Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

• 24-04-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

Tis even more terrible now that the weather is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I don't like water sports. Blast it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Im not in the same boat but i did go out recently first time in yrs ! Have two smalll children n im married.

But i thought oh jesus christ it must be so hard to meet someone half decent .
    My friend done all the dating site thing too she said if you wanted sex 24/7 you could get it on those sites.

Have you tried any hobbies/associations
    Supposodly hillwalking is a great way to meet people was at a weddin last yr two of them met hillwalking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/8107/1480161-chris_hansen_watching_you.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I don't like water sports. Blast it.

Blast it with... ?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

monflat wrote: »
    Im not in the same boat but i did go out recently first time in yrs ! Have two smalll children n im married.

But i thought oh jesus christ it must be so hard to meet someone half decent .
    My friend done all the dating site thing too she said if you wanted sex 24/7 you could get it on those sites.

Have you tried any hobbies/associations
    Supposodly hillwalking is a great way to meet people was at a weddin last yr two of them met hillwalking

Sounds like an idea. I may look into some activities but I guess Portlaoise is so tiny, I'm sure there must be a few things out there. Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Muise... wrote: »
    Blast it with... ?

regret.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

PM sent to the OP. I'm not looking for an easy ride, honest.

I want a hard ride. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

why dont you want sex?

i hear its great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years

Three years? I can only last 15 minutes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

At least you have options OP. Try being a guy with literally nothing at all to offer a woman. I'm in line behind the guys your dismissing waiting for a chance to get dismissed.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Three years? I can only last 15 minutes. :(

Haha, I can't have sex without feelings. I know, I'm a weirdo but I'm comfortable with that :P

At least you have options OP. Try being a guy with literally nothing at all to offer a woman. I'm in line behind the guys your dismissing waiting for a chance to get dismissed.

What makes you think you have nothing to offer?:confused:

Haha, I can't have sex without feelings. I know, I'm a weirdo but I'm comfortable with that :P

I actually live near Portlaoise if you want to meet up for a drink. Are ye daycent looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

You know what's not attractive... ?

I actually live near Portlaoise if you want to meet up for a drink. Are ye daycent looking?

:cool: Oh very hot!!! Haha:D

What makes you think you have nothing to offer?:confused:

Well maybe nothing was a bit over the top. I've got a pretty nice bike and several pairs of pants. But ya get what I mean.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    You know what's not attractive... ?

Ugliness ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Muise... wrote: »
    Blast it with... ?

Oscar Pistorius?

Well maybe nothing was a bit over the top. I've got a pretty nice bike and several pairs of pants. But ya get what I mean.

What kinda bike we talking here...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Im getting into my late 20's now where single life goes from been fun to ''ah we will have to find you a lady'' :(

forever alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

In like Flynn............... !!!

What kinda bike we talking here...?

All right I lied about the fcukin bike. But I swear I've got the pants !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Nope. I still remember the amount of effort I had to put in and lack of personal time I had in my last relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Ugliness ?

A downtrodden personality. Lack of confidence. Self pitying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is it really that bad being single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Buy a toaster -they're cheap. At least then you can offer toast. Girls love toast.

No Dice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I bring a selection of cheeses and a pair of microwavable socks to the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hell Ram

That's the spirit!

Gongoozler wrote: »
    A downtrodden personality. Lack of confidence. Self pitying

Well thanks for the pick me up. :(

major bill wrote: »
    Im getting into my late 20's now where single life goes from been fun to ''ah we will have to find you a lady'' :(

forever alone

Not if you invest in cats ;) Lots of Cats!!!

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Is it really that bad being single?

No, just would like a cuddle or some fun every now and again, it ain't that bad but I just have some days where I would like to be with someone special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ha I was actually asked was I lesbian by my mother I've been single that long. :(
    I'm not by the way.

kowloon wrote: »
    I bring a selection of cheeses and a pair of microwavable socks to the table.

Sold!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gillmelly

Single and to be honest, I'm loving the freedom again to do what I want, when I want, how I want, the way I want. Don't know if I ever will go back to it. Been there done that, bought the t-shirt.

deise08 wrote: »
    Ha I was actually asked was I lesbian by my mother I've been single that long. :(
    I'm not by the way.

Are you sure though?

Only joking ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

:D Look at all the losers trying to get the chick. Leave it out squares and let the big boys take over. Yo lady, I think I've seen your picture somewhere before. Oh yeah, that's right. It was in the dictionary next to 'KABLAM!'". Ditch these fools and take a ride with me on my BMX.

Buy a toaster -they're cheap. At least then you can offer toast. Girls love toast.

Just don't let it burn or you'll end up wishing you took it out a few seconds earlier. A bit like the pregnant girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

anyway Pissy, you ain't selling yerself with a name like that :D

• Advertisement

:D Look at all the losers trying to get the chick. Leave it out squares and let the big boys take over. Yo lady, I think I've seen your picture somewhere before. Oh yeah, that's right. It was in the dictionary next to 'KABLAM!'". Ditch these fools and take a ride with me on my BMX.

Oh Look - A REAL MAN!:rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Are you sure though?

Only joking ;)

Ha ha quite certain :-)

ya its not much fun watching everyone else having the going for walks hand in hand, meal, cinema together, just sitting in Park together. having all the coupley stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

kowloon wrote: »
    I bring a selection of cheesey socks and a pair of microwavable kebabs to the table.

Not sure that's a great selling point. Have you tried lying? Though that can backfire - a single mate of mine was chatting up a bird in the pub there a few nights back. She goes "so, what do you do?" and he goes "I'm a Vet, actually". Quick as a flash, she breaks into a huge smile and goes "wow! Me too!" How fecked was he? The lying little plumber..she asks him "Ok, prove it, what side is a horses heart on?". Things went downhill from there..

major bill wrote: »
    anyway Pissy, you ain't selling yerself with a name like that :D

Ah c'mon - its legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Well you're obviously funny :) that's a great thing to have going for you!! And with the pants you just have that added bonus..so many options, on..off :) loads going for you!! :)

Fook your BMX, I've a horse outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep kissing those frogs OP, it'll happen one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gillmelly

There's no doubt that there's decent lads out there that feel exactly the same, but at the end of the day if people are not mutually compatible in their habits and interests, they are probably better on their todd in the long run, unless someone happens to come along. If you have friends and family, then really you're grand, (families in the one house all day want to kill each other half the time) and sure if someone comes along, grand too. There's a lot to be said for your own space and doing you'e own thing, sharing it 24/7 is no picnic at times either.

deise08 wrote: »
    Ha ha quite certain :-)

ya its not much fun watching everyone else having the going for walks hand in hand, meal, cinema together, just sitting in Park together. having all the coupley stuff.

I know what you mean! We'll have our day! :) All we can do til then is aim to feel amazing inside and out and put ourselves out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

gillmelly wrote: »
    Single and to be honest, I'm loving the freedom again to do what I want, when I want, how I want, the way I want. Don't know if I ever will go back to it. Been there done that, bought the t-shirt.

If your previous relationship meant that you couldn't do things when, how, and the way you want then it wasn't very healthy. There are compromises to be made for sure, but you shouldn't ever feel that your life is dictated by another person. You obviously know this since you got out of it, but it really doesn't have to be that way.

Unless you have kids, which probably means you can't really do what you want whenever you want!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement