Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DANCING AND WEIGHT LOSS

• 16-10-2008 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

I started on a diet for the first time ever i year and a half ago and still on it . I went to Weight Watchers to start and done well. I lost 2 stone there, but since then i stopped going ( cause i thought i didnt need to :rolleyes:) and then started again but couldnt get the same motivation.

I havent been in weeks because i put on weight and cant lose it:eek:. Now i have started Salsa slims but am looking to see if anyone has done dance classes and did they work, what kind did you do.

getting desperate now, just cant seem to do anything, ok will power but i need to be interested in it if you know what i mean. :confused:

any advice, gladly taking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Hi Nelly,

I did Salsa Slim on the last round and really enjoyed it. But tbh, I wouldn't recommend it as a way of weight loss.

The only thing that will change your weight is a whole lifestyle change. WW is great too but most people go on the programme which means that at some stage they will go off the programme and put their weight back on.

You need a generally all round good diet (with some fun thrown in!) and regular exercise...that's the only thing that I found worked for me. Try and find one or two other classes that you could fill another couple of nights with or better still, get a good MP3 player, fill it with fab music and walk..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Moved from LL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Dancing for weight loss was very popular in the early nineties. I beleive they called it the 'E' plan. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nelly_

i had my third class last night, i get what you mean about that cant be the only thing. i have tried the walking too and thats good but i think you need to be in the right frame of mind to keep the walking up. :rolleyes:

its trying to get motivated to get to the whole stage of good diet and exercise. if i was able to lose a few pounds doing sometihng that interested me i think the rest would follow.

thanks for reply Curvy vixen. :cool:

Advertisement