Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive house in the world.

Options
  • 19-10-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/luxury/indias-richest-man-builds-worlds-first-billiondollar-home-20101015-16mrg.html

"An Indian businessman has built the world's most expensive home - valued at $1 billion, with three helipads, its own air traffic control, a six-floor car park, a staff of 600, a four-storey hanging garden and a cinema.

The 173-metre tall mansion is called Antilia, after a mythical island in the Atlantic Ocean, and has just been completed after seven years of construction."

Have a look at the "home" they've built, to be honest I think it looks like an office block, wouldn't be my cup of tea. Do you like it?, yay or nay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's all well and good building it but he still lives in India!
    Is it in India that they wipe their bum with their hands???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

curlzy wrote: »
    http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/luxury/indias-richest-man-builds-worlds-first-billiondollar-home-20101015-16mrg.html

"An Indian businessman has built the world's most expensive home - valued at $1 billion, with three helipads, its own air traffic control, a six-floor car park, a staff of 600, a four-storey hanging garden and a cinema.

The 173-metre tall mansion is called Antilia, after a mythical island in the Atlantic Ocean, and has just been completed after seven years of construction."

Have a look at the "home" they've built, to be honest I think it looks like an office block, wouldn't be my cup of tea. Do you like it?, yay or nay?

no no no. THIS is the most expensive house in the world aparently...

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/i-signed-my-life-away-for-the-sake-of-city-centre-apartment-2106182.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

A billion dollar fanny magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Inside is lovely, very grand and classy but the outside isnt that great at all. seriously just looks like an office/apartment block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

How pointless. 600 staff? I only want 2 boiled eggs with 2 slices of toast. Sack 580 of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sykk wrote: »
    How pointless. 600 staff? I only want 2 boiled eggs with 2 slices of toast. Sack 580 of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Mumbai

Expensive home location fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Shhhh, if you really listen you can hear the sobbing of Alison O'Riordan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the fantastic four building is still better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What about Superman's Palace Of Solitude? Planning permission must've been a bitch for that thing, though I imagine the heating bill is fairly low.

Plus, he has that awesome 3D TV thing that can show stuff like Marlon Brando's head all over the walls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If I recall correctly, this is built in a particularly bad area.

Way to say **** you to the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Too many stairs and elevator music is boring too.
    I've heard Mumbai is nice. Well, certain areas of it. And fairly rich too and good standard of living for those that can afford it of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

While the home cost about $77 million to build, Mumbai's growing property prices means Antilia is now estimated to be worth 15 times more - about $1 billion.

Haven't they heard of negative equity! Give India a few years and we'll be having the last laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

Nice house:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Its basically a hotel for 1 family it is sickening how people waste their money
    a fool and their money.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

BluesBerry wrote: »

It is their money. Why should it be of conern to anyone else how they spend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

All that money and that house wont help him when the zombies attack.

Actually, it probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

At least his investment has already paid off. I am sure there are quite a few people in Ballsbridge who spent the same amount on a dingy house on a semi nice road (Shrewsbury Rd. for example) and won't be able to get any return on their Investment on it for at least the next 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Why?? I mean... WHY???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

His the fourth richest man in the world. Don't know if the ole "A fool and their money are easily parted" phase applies here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Kip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Meanwhile, on the other side of town...

http://lebbeuswoods.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/slum-mumbai1.jpg

Social justice and equality fail. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It is their money. Why should it be of conern to anyone else how they spend it?

That's the spirit! Who gives a fúck about anyone else? I sure don't. It doesn't matter that his neighbors are some of the poorest people on the planet, living in cardboard houses and digging through massive piles of rubbish to make a living. Fúck em, not my problem.

I'm sure your parents are very proud of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

curlzy wrote: »

It looks rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Money can't buy taste....

Noreen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That is for the Western world to solve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Um, your house is also 100 times better. Yes, he could give a lot to the poor - but so could you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

looks like a bad game of "jenga".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Sykk wrote:
    Ya where is the p00l and hottub??

Looks Gaudy to be honest :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

That's the spirit! Who gives a fúck about anyone else? I sure don't. It doesn't matter that his neighbors are some of the poorest people on the planet, living in cardboard houses and digging through massive piles of rubbish to make a living. Fúck em, not my problem.

I'm sure your parents are very proud of you.

Hey, attack the post, not the poster!!

Advertisement