Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im not quite sure if anyone mentioned a nape piercing...

just wondering if this hurts? im thinking of getting it done!

and could anyone reccommend a place that does it in dublin or carlow?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

You can feel the entrance and exits points of the needle,and that's just a pressure really, but you barely feel a thing other than that. One of my easiest piercings to get done and to heal.

I got mine done in Snakebite about 2 years ago and have never had a problem with it, and it's lasted the longest out of anyone I know who has had it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I just got mine done on Thursday. It was absolutely fine, there's a little bit of a feeling like pressure as the needle goes through, but it's not painful, just unpleasant for all of two seconds.

+1 for Snakebite and Steve who did mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Thanks for the replies!

i was debating whether to get a tattoo there or a piercings! i think ill go with the piercing though :)

was it expensive at all??
    and can you walk in or do you have to make an appointment?
    i know with wildcat in Stephens Green i can walk in as far as i know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Thanks for the replies!

i was debating whether to get a tattoo there or a piercings! i think ill go with the piercing though :)

You can walk in :) I don't know about Wildcat's prices, I was turned off going to them years ago. It's €75 in Snakebite, with a 10% discount if you're a student.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I just got mine done on Thursday. It was absolutely fine, there's a little bit of a feeling like pressure as the needle goes through, but it's not painful, just unpleasant for all of two seconds.

+1 for Snakebite and Steve who did mine :D

Steve did mine too. Absolute gent, really knows his stuff and totally puts you at ease.
    Thanks for the replies!

I paid €60 for mine 2 years ago,and they've adjusted their prices recenty. You can walk in most places but if theirs a few people there might be a few minutes wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

How painful is the shoulderblade?? Thinking of getting a celtic design covering most of the shoulderblade area :)

I'm a right girl and I found it fine :D Honestly, the odd bit of discomfort but I found it a nice spot to get done. No problems with it - except trying to clean it when on my own ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Maire2009 wrote: »
    No problems with it - except trying to clean it when on my own ha ha

That really is the worst! Difficult to reach it all with either hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

That really is the worst! Difficult to reach it all with either hand!

I got it done of a Saturday, so I had people around on the Saturday evening and Sunday to clean it properly, and then after that it was one of those plastic spatulas with a cloth (no fibers) held to it with a rubber band to try and clean it carefully - tattoo is fine so I didn't do it any harm :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I got it done of a Saturday, so I had people around on the Saturday evening and Sunday to clean it properly, and then after that it was one of those plastic spatulas with a cloth (no fibers) held to it with a rubber band to try and clean it carefully - tattoo is fine so I didn't do it any harm :o

:P :rolleyes:
    936full-the-simpsons-screenshot.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Always wanted one of those gold sleepers with a cross but it looks sore getting it done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Ear lobe? If so, then no it's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Nah it pinches and will be red for a bit but it's not sore. I got my nose pierced years ago and I remember that being sore. Ear piercings wee nothing compared to my nose piercing.

Do i have to get a stud first or can i put a sleeper straight in?

It's been a long time since I have had my piercings but as far as I know you have to have a stud in first for a few weeks until you can change.

It's been a long time since I have had my piercings but as far as I know you have to have a stud in first for a few days until you can change.
    Will I put ice on it first just to numb it or will i just shove the stud straight in?

No you should be fine after a few weeks (i think) You will be told instore when to change and what to do. But it should slip through. Just wipe the lobes with some alcohol before changing.

No you should be fine after a few weeks (i think) You will be told instore when to change and what to do. But it should slip through. Just wipe the lobes with some alcohol before changing.
    Thanks I have it done now,it stings a bit alrite

Moving to the "Does X hurt" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Anky2930

I know that this thread isn't a question as such, but I'd still like to give my two cents. my first piercing was my earlobes at 8 years old, done with a gun. It hurt a bit, but I was only 8. Did my second and third lobe piercings with a safety pin at 15. It didn't hurt at all. I stretched my first set of lobe piercings, one to 8mm one to 14mm. This hurt quite a bit, as I did it way too quickly. The one i stretched to 14mm "exploded" (it ripped in three different places exposing my cartilage. yes, that hurt A LOT!) I got my septum pierced a few months ago, and it was painless. A lot of people say this is extremely painful, but I found both the piercing and the healing to be very easy. Shortly after, I got my tongue web pierced. The piercing process was painless, however the first few days after that it was quite painful and I couldn't eat at all. I had my nipple pierced this summer, and that was a pretty painful piercing, and the healing was awful (avoid loose clothing! Tight clothes and push up bra's ftw!) The last piercing I got was my conch and I thought it was the most painful! It was my first cartilage piercing and it was sore for almost a month! I love all of them, and they were all worth it!

Btw, I'm going in to get dermal anchors on my chest on Thursday! Anything you guys feel I should know before I go in?

I have an personal experience of ear piercing and it hurts a little,pain is just same as an ant bites on your hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Ear lobe? If so, then no it's not!

i cried when i got my lobes pierced (they really hurt for some reason) but none of my other piercings or tats bothered me :o
    Sully34 wrote: »
    Thanks I have it done now,it stings a bit alrite

wait whut. did you just pierce it yourself by shoving the stud in? or am i mis-reading the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I really want a tattoo but I'm such a chicken when it comes to needles. Can't stand getting simple vaccine injections or getting blood taken without freaking out so I'd imagine I wouldn't be able for a tat :( So annoying because I can take other types of pain, having done kickboxing and boxing in the past.

If only tattoos could be punched onto ya :pac:

It's nothing like an injection or getting blood taken. Closest I could describe it would be a hard scratch...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Yup, it's like a cat scratch. If it's a bigger piece, it'll feel like a cat scratch on a sunburn after a while :)
    But it is manageable pain, don't be worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Cheers. I meant though that I've a fear of needles so, whatever about the pain (which I'm scared about too :o :P), it's more me freaking out about needles that would be the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Yea...I wouldn't be a big fan myself...but not nearly as bad as you seem to be...I can usually overcome it if I just make sure not to look at the needle while it's near me...In the middle of my ankle tattoo I made the mistake of looking down pain increased 10 fold...all psychological I know...still odd though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i am a weirdo. i hate needles. like giving blood or getting injections (and i am on b12 injections for life - so fun:rolleyes:) give me the heebies, my veins run away at the sight of a needle!!!

BUT, getting tatted and pierced doesn't bother me in the slightest, i actually relish it!!!

WEIRDO IS ME!!! :cool::pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

hdowney wrote: »
    i am a weirdo. i hate needles. like giving blood or getting injections (and i am on b12 injections for life - so fun:rolleyes:) give me the heebies, my veins run away at the sight of a needle!!!

BUT, getting tatted and pierced doesn't bother me in the slightest, i actually relish it!!!

WEIRDO IS ME!!! :cool::pac::cool:

I'm the exact same. I'm cannot stand injections, and I can freak out just at the thought of getting one. I don't like the shape of the needle, the idea of it going into my skin or the pain. For this reason I put off getting a tattoo for awhile.

Next week Im getting my 7th tattoo :p

Honestly the pain is so different, and the gun really helps make the needle look so different. My tip is to just keep your eyes away when the needle is being out into the gun and you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭shannonman81

7068742137http://www.flickr.com/photos/36134169@N07/7068742137/
    Thinking of getting this done..wondering what i can expect pain wise...I have a pretty high tolerance to pain gained from years of played sport and breaking numorous bones and whatnot...

• Advertisement

It'll be like being scratched with a piece of broken plastic, repeatedly over the same spots. That should be ok, but may make you wince a bit when it goes over the spine itself.

Advertisement