Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive house in the world.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Bit much to be honest. The first six floors are car parks? It seems like it would take about 10 minutes to walk from your bedroom to the kitchen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That's the spirit! Who gives a fúck about anyone else? I sure don't. It doesn't matter that his neighbors are some of the poorest people on the planet, living in cardboard houses and digging through massive piles of rubbish to make a living. Fúck em, not my problem.

I'm sure your parents are very proud of you.

Oh look at you being all high and mighty.

BTW how much of your wages do you give to the poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

doesn't even look that inviting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Oh look at you being all high and mighty.

BTW how much of your wages do you give to the poor?

It's not about percentages though, it's about raw wealth..nobody needs as much money as that guy. He's the 4th richest man in the world, worth something like $29 billion dollars..he's 53 and will probably be alive for another 30 years...surely $1 billion dollars is much, much more than even the most spoiled, wasteful human being could ever want??
    He's hogging up $29 billion dollars of the world's supply of wealth...if he gave away $28 billion he could do an enormous service to the world, by putting it towards preventing people being born in the third world for example.

I'm not getting at you and I can see why you'd think it hypocritical for us to give out about him for not giving away all his money while we give very little to charity ourselves but he has a boundless amount of enormous surplus wealth that could be put to much better use than just being tied up in investments like I'm sure it is. You know, neither me nor you are forced to witness the lives of pure shít and horror that a lot of the world has to deal with, and I'd like to think any of us would feel guilty about possessing much, much more wealth than we could ever need (in my own opinion, anything over 10 million would fall into this category)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

That's some serious "fu$k you" to all of his fellow people living in poverty.
    Nothing wrong with living a good life if you've worked hard & become successful but there's no need to rub it in peoples faces either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

DubDani wrote: »
    At least his investment has already paid off. I am sure there are quite a few people in Ballsbridge who spent the same amount on a dingy house on a semi nice road (Shrewsbury Rd. for example) and won't be able to get any return on their Investment on it for at least the next 10 years.
    Yeah, but Shrewsbury road is the most expensive property on the monopoly board.

It's not about percentages though, it's about raw wealth..nobody needs as much money as that guy. He's the 4th richest man in the world, worth something like $29 billion dollars..he's 53 and will probably be alive for another 30 years...surely $1 billion dollars is much, much more than even the most spoiled, wasteful human being could ever want??
    He's hogging up $29 billion dollars of the world's supply of wealth...if he gave away $28 billion he could do an enormous service to the world, by putting it towards preventing people being born in the third world for example.

Bollox to that.
    Anglo Irish need it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

He failed miserably there...

If I spent $1bn on a house I would at least expect it to be navigable by means of a motocross bike or 125cc shifter kart... This guy has build a house which would simply tire you out having to walk to the lift all the time, never mind taking the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It only cost $77m to build but already worth $1bn?? I call bull**** because the house is one of the the ugliest buildings I've ever seen, its up there with this

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/11/ryugyong-hotel-lg.jpg

I must fire off an email about a western union transfer to this lad, he'd hardly miss a few million!

He also bought his wife a $60m Airbus corporate jet for the wife's birthday. I didnt think you could get with tastes more chav than Stephen Ireland but you learn something new everyday! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

curlzy wrote: »
    http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/luxury/indias-richest-man-builds-worlds-first-billiondollar-home-20101015-16mrg.html

"An Indian businessman has built the world's most expensive home - valued at $1 billion, with three helipads, its own air traffic control, a six-floor car park, a staff of 600, a four-storey hanging garden and a cinema.

The 173-metre tall mansion is called Antilia, after a mythical island in the Atlantic Ocean, and has just been completed after seven years of construction."

Have a look at the "home" they've built, to be honest I think it looks like an office block, wouldn't be my cup of tea. Do you like it?, yay or nay?

Bah - it's only Australian dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

A 27-storey building for his wife, three children and himself. It sounds terrifyingly lonely to be honest. 600 staff, too - i.e. surrounded by people who are there because you're paying them just highlights this point.

Sad, genuinely sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GobBluth

It looks like someone bombed liberty hall....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

money can't buy taste I see:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

That's the spirit! Who gives a fúck about anyone else? I sure don't. It doesn't matter that his neighbors are some of the poorest people on the planet, living in cardboard houses and digging through massive piles of rubbish to make a living. Fúck em, not my problem.

I'm sure your parents are very proud of you.

Most people have that attitude these days. About everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm sure it'll only be worth a fiver in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

http://irelandposters.com/dublin_city/leinster_house_dublin_ireland.html

I believe this is the most expensive house in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

kfallon wrote: »
    It's all well and good building it but he still lives in India!
    Is it in India that they wipe their bum with their hands???

No, not at all, you're thinking of Navan.

Runs away giggling to self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I heard the waitresses are bitc*es aswell, he can tell them anything to have sex, one click of the finger for BJ, two clicks for missionary (along with some creamy strawberries)

Waitbitc*es is the correct term I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

looks like it should be here!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bala

Wonder where the Richest man in Ireland lives ?

Mumbai ......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Inside is lovely, very grand and classy but the outside isnt that great at all. seriously just looks like an office/apartment block.

In fairness, how often do you spend looking at your house from the outside?

He's got other homes he can go to for some relaxation & viewing time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement