Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shake my hand. No you Scumbag.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I actually couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, I wont say its the first punch up I've been in but certainly it's been a few years. All the more reason they thought fatty would be bullied by them. In all honesty I did lose the plot and should have defused the situation but as I've said above I wasn't in the mood.
    Not sure if you missed the joke but a chip shop & batter etc...anyway whats done is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Ush1 wrote: »
    Did they give you a free fish an chips or were you already finished?

I'd already paid for um! It was a take away - not having a go but a few wind up merchants are trying to make out this was 2am in Isklanders on a Friday night and I had a puss on (which I did) with a load of revelers. It was actually just a late shift home and 10pm in the local take away.
    Did you read his story, he was 100% right to do 'what he had to do'... It wasn't a wee squabble at work with one of his sober work-mates, at least we'll not be reading in the paper tomorrow about a man viciously attacked in a chipper on the way home from work.... Anyway I know a lot of these comments are just trying to wind him up, deep down you all wish you could handle it like he did.

TBH I know I should have just walked out, made out I was going out for a smoke etc. but I just wasn't in the mood to be messed with. Again I was lucky it was a couple of scrawny junkies. I know I'm not putting it across very well but what was getting me was they way they just thought this was absolutely fine. Here lets shake hands as you've not felt intimidated despite being threatened (to start with) about being knifed on the way home.

Another person (the majority of people that live round here are very decent) might have felt genuinely threatened, said nothing/humoured them and that's the mentality I just can't wrap my head round. Someone hit the nail on the head further up, they were just looking for a story to tell their mates.

Plazaman wrote: »
    I've re-read this sentence several times and still have no clue what happened.

I just shake my head and say 'dunno'. He walks back up to the counter and I resume my staring into space.

His mate walks past me towards the counter and says "Don't be shaking your head at him" not referring to my previous encounter (the one in bold) but that his mate is not has got on at the guy behind the counter.

i.e. he thought I was shaking my head at his mate who'd gone back up to the counter as I wasn't biting and started on at the lad behind the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did the scobes still order there battererd burgers or did they wander off like the walking dead saying brains brains we need brains.

Maybe the chipper person didn't call the cops because there fingers were too fat to dial.

Now who has a story to tell the op 1 some serious fecked up morons 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I was at the LUAS stop earlier and someone in a tracksuit asked me had I got the time, so I told him to go f*ck himself. He looked a little taken aback and said something like "No need to be so rude", but I was wearing Armani, so I thumped him a couple of times. Also I'm 14 stone. And I had a tie on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Didn't think you would eat out of a chipper OP, you seem way too snobby for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Thinly veiled; I can handle myself because I am a relatively large human being thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

You could of avoided the situation OP but sure what's done is done. Keep an eye out for them ****ers the next time your coming home from work/going chipper. Them lads don't like when people get one up on them. Just be conscious of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Someone needed to go home and have a little rage fap.

That whole situation could have been avoided fairly easily. No harm in a bit of banter with the local scobies.

Did you ever wonder if their attitude and substance abuse was somehow linked to the despair they might have felt their entire lives since the day they realised they were have-nots and were going to be left behind by an ever increasing level of snobbery and disdain from a thoughtless middle class anduntouchable upper class ?
    Most random rows I have seen involving drunks or junkies are down to someone treating them like they were a piece of sh1t, and there have been times when I was glad to see some stuck-up bellend getting a little reminder that there but for the grace of god go you or I.
    Treat people with dignity and respect and you usually get it back.

Maybe it's time that you started looking at the uncomfortable truths about that gap in society between the well-heeld and educated, and the track-suited negelcted(whether by themselves or society), Rather than slapping yourself on the back for being suited and tied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Would you not have 'egg and chips' for your tea , 'stead of a 'fish supper'? , you some kind of Geordie basted or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Roundhouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

jeez, yiz are all fair ignorant. what's the chap's weight got to do with anything? anyway, you did right. I would have done the same. why should he make small talk with anyone, especially junkies?
    the less said, the better. if you engage with them, you're only encouraging. lived in dublin for long enough to know this. wouldn't give many drunks, junkies, general knob heads the time of day.

and i wouldn't call it banter. who gives a flying fook the price of chips…if you can't afford it, get the hell out of the shop. whats yer man supposed to do. hate that crap. working in retail is the same **** every day. i.don't.care.about. the.price.of.teabags. piss off out of my face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Oops69 wrote: »
    Would you not have 'egg and chips' for your tea , 'stead of a 'fish supper'? , you some kind of Geordie basted or what?

What's wrong with Geordies?!!
    What, ya didn't get yer hole in the big market???
    GAY!!! ;)

Someone needed to go home and have a little rage fap.

That whole situation could have been avoided fairly easily. No harm in a bit of banter with the local scobies.

Did you ever wonder if their attitude and substance abuse was somehow linked to the despair they might have felt their entire lives since the day they realised they were have-nots and were going to be left behind by an ever increasing level of snobbery and disdain from a thoughtless middle class anduntouchable upper class ?
    Most random rows I have seen involving drunks or junkies are down to someone treating them like they were a piece of sh1t, and there have been times when I was glad to see some stuck-up bellend getting a little reminder that there but for the grace of god go you or I.
    Treat people with dignity and respect and you usually get it back.

Maybe it's time that you started looking at the uncomfortable truths about that gap in society between the well-heeld and educated, and the track-suited negelcted(whether by themselves or society), Rather than slapping yourself on the back for being suited and tied.

I treat people as they treat me (well not at work but then I'm paid to be nice.) I ran several shops in my previous career, one in Dun Laoghaire (Near the methadone clinic), one on Henry St., one in the Ilac, trained for one company in Liffey street. >95% of the time if I had someone who had a substance abuse problem they were absolutely grand, they treated me and by staff with respect and were treated the same. The assumption always was that they were going to behave, they needed to do something to kill that assumption.

It was even commented on in a meeting about how we'd always let this lad bring stuff back to us and we'd swap it over for him because he couldn't read. Many people used to tell me I was being taken for a ride, I knew I wasn't.

Giving away where I live a bit more and where this happened, Oliver Bond is right behind me, there's a Simon community on the corner and the Bridgefoot flats. Many of the people in the area are dealing with some sort of disadvantage you bring up in your post. 99.99% of them would never get in someone's face for the craic. 99.99% of them are decent hard working people. I've had some contact with some of them through a community project we're all involved in. And of course through walking through the area where I always feel safe.

I'm 100% with you on the social inequality issue, that said that doesn't translate into an excuse for being threatening and intimidating. It wasn't my intention to turn this thread this serious or go on about all that **** I just wrote above but your post seemed genuine so I thought I'd give you a genuine reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oyva bigwan

Ahh heeorrr leave er ouuhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

You felt threatened and reacted violently.
    It's no braver than letting yourself be intimidated.
    Bravery means not being controlled by fear one way or another. Braver to stand your ground than to lash out.

You felt threatened and reacted violently.
    It's no braver than letting yourself be intimidated.
    Bravery means not being controlled by fear one way or another. Braver to stand your ground than to lash out.

I'm thanking most of the posts as I'm enjoying most of the jabs so thanking yours didn't convey that I wanted to say I think you're bang on with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

This has been a beautiful read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Maybe the chipper person didn't call the cops because there fingers were too fat to dial.

All 3 of them should have been skyted with hot oil until they left the premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I once saw a chipper owner in Ballyfermot get threatened by some dirtbird. He went outside and bet lumps out of your man. Never heard anything more about it. He never got threatened again either.

I know as I play football with his brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

pablo128 wrote: »
    I once saw a chipper owner in Ballyfermot get threatened by some dirtbird. He went outside and bet lumps out of your man. Never heard anything more about it. He never got threatened again either.

I know as I play football with his brother.

Yeah but what did he weigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Any yours of that sense of inverted snobbery.

If you humoured him and engaged him in some small talk; nothing would have happened. Now you're going to be looking over your shoulder everytime you waddle in and out of the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

So I'm in the chipper after work, maybe 10pm. Sitting there in my suit and tie waiting for me fish supper. Two socioeconomically challenged gentlemen walk into the establishment and start being low level dicks. Not my problem I sit there on the stool minding my own business.

Clearly both of them enjoy the odd tipple of more than the few beers they have in their hands. Again absolutely none of my business, but you know that habit Dublin junkies have of believing they're Oliver Bond's answer to Oscar Wilde one of them tries to engage with me over what he believes to be the shocking price of chips. I just shake my head and say 'dunno'. He walks back up to the counter and I resume my staring into space.

His mate walks past me towards the counter and says "Don't be shaking your head at him" not referring to my previous encounter but that his mate is not on at the guy behind the counter. Being rather late my reply was rather blunt "I'm not shaking my head at him but I'll shake my head at who the f**k I like thanks."

Anyways much squaring up and me telling them to step back later I've launched one of the scrawny ****es across the chip shop. Few mutual digs his mate decides (probably because at this point their beers are spraying everywhere coupled with the fact that I'm 6'2 and 18 stone so by sheer weight I getting the upper hand) that he's going to break it up.

Anyway what's irking me more than the moron behind the counter not calling the guards is these Scumbags were giving out because I wouldn't shake their fecking hands. You've just assaulted (and by the way I'm fully aware of the legal definition) me because I'm in a suit and tie and you thought you could be intimidating.

If you got to the end of this well done. Fully looking forward to some closure AH p!ss take style.

And then the shrooms wore off

If you humoured him and engaged him in some small talk; nothing would have happened.

when is this ever true?? by engaging, you're encouraging them.
    less said, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Sounds like a pair of criminals bit off more than they could chew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Gotta be a contender for Thread Title of The Year 2015.

One more anecdote to bore you all to death with. Proving for some I'm a stuck up middle class c**t, frankly believe what you like I know where I came from, am proud of it and know I sometimes make snap judgements on people. If you don't fair play to you. Ooops sorry just made a snap judgement you're a liar. Anyways my final post before bed.

On the luas one day and there is a howya being a bit loud just down from me. Not annoying anyone on purpose just being a bit loud. He's with his wife/partner and little kid in the buggy and I do admit I was getting a bit annoyed at him being loud, just home from work etc. but he's not in my space and I'm not in his, but impute what you'll impute about my negative feelings for the chap.

Anyways, an Asian couple get on and sit down opposite two guys in suits (I know they must be evil!) to my shock the two suits make some incredible racist remarks giving out about the audacity of the asian couple actually sitting on the seats near them when they were quite happy spreading out.

Cue Mr. Loud Howya bounding over and saying "You ever ****ing say something like that infront of my kid again and I'll knock your ****ing heads off."

I really wish I had shook the man's hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

One more anecdote to bore you all to death with. Proving for some I'm a stuck up middle class c**t, frankly believe what you like I know where I came from, am proud of it and know I sometimes make snap judgements on people. If you don't fair play to you. Ooops sorry just made a snap judgement you're a liar. Anyways my final post before bed.

On the luas one day and there is a howya being a bit loud just down from me. Not annoying anyone on purpose just being a bit loud. He's with his wife/partner and little kid in the buggy and I do admit I was getting a bit annoyed at him being loud, just home from work etc. but he's not in my space and I'm not in his, but impute what you'll impute about my negative feelings for the chap.

Anyways, an Asian couple get on and sit down opposite two guys in suits (I know they must be evil!) to my shock the two suits make some incredible racist remarks giving out about the audacity of the asian couple actually sitting on the seats near them when they were quite happy spreading out.

Cue My. Loud Howya bounding over and saying "You ever ****ing say something like that infront of my kid again and I'll knock your ****ing heads off."

I really wish I had shook the man's hand.
    Nice recovery.

I couldn't really pay attention though, I'm absolutely starving for chips right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

your right tubby OP , I wouldn't shake your hand either.

what with you being a complete dick to people, fighting in public and from a disadvantaged area etc.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for you but i'd be lying....

conorh91 wrote: »
    Nice recovery.

I couldn't really pay attention though, I'm absolutely starving for chips right now.

Just avoid the chipper just across the road (and river) and up a bit from where I imagine you spend most of your working day Conor.

Night all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

"You ever ****ing say something like that infront of my kid again and I'll knock your ****ing heads off."

The irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

berger89 wrote: »
    If you humoured him and engaged him in some small talk; nothing would have happened.

when is this ever true?? by engaging, you're encouraging them.
    less said, the better.

What a load of crap. This is the 'new Ireland' where everyone is fixated on their own personal gain, pretending they are somebody important as they stare vainly at their smartphones for the latest social media nonsense. Nobody is willing to put themselves 'out there' anymore to engage with each other as a society. Spontaneous sociability is on the wane, and so are the rewards of such activity.

It's fairly screwed up how selfish we've become in a matter of a couple of decades. And we wonder why the latest generation is a pack of anti-social blowhards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

This ranks as one of the most badly written OPs (and this is AH ffs!) Ive seen on here. Your narration of the events is baffling.

Like a Trent story without the funny.

Next!

Eramen wrote: »
    What a load of crap. This is the 'new Ireland' where everyone is fixated on their own personal gain, pretending they are somebody important as they stare vainly at their smartphones for the latest social media nonsense. Nobody is willing to put themselves 'out there' anymore to engage with each other as a society. Spontaneous sociability is on the wain, and so are the rewards of such activity.

It's fairly screwed up how selfish we've become in a matter of a couple of decades. And people wonder why the latest generation is a pack of anti-social blowhards.

Dublin city. A place known for its literary greats, night life and the fast wit of the natives. Just don't try and strike up a conversation with anyone.

Just avoid the chipper just across the road (and river) and up a bit from where I imagine you spend most of your working day Conor.

Night all.

The fryery?

berger89 wrote: »

What a load of crap. This is the 'new Ireland' where everyone is fixated on their own personal gain, pretending they are somebody important as they stare vainly at their smartphones for the latest social media nonsense. Nobody is willing to put themselves 'out there' anymore to engage with each other as a society.

It's fairly screwed up how selfish we've become in a matter of a couple of decades. And people people wonder why the latest generation is a pack of anti-social blowhards.

Not a load of crap what so ever. Not one of these snobby swipe phone smart phones fools either. I choose not to engage with drunkards and junkies…because of past experiences. It's not very nice being called derogatory names by the previously mentioned groups..just because you don't agree with what they say. At a luas stop the other day, a guy was waiting at the machines with a cup, begging. I chose to ignore him, he left me alone. my friend on the other hand, gave him change..and after that, he wouldn't stop pestering her until the luas came.
    I choose not to engage with those I feel may be a danger to me. Is that a crime?
    I am not of the latest generation who are stuck so far up their own hole they can smell their ****. today in fact I was chatting with a brother of my colleague. he's 13. we were talking about snapchat and he was telling me he was "being social" and "talking and chatting" with people on it. he had over 50,000 points to my measly 3,000… and he said he was being social? and it is a form of talking?

What a load of crap. This is the 'new Ireland' where everyone is fixated on their own personal gain, pretending they are somebody important as they stare vainly at their smartphones for the latest social media nonsense. Nobody is willing to put themselves 'out there' anymore to engage with each other as a society. Spontaneous sociability is on the wane, and so are the rewards of such activity.

It's fairly screwed up how selfish we've become in a matter of a couple of decades with complete public deracination from other people becoming more common. And we wonder why the latest generation is a pack of anti-social blowhards.
    Dublin city. A place known for its literary greats, night life and the fast wit of the natives. Just don't try and strike up a conversation with anyone.

Sorry I couldn't resist and had a log in and saw this. Lads are you for real, really?

This wasn't some inebriated guy in a pub being a bit over friendly this was a guy who walked in and immediately, unprompted and without any provocation started to be rude to the guy behind the counter. The second guy didn't say "Ah here you're not very friendly/a bit rude, he got into my face and gave me an order to try and be intimidating.

There's been some people who've been supportive of what I did, some people who thing I was just as a big a scumbag both have valid points of view. You two though, seriously.

Even if you do belive the ****e you're spouting on - do you really think it's acceptable to get into someone's face in an intimidating way when they've said absolutely nothing rude to you, even if you do perceive a slight from the way they're dressed/sitting? Lads come off it.

your right tubby OP , I wouldn't shake your hand either.

what with you being a complete dick to people, fighting in public and from a disadvantaged area etc.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for you but i'd be lying....

Complete dick by sitting there, saying nothing?

Fighting in public, you have a point.

From a disadvantaged area is a reason you wouldn't shake my hand, and I'm the dick to people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I treat people as they treat me

Fair enough.

Just be careful out there. There is nothing more dangerous than a scobie who has had half of a hiding. I would not consider it to be over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Sorry I couldn't resist and had a log in and saw this. Lads are you for real, really?

This wasn't some inebriated guy in a pub being a bit over friendly this was a guy who walked in and immediately, unprompted and without any provocation started to be rude to the guy behind the counter. The second guy didn't say "Ah here you're not very friendly/a bit rude, he got into my face and gave me an order to try and be intimidating.

There's been some people who've been supportive of what I did, some people who thing I was just as a big a scumbag both have valid points of view. You two though, seriously.

Even if you do belive the ****e you're spouting on - do you really think it's acceptable to get into someone's face in an intimidating way when they've said absolutely nothing rude to you, even if you do perceive a slight from the way they're dressed/sitting? Lads come off it.

I read your OP, and I consider both parties to be rude/idiotic. It's a situation that could've been avoided by both sides being civil and showing due cop on.

Yes, their attitude and habitual problems (alcohol related) are certainly more/highly problematic but it doesn't absolve you from the fact that what you did could easily be interpreted as being quite rude.

Lads are you for real, really?

Yes.

All you had to do is humour the chap. He brought up the price of chips. In a chipper. That doesn't sound like a guy who wants a straightner. That sounds like a guy who wants to shout the breeze with you for a few minutes. You were gruff and I've no doubt condescending to him.

No. Nobody should feel threatened whilst minding their own business. But, living in a city, you're going to have to interact with some shady enough characters at times. How you approach that interaction will determine how it turns out. If you went along with your man and made small talk; he would have thought you a sound lad.

Instead, you ended up rolling around in the damp, in an expensive suit, across the road from where you work, outside a f*cking chipper, fighting. There are cameras all over Thomas Street, btw.

You approached it all wrong. That's all I'm saying.

I read your OP, and I consider both parties to be rude/idiotic. It's a situation that could've been avoided by both sides being civil and showing due cop on.

Yes, their attitude and habitual problems (alcohol related) may be more problematic but it doesn't absolve you from the fact that what you did could easily be interpreted as being quite rude or insulting.

To clarify this was early evening by Irish standards, they weren't drunk, they had just been to the off licence and got some beers. I absolutely was rude and let my mood get the better of me. But again, there are a lot of drunks in the area who might shout something at you but don't approach you in an intimidating manner.

To colour the situation as being because I didn't engage with a guy who had just been pretty aggressive with someone else for no apparent reason is a bit far fetched to say the least.

People have a right to sit somewhere minding their own business without being threatened either directly or indirectly. Granted when they are they should call the guards and let them deal with it and not lose their temper. But again, this wasn't James Joyce with a few pints on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

OP you should have sat on them and laughed manically as they disappeared between the cheeks of your enormous àrse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Veni Vedi Vici eh OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Wearing a suit is a very big deal and definitely added to the story.

• Advertisement

All you had to do is humour the chap. He brought up the price of chips. In a chipper. That doesn't sound like a guy who wants a straightner. That sounds like a guy who wants to shout the breeze with you for a few minutes. You were gruff and I've no doubt condescending to him.

Rob, while you may have missed it from the admittedly glib OP the guy came in looking for trouble. The first thing he did was be rude to the lad behind the counter. Frankly most of the time I'd try and defuse too, again not in the mood that night. Most people would back off when they realise someone doesn't want to play.

You have this obsession with me being condescending to the guy. While frankly he deserved it for acting like he did I wasn't anything to the guy. I'm a working class lad brought up in a military town. BELIEVE me when I say I know what vibe I putting out when I've been sat in a pub with 9 squadies looking like they might have an issue with the way I've just looked at something they wanted to shag.

No. Nobody should feel threatened whilst minding their own business. But, living in a city, you're going to have to interact with some shady enough characters at times. How you approach that interaction will determine how it turns out. If you went along with your man and made small talk; he would have thought you a sound lad.

Rob, been here for 15 years, call be a blow in I don't really care. I've had interaction with people where I live, I've had interaction with people where I work (innercity) and some interaction with some of the proper criminal element in Dublin interning as I swap out of working in retail (where I've worked for the guts of twenty years interacting with people including some of the roughest Dundee and Glasgow lads you'll ever come across).

Sometimes people act in such a way that means you don't want to react to them in a positive way, in exactly the way my OP obviously got your back up.
    Instead, you were rolling around in the damp, in an expensive suit, across the road from where you work, outside a f*cking chipper, fighting.

You approached it all wrong. That's all I'm saying.

That's not all you've been saying but if it's what you're saying now I take you at your word. On that point, sometimes you've just had enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

To clarify this was early evening by Irish standards, they weren't drunk, they had just been to the off licence and got some beers. I absolutely was rude and let my mood get the better of me. But again, there are a lot of drunks in the area who might shout something at you but don't approach you in an intimidating manner.

To colour the situation as being because I didn't engage with a guy who had just been pretty aggressive with someone else for no apparent reason is a bit far fetched to say the least.

People have a right to sit somewhere minding their own business without being threatened either directly or indirectly. Granted when they are they should call the guards and let them deal with it and not lose their temper. But again, this wasn't James Joyce with a few pints on him.
    These people are everywhere and you just have to smile and be complacent otherwise you'll make it harder for yourself. It's pretty obvious you get riled up easily. Forget about it and don't go back there again.

eternal wrote: »
    These people are everywhere and you just have to smile and be complacent otherwise you'll make it harder for yourself. It's pretty obvious you get riled up easily. Forget about it and don't go back there again.

By easily you mean when two people are standing inches from your face explaining they're gonna stab you then yes. If you mean the initial exchange point taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Yes, their attitude and habitual problems (alcohol related) are certainly more/highly problematic but it doesn't absolve you from the fact that what you did could easily be interpreted as being quite rude.

See this sh!t here, I don't even listen to such crap anymore. We don't want to know how else it would have turned out ok! we don't want to know if you could be civil to these guys ok! and we don't want to know how big or how small the op is... All we want to know is that the good guy got home to see his family. Those(that) fcukin scum-bag(s) had an interaction with an innocent guy in buying a bag of chips, I know exactly how the first scum-bag came across(don'y be shaking your head at him)and I know exactly how the op felt. Sh!t was gonna happen! thank God the sh!t happened to the instigators.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

By easily you mean when two people are standing inches from your face explaining they're gonna stab you then yes. If you mean the initial exchange point taken.
    But you're even angry with me now and I'm being nice. Calm the f*** down like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement