Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What skill or talent would you love to possess?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I want to be able to throw a fireball like Ryu from Street fighter. How awesome would that be?

Standing in the smoking area. Hot girl fumbles for lighter beside me.
    Hot girl: "Got a light?"
    Me: "why yes I do..... HADOUKEN!!!!"

Hot girls eyebrows evaporate in amazement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'd like to have a photographic memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I play guitar, piano and funnily enough I have a degree in...Maths & English. Want to attend my seminar? It also doubles as a typing workshop.

Myself, I would love to have "perpetual charisma", I suppose like always being in the zone. Sometimes in life when you meet people, you're not at your best and you'd give a bad impression or not come off the way you'd hoped. The ability to avoid that would be great, it would help you to maximise all potential opportunities that could come your way.

That's one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things, because it can be difficult to switch off, leading to all sorts of other issues. I agree with you that it does help maximise your opportunities, but then it can also lead to you overthinking all sorts of permutations which will drive you nuts! I should know >_>

I'd sign up for your seminar though in guitar lessons and English, could well do with improving my English in order to communicate more effectively! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

To walk on water ....! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

What skill or talent would you love to possess?

Time manipulation. To be able to erase the mistakes that I, family & close friends have made in life. And of course, nip ahead to get the Euromillions winning numbers and then pop back to the present to buy a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I'd love to know an effective martial art like Judo or Krav Maga really well. Got jumped a few years back by a couple of scummers and always regret I wasn't able to prevent it or defend myself a little bit. Still makes me angry thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

daisybun wrote: »
    In perfect harmony?
    That's the song I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'd love to be good at crafts, making pretty things with my hands. I'm ok with drawing, but I just can't handle icing and decorating buns. The other Mums always have such pretty cakes they're like Pinterest ones, and mine are the misshaped plain madeira cakes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sing, I love singing but I can't do it :(

I can sing very well, but I haven't found it attracts the opposite sex as much as people seem to think it can...Opera singing now that's a different story.

The piano thing, I took a year of piano lessons, but still never made it anywhere near professional level. I can play by ear pretty well, but I'd love to be able to play really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I'd love to be a clairvoyant so as I could help loads of people to speak with their dead relations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 daisybun

That's the song I hear

Let the world sing today, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

I'd love to be a great artist. Not just good at painting portraits and landscapes, but to be able to create art out of concepts and feelings and being able to express myself through art. It just seems like it would be really cathartic or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I can sing very well, but I haven't found it attracts the opposite sex as much as people seem to think it can...Opera singing now that's a different story.

The piano thing, I took a year of piano lessons, but still never made it anywhere near professional level. I can play by ear pretty well, but I'd love to be able to play really well.

Opera singing is difficult as bejaysus. Step aside jillian michaels abs workout
    I don't know how they do it for 4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

bluewolf wrote: »
    Opera singing is difficult as bejaysus. Step aside jillian michaels abs workout
    I don't know how they do it for 4 hours

Jillian Michales is hard! I find singing easy, but playing the piano like Chopin, Rachmaninov or Shostaokovic elludes me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

I'd love to be able to stop living inside my own head and actually become the genius inside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

@ DC: Do you do classical / opera yea? The support stuff from the core with the accent method kills me!
    Piano is great. Haven't played in years. Hammering out some rachmaninov is the way to kill stress :D

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Dancing the Spiral

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I'd agree on that. I find singing very easy, and you'd get maybe praise and the classic "I wish I could do that", but if it's swooning girls you're looking for, it's not quite the abundant phenomenon people build it up to be.

Not that it hasn't worked on a couple of occasions, it's just not the Pied Piper of Hamelin story that we all wish it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

I'd love to be bilingual in many languages

I'd love to be able to do sign language too

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ima_believer

Love to be able to sing well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

gidget wrote: »
    I'd love to be bilingual in many languages

I'd love to be able to do sign language too

Perhaps in two? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sing
    Play sports

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'd love to be a really good natural runner. Like the Kenyans that lollop along without it knocking a bother out of them. That level of natural talent is so lovely to watch.

As opposed to seeing pictures of myself run, every single one of them could be a meme :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

To be able to control an Orgasm

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Teleportation. That'd do me.

It would take care of the drive to work of a morning anyway.

I suppose that it would make bank robberies easy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm really surprised by how many people really want to be able to sing. I bet you all have lovely voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

To be able to play like this guy on drums (7.48mins on...)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ascophere

Che Guevara's roguish looks and charm.
    Hitler's oratorical abilities.
    Pol pot's smile and virility.
    Obama's marketability.
    Gore Vidal's sense of humour.
    Noam Chomsky's complete lack of a sense of humour.
    Wolverine's healing ability.
    Finally to be able to pot every ball from a break on a pool table every time without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Languages would be a nice one if its a real skill/talent

If we can make them up then I'd like to FLY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I'D LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE IN LOWER CAPS.

Advertisement