Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Got work done today down the length of the breastbone. Ouchie!
    Found it more uncomfortable than work I've had done around the spine & ribs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Adiboo wrote: »
    I actually quite like the feeling, (wouldn't even call it pain), of getting a tattoo.

Weirdo!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Adiboo wrote: »
    I actually quite like the feeling, (wouldn't even call it pain), of getting a tattoo. Already can't wait for my 8 hour sitting next week. :)

i agree.i love the whole process of getting a tattoo.i love the feeling of the needle piercing the skin.i love the sound of the tattoo gun and the smell of the parlour.i got my ribs done and it touched a certain spot on me and it tickled the crap out of me.i do always freak out the artist by asking "is it wrong if i'm slightly aroused right now"..gets them every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The noise of the tattoo machine makes me really sleepy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

Yeah I love how they don't hurt one bit.I'm dead hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Anyone have any experience with rook piercings? I pierced my cartilage three times with little pain (i know it's stupid but i was 15 with 'professional' needles from ebay :rolleyes:) if that gives any indication to my pain threshold!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Anyone have any experience with rook piercings? I pierced my cartilage three times with little pain (i know it's stupid but i was 15 with 'professional' needles from ebay :rolleyes:) if that gives any indication to my pain threshold!

Yeah it was ok. I got kinda hot and sweaty and dizzy afterwards but that might have been because I either didn't eat before it, or I ate a burrito. It was one of them for that piercing :pac:

But sure like anything its over so fast. Healing was grand too. Just don't sleep on it for a few nights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Rook for me was ok the first time but as with all body mods pain differs for each person. I got it done a second time in the same place after the first one closed up and thy hurt way more and bled for ages. That was about 4 years ago now so it's fine now. Don't think I'd get it done again if it closed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The noise of the tattoo machine makes me really sleepy!!

I think the noise of the machines is the worst thing :o Once the needle goes down it's okay, but those few seconds before it does is like an impending doom :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I think the noise of the machines is the worst thing :o Once the needle goes down it's okay, but those few seconds before it does is like an impending doom :P

I love the noise, i find it so soothing! A few of the guys in Snakebite have started using these weird stealth machines that are nearly silent... kinda freaks me out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I love the noise, i find it so soothing! A few of the guys in Snakebite have started using these weird stealth machines that are nearly silent... kinda freaks me out!!

i love the noise too :D and really the pain doesn't bother me in the slightest, long tats start to hurt a lil toward the end of a sesh, but i am too happy in the yay tat knowledge to be over fazed by it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Might be rotary machines, as far as I can recall, the newer rotary machines are very quiet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Might be rotary machines, as far as I can recall, the newer rotary machines are very quiet!

You should hear a Cheyenne Hawk running :) its like a kitten purring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Mine was really sore to get done. My friend said I yelped :o But I've a pretty low pain tolerance so you will probably be grand. The throbbing afterwards got me more. It felt like the entire right side of my head hurt. But as always, it looks damn fine now. Mine is only two weeks old but it's awesome looking and hasn't gotten mega irritated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I got my lower wrist tattooed & while it wasn't horribly painful it did get uncomfortable near the bone (i'm skinny so there was no fat protection), like others have said It felt like a cat scratch. It stung every few minutes for about an hour afterwards, then it was fine, no pain at all. The most annoying thing was how itchy it got while the skin was healing over it & not being able to scratch it

I'm getting my upper arm tattooed just below the shoulder & stopping before my elbow, anyone tell me how painful/non painful that's going to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

SingItOut wrote: »
    I got my lower wrist tattooed & while it wasn't horribly painful it did get uncomfortable near the bone (i'm skinny so there was no fat protection), like others have said It felt like a cat scratch. It stung every few minutes for about an hour afterwards, then it was fine, no pain at all. The most annoying thing was how itchy it got while the skin was healing over it & not being able to scratch it

I'm getting my upper arm tattooed just below the shoulder & stopping before my elbow, anyone tell me how painful/non painful that's going to be?

Outside of the arm is fine, i found the inner bicep quite a tender spot though!

Inner bicep is absolute ****ing agony from what i remember about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Getting the outside arm done, thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

SingItOut wrote: »
    Getting the outside arm done, thanks guys :)

No fear of ya in that case :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭Alan_H_1991

Your experiences pwetty pweeze :D

• Advertisement

Attractive to who?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've never heard anyone describe a tongue as attractive before! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 wongus69

Hi everyone, first time poster. This is quite bizarre but I want to get the letters CCR tattooed on my penis. Is this possible? Help would be much appreciated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes it's possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 wongus69

Thanks, any idea how painful it would be?
    On a scale of 1 to getting rammed in the ass by Seabiscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

wongus69 wrote: »
    Thanks, any idea how painful it would be?
    On a scale of 1 to getting rammed in the ass by Seabiscuit

i see mr hands is still alive and well :eek::eek::P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Hey I'm currently designing a tattoo for myself, that will go in the middle of my back, between my shoulder blades. It's a plain black emblem but the design is fairly intricate. I've already got a plain black design covering one of my calves and was wondering how the pain will compare?
    Also, I sometimes get spot breakouts across my shoulders, is it a good idea to go ahead with the tattoo if I'm experiencing one on the day in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Hey I'm currently designing a tattoo for myself, that will go in the middle of my back, between my shoulder blades. It's a plain black emblem but the design is fairly intricate. I've already got a plain black design covering one of my calves and was wondering how the pain will compare?
    Also, I sometimes get spot breakouts across my shoulders, is it a good idea to go ahead with the tattoo if I'm experiencing one on the day in question?

when i got my back done it was fine , some places more uncomfortable than others but other than that grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Getting both my feet done on Thursday and just wondering if it's worth taking some painkillers before hand? It will be my 4th but I have visions of it being a lot worse than the others, I have my calf, shoulder and top of my spine done already. Or am I just being a big wuss and should I just take the pain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

LucyLouLou wrote: »
    Getting both my feet done on Thursday and just wondering if it's worth taking some painkillers before hand? It will be my 4th but I have visions of it being a lot worse than the others, I have my calf, shoulder and top of my spine done already. Or am I just being a big wuss and should I just take the pain?

I'v always popped a couple neurofen anyway. Feet are probably worse than all those places you've mentioned.

Advertisement