubs and restaurants is included in categories such as "recreation" or "entertainment".

The Irish numbers, in contrast, include spending in off-licences and pub sales combined. A recent Drinks Industry Group of Ireland report estimated that 70 per cent of alcohol in Ireland is bought in pubs and restaurants. This is a substantially higher proportion than our European counterparts, largely due to the greater propensity for Irish people to drink in pubs and restaurants rather than at home. The inclusion of both categories therefore greatly inflates alcohol expenditure levels in Ireland in comparison with other EU countries. While there is a continuing trend towards more off-licence sales in Ireland, it is the classification distinction that significantly explains the exaggerated comparisons of Irish alcohol expenditure with other countries.
    And some information on racism regarding alcoholic stereotyping, like what you're doing
    Stereotypes of drunkenness may be based on racism or xenophobia, as in the depiction of the Irish as heavy drinkers.

In my experience going down the pub for a quick pint during lunch is considered far, far more acceptable in the UK than here. In fact there was a recent thread here on AH which supported this. And yes, I am enjoying my sense of superiority over chuckleheads laughing at blackface theatre. Another swing and a miss.

Please look up the definition of "stereotype", because it does not mean what you think it means.

Negative perceptions arise for many reasons. In this particular case, my guess is that racist propaganda was being put out to pander to the natural instinct of the non-Irish audience that they were superior. Simple really.

Now, retract your comment that "blackface" type shows had any basis in reality, or be damned for a racist yourself.

Alright so.

According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination. You can be of the same "race", however that is defined, and still be racist against other ethnicities. A swing and a miss.
    Sure, now its about ethnicity, whatever. Xenophobic might be the term you're looking for, but it still ain't racism ;)
    Spike Milligan's Till Death Us Do Part, with Milligan actually putting on blackface to play a half-Pakistani/half-Irish factory worker, cancelled after six episodes for excessively racist epithets. The Melting Pot, another that never made it past the pilot for being too offensive. A swing and a miss.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/tilldeathusdopart/

Till Death gave us the world Alf Garnett and gave Britain a comedic way to understand the changes hitting it in the 1960s and 1970s. Seven series were produced from 1965-1975, and Alf Garnett became a legend.

Garnett was a character whom both writer Johnny Speight and actor Warren Mitchell loathed. Racist, hating everything around him, his tirades are funny because they cannot be taken seriously.

By allowing a hideous bigot to express his bigotry, Speight made fun of those who feared change.

Most people got it(Tho not you apparently) – that he was everything wrong with the nation in one man. A few diehard racists never got it, and thought he was just telling it like it was, much to Speight's despair.

A master satirist perhaps writing too well at times, Speight had a genius for making punches count – such as when he appropriated Mary Whitehouse, who had spoken out against the show, and made Garnett a big fan.
    Negative perceptions arise for many reasons. In this particular case, my guess is that racist propaganda was being put out to pander to the natural instinct of the non-Irish audience that they were superior. Simple really.

Or you don't have a sense of humor, as we don't see anyone else kicking off about it do we? :)

With regard to the booze links you posted...GREAT, we're not as bad as other bad examples, fine, let's just ignore it all then, alcoholism is not a problem in this country, I don't know people who have died in drink driving, and all the things I've seen with my own eye's don't exist. The Irish don't deserve a reputation for drinking at all, as we're all a fine bunch of good catholic teatotallers. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Now, retract your comment that "blackface" type shows had any basis in reality, or be damned for a racist yourself.

So either pander to your willingness to ignore context and wrap the facts around yourself, or be labeled a racist by someone who can't get over their own sense of self importance.......Nice Try

Speaking of Blackface:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet

So by the same logic, the entire country of the Netherlands are all racist....funny thing tho, real funny thing, the Black Dutch didnt' seem to find it racist....reality is more complex then you would bend it to suit your opinions.

But yeah, seeing as I'm Irish myself, pointing out the faults of the Irish, sure, fine whatever, I'm a racist:

That's two comedians who'll have a far finer grasp on this issue then you will ever have ;)

It should be noted that Chappelle has also drawn on the ultra negative stereotypes of Black and White America which has won him praise and respect for his ability to take on race in a satirical sense just as Milligan did, and funnily enough, he played Whiteface in doing so:

Just because you don't get it means you have the right to call me a racist, I suggest you retract some of your statements since that seems to be the grandstanding you wish to engage in......
    WITHDRAW!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Alibaba

Ireland in 2111 ;
    We probably wont be just an independent state but we'll probably be just one of The United States Of Europe same as the USA.
    Space travel will be common just like flying today.
    You'll be able to travel from Ireland to the US in just 20 mins.
    Cars will drive themselves through gps etc.
    Fianna Fail won't still be in power...
    Enda Kenny III will still be Taoiseach... yawn...
    Gay Byrne will still be on telly.... and will probably run for President...
    Jedward will find performing a struggle with walking aids ...and will look ridiculous with quiffs at 122...:rolleyes:

And all of this will happen..........................if somebody somewhere doesn't accidentally press the wrong button and blow us all into smithereens.........:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement