Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland in 2111

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

More aquatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

wonder what people were saying when this was asked a hundred years ago?

I remember watching reeling in the years on rte and they were asking people in the 80s what life would be like in 2000. There was some crazy answers like flying cars etc and that was only 20 years into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Chips Ahoy wrote: »
    I remember watching reeling in the years on rte and they were asking people in the 80s what life would be like in 2000. There was some crazy answers like flying cars etc and that was only 20 years into the future.

We have become so jaded as a result of Back To The Future II.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ill be a head in a jar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Half of Ireland will be doing the same as now. Kids going to college, getting jobs in multinationals etc. The other half will be living in ghettoes where the police don't bother going any more. You all should start thinking n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

steve9859 wrote: »
    Half of Ireland will be doing the same as now. Kids going to college, getting jobs in multinationals etc. The other half will be living in ghettoes where the police don't bother going any more. You all should start thinking n
    ...thinking of finishing our sentences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Redlion wrote: »
    steve9859 wrote: »
    ...thinking of finishing our sentences?

I'll ask my great great grandkid to bump the thread in 2111 and finish it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Alibaba

Seen this add on tv in 2111....

Ryanair flights to MARS only E9.99 plus taxes and charges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Alibaba wrote: »

Ryanair flights to MARS only E9.99 plus taxes and charges
    Dangerous thing, the Irish space program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

What will Ireland be like in 100 years time ?

Something along the lines of Britains infrastructure today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

The Emerald Isle will have become The Ebony Isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

At some point it'll have to be upgraded to a Class II Relic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Looks like they still haven't fixed the education system by then!

Either that or the time-travel involved has fried your linguistics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

everybody will look the same....plastic surgery gone mad

Ireland wll be led by a right-wing group and we'll be rebelling again. Cue civil war cue freedom cue making and blowing all our money, back to poverty...ad infinitum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Monty.

Still paying off the Irish Golden circle's private gambling debts for them

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Alibaba

Global warming huge phenomenom.
    Costa del EIRE - summer highs of 35 deg. monsoon rains plus hurricanes.
    Winters ; -25 deg 4ft of snow , No of salt for the roads (some things never change, Shipments arrive in May :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Ireland in 2111

Dublin will be the 'New Amsterdam'

People everywhere will be using horses instead of cars because of our leaders, the Green party.

Northern Ireland will have been ethically cleansed of all 'English elements' during the great 'Green Summer of 2066'

St. Patrick will have made his 2nd coming to Ireland and will finally get rid of all the snakes (politicians)

President of the US, the cybernetically cloned robot of Arnie Schwarzenegger, will wooo the Irish people as takes a trip to his ancestral home of Termonfeckin

Galway will be the Irish 'San Francisco'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

By that stage we'll be partitioned between America and England and will be planning revolution to coincide with Easter 2116..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Fucked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Petrol will be €175 per litre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

Life will be very easy for people in 2111. There will be robots in every household doing the cooking, cleaning, washing etc. Your fridge and cupboard will know when to reorder food from the supermarket and will do so automatically. You wont have to drive anywhere, this will be done by the real time sat nav system in conjunction with laser guided precision technology and sensors. Accidents and road deaths will be a thing of the past. A cure for almost every known illness and disease will have been found. Men will be 6 foot 6 on average and women will be 6 foot 1 on average. Few animals will exist in the wild, most of them will be extinct as a result of their territories being invaded by an ever increasing human population. China will be the only super power after America's humilitating default. Most of the worlds wealth will be in china and western civilisation will be a very different place to how it is today. The internet and other forms of communication will be severly limited due to the influence of china. Travel by aeroplane and hovercars will be 5 times faster than todays speed of travel. Holographic video conferencing and holographic travel will be the big new thing and will result in a lot less travel to foreign countries. Thats all I can think of for now but I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg, and people in hundred years will look back at this thread and howl with laughter as to how limited and short sighted my vision of the future is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Sum name.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

cosmicfart wrote: »
    Ireland in 2111

Dublin will be the 'New Amsterdam'

People everywhere will be using horses instead of cars because of our leaders, the Green party.

Northern Ireland will have been ethically cleansed of all 'English elements' during the great 'Green Summer of 2066'

St. Patrick will have made his 2nd coming to Ireland and will finally get rid of all the snakes (politicians)

President of the US, the cybernetically cloned robot of Arnie Schwarzenegger, will wooo the Irish people as takes a trip to his ancestral home of Termonfeckin

Galway will be the Irish 'San Francisco'

And we'll have our own Las Vegas in the hills of Donegal! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Mayo will have heavily lost their 43rd All-Ireland final to Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

:pac:
    later10 wrote: »
    This thread will probably be referenced by whatever the 22nd century's version of The Irish Times might be.

i wll have to think carefully before writing down my opinion, then 100 years later....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'm just wondering why there is references to GAA scattering through this thread...like anyone gives a ****e how many All-Irelands such and such a county has won.

Jaysus there's more important things than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

ottostreet wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why there is references to GAA scattering through this thread...like anyone gives a ****e how many All-Irelands such and such a county has won.

Jaysus there's more important things than that.

Of course there are but why does it bother you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

ch750536 wrote: »
    Dangerous thing, the Irish space program.
    Sure you don't want to post up some blackface theatre or maybe a few videos of chinese guys with big teeth and fishbowl glasses? Maybe a KKK rally to round off the evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Of course there are but why does it bother you?

Because this is serious fcuking business, that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Superbus wrote: »
    Because this is serious fcuking business, that's why.

Wow! were your previous 1814 posts as incisive as that one?

Advertisement