Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shake my hand. No you Scumbag.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

What I am dying to know is how tall and big the OP is.
    I'm 6'2 and 18 stone

I'm sure it said something about morbidly obese, still sounds like a lot of cloth in a suit to me...
    Something only a Junkie Scrote would take on, with numbers behind them, sort of like a pack of skulking Hyenas would take on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

Good work, two down a lot more to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You want salt and vinegar with that thesaurus?

Do you want remedial help with your retardation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

All you had to do was humour him and he would have thought you a great lad altogether. "I know, man. Celtic Tiger prices during a recession, wha?"

I bet you were condescending as f*ck to the chap.

You where not in the office. You where in a Dublin chipper late at night. Gotta act accordingly. Some head the ball engages you in conversation: humour them.
    Anything for an easy life. You wouldn't have got into a straightner if you humoured the chap. Might have had the ears waffled off you for a few minutes, mind. Still, better than getting into a fight wearing what I imagine was an expensive suit. F*ck it though. If you wanna get into unnecessary scraps, be my guest.

There's a lot more to communication than the spoken word, btw.

Hang on the **** there. Since when did we have to start humouring the little scobie ****ers? It's bad enough that we have to sidestep the vast gobs of phlegm they hack up all over the place, have to try not to knock them down when they swagger/stumble out in front of traffic, have to hear their nasally whining around the main streets, but now we're supposed to kowtow to the little ****ers as well? **** that ****. Why don't they apologise to me for once for getting in my way? Why don't they modify their behaviour to fit in with civilised society, instead of dragging us down to their disgusting level?
    That whole situation could have been avoided fairly easily. No harm in a bit of banter with the local scobies.

Did you ever wonder if their attitude and substance abuse was somehow linked to the despair they might have felt their entire lives since the day they realised they were have-nots and were going to be left behind by an ever increasing level of snobbery and disdain from a thoughtless middle class anduntouchable upper class ?
    Most random rows I have seen involving drunks or junkies are down to someone treating them like they were a piece of sh1t, and there have been times when I was glad to see some stuck-up bellend getting a little reminder that there but for the grace of god go you or I.
    Treat people with dignity and respect and you usually get it back.

Maybe it's time that you started looking at the uncomfortable truths about that gap in society between the well-heeld and educated, and the track-suited negelcted(whether by themselves or society), Rather than slapping yourself on the back for being suited and tied.

I don't look down on people because of their clothes or accents (no matter how much they go through my head. I look down on people because of their behaviour. If you're badly behaved in public I'll label you a scobie, whether you pronounce the word "right" as "riot" or "roysh". Spitting in public, aggressively starting conversations with strangers, which is completely different from striking up a conversation, and being a general nuisance will make me think less of you.

The "have-nots" are primarily there of their own choice, sometimes that of their parents. For every drug-addled lad on the street, there are another 10 where he came from who made different choices and didn't end up like that. For the last 20+ years there has been a lot of effort put into getting people from working class communities into 3rd level education of whatever kind suits them best. There is both moral and financial support given. Many take advantage of the educational opportunities, and others can't be arsed. For those who aren't academically inclined there are other options being shown to them. There is no reason for anyone to think of themselves as a permanent "have-not". Yes, people go through some awful bad patches, yes, there are a lot of people struggling financially, but they still know right from wrong, and are still aware of how to behave in public.

If you humoured him and engaged him in some small talk; nothing would have happened. Now you're going to be looking over your shoulder everytime you waddle in and out of the office.

Humouring, humouring, humouring. Why aren't they humouring us, the civilised majority? Why are we still tolerating and excusing this ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

anncoates wrote: »
    Do you want remedial help with your retardation?

Life is like box of....

sorry what was I saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I've been told to stay off the chocolates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

I'd stay away from the cream crackers too, if I were you!

Thoie wrote: »
    Hang on the **** there. Since when did we have to start humouring the little scobie ****ers? It's bad enough that we have to sidestep the vast gobs of phlegm they hack up all over the place, have to try not to knock them down when they swagger/stumble out in front of traffic, have to hear their nasally whining around the main streets, but now we're supposed to kowtow to the little ****ers as well? **** that ****. Why don't they apologise to me for once for getting in my way? Why don't they modify their behaviour to fit in with civilised society, instead of dragging us down to their disgusting level?

Humouring, humouring, humouring. Why aren't they humouring us, the civilised majority? Why are we still tolerating and excusing this ****e?

It's a pretty rubbish environment when you have to summon your inner Steve Irwin to become a Naturalist to stop from at best getting hassled for minding your own business, at worst ending up being attacked or ending up with a Stingray Barb Knife in you...

But thats scummy Dublin for you, wouldn't spit on it if it was on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

anncoates wrote: »
    Like the way you have to act like a Fostersbeer swilling, wife beater-clad, bodybuilding racist in Australia?

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Some scumbags came in to the chipper and had a go at the guy behind the counter and then tried to start something with me. Launched one across the place and gave them both a few smacks. I didn't shake their hands at the end.

Reminds me of a story from years ago, a couple of the local na'er-do-wells went in to the chipper on Capel st. (up near the pawn shop) and started a row with the owner. Followed up very quickly by the owner pulling out a 2 x 4 with a 6 inch nail sticking out of it and chased them out of the shop and down the road.

There was never any rows in his chipper.

I sure as fcuk wouldn't have been messing with Tony.

Good chips too.

Maybe chipper owners have gone soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The Aussie wrote: »
    It's a pretty rubbish environment when you have to summon your inner Steve Irwin to become a Naturalist to stop from at best getting hassled for minding your own business, at worst ending up being attacked or ending up with a Stingray Barb Knife in you...

But thats scummy Dublin for you, wouldn't spit on it if it was on fire.

Sounds like you need to travel a bit more if you think Dublin is unsafe or unfriendly. I've been to several dozen cities and none come close to Dublin in terms of friendliness and most were far more dangerous.

Compared to what, Johanasburg?

It's not friendly/hospitable, most people in the hospitality industry are, but they are paid to, I've been abroad since the late 90's so I think I've seen a City or two in that time:rolleyes:

There is no need to get precious about Dublin, fact is it ain't that great, and the local fauna can get feral...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

A handshake can mean several things but it is a peaceful gesture. If you don't trust the person who is offering the handshake, you don't shake hands. You keep your distance because you could get injured if they attack.

Some people who commit assaults like to close the distance, whether by asking for a light or offering a handshake or whatever the excuse.

If MarkAnthony had shaken hands, he could have got a smack in the jaw from one of the pair, and if he fell down, he'd have got a kicking while he was on the ground.

I wouldn't have shaken hands with them either, tbh. It's just common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Hat tip on the beatdown OP, hopefully the scrotes might have learned something from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Completely agree. I have lived in many cities outside Ireland, and I am constantly shocked by Dublin junkies and 'in your face' skangers. It amazes me that tourists keep on coming.
    The Aussie wrote: »
    Compared to what, Johanasburg?

It's not friendly/hospitable, most people in the hospitality industry are, but they are paid to, I've been abroad since the late 90's so I think I've seen a City or two in that time:rolleyes:

There is no need to get precious about Dublin, fact is it ain't that great, and the local fauna can get feral...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

percy212 wrote: »
    Completely agree. I have lived in many cities outside Ireland, and I am constantly shocked by Dublin junkies and 'in your face' skangers. It amazes me that tourists keep on coming.

Overbearing drug addicts, fair enough but Dublin has nothing on the pestering you get in Rome, Barcelona or Paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Reminds me of a story from years ago, a couple of the local na'er-do-wells went in to the chipper on Capel st. (up near the pawn shop) and started a row with the owner. Followed up very quickly by the owner pulling out a 2 x 4 with a 6 inch nail sticking out of it and chased them out of the shop and down the road.

There was never any rows in his chipper.

I sure as fcuk wouldn't have been messing with Tony.

Good chips too.

Maybe chipper owners have gone soft.
    Hard as nails he was...

Advertisement