Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

carzony wrote: »
    Jesus the focus has fog lights on the front :)

Looks fresh enough.

The pic is a couple of years old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Is the there a unmarked 151 BMW rolling around on the m50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Boaty wrote: »

Saw an unmarked i40 saloon today - too quick to get a picture :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

That dog unit van in the photo thread, does anyone know what make and model that van is?
    I know it was a UK make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

kub wrote: »
    That dog unit van in the photo thread, does anyone know what make and model that van is?
    I know it was a UK make.

It would have been a BL/Freightrover* Sherpa

Sherpa was the model name - but because British Leyland, Austin Rover and co changed their branding - I can't remember what the exact brand name it used for the make.

Fairly sure it was Freight Rover though

Later versions were Leyland Daf - and then LDV - due to owner changes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Boaty wrote: »

Maybe , but definitely a black 06 bmw 523 i

Bigus wrote: »
    Maybe , but definitely a black 06 bmw 523 i

Probably the dark green 5-series with the tow bar that I posted a pic of before ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

What bike is this? Marked police not garda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Looks like a BMW, I believe they've a couple on trial.

AFAIK, the Honda Deauville is being discontinued, so AGS have to look at alternatives.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yamaha fjr 1300

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2qW6wXHI1Ookk7iHs3QU9coJ8KkyWXsB-7ii8VAAddImeLbb-

Gardai and UK used pan european for years but remember reading somewhere about speed wobbles and UK discontinued and have since been going mostly for BMW, Yamaha.

Honda lost out big as they use to be the most bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

ST1100 Pan European was standard Traffic bike for a long time in Ireland & UK.

High speed weave only affected the STX1300, which AGS never bought.

That FJR is on trial from Wales, also has 'Heddlu' on the front, just to confuse the hell out of the natives :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

FJR beats any Beamer hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I see AGS have just tendered for new bikes, standard 50 kw, and advanvced 90-110 kw. About time!

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=86353&B&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

Might be ideal for driving the politicians around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Was wondering that myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

kub wrote: »
    Might be ideal for driving the politicians around.

... to the crusher.

They would be a better machine then all the i30, i40 they after getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I really like the new Coast Guard livery, it stands out as different to other ES vehicles. The old livery was way too close to the Garda livery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Coast Guard get Land Rovers, Garda get Hyundais!!!! Something wrong there!

Speaking of which, I haven't seen any Hyundai 4x4's yet :rolleyes:

The Disco might have (unreliable) air suspension ??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

Need the discos to tow the big boats. The last load of hilux purchased didn't have enough towing capacity.

The discos will probably spend more time being parked at hq though.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

Perhaps. ..... but we are rumoured to be getting one ..... I'm not holding my breath though

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DAVE1972

I THINK ITS RIDICULOUS THAT AGS DOESNT GET A FLEET OF LAND ROVER DISCOVERYS OR X5S ETC AS WHEN THESE ARE PURCHASED THEY ARE A 5 TO 8 YEAR INVESTMENT , WORKS OUT LESS THAN A I40 WHEN YOU BREAK IT DOWN, TRUST ME THOSE HYUNDAI SANTA FES ARE LOVELY TO LOOK AT BUT ARE VERY SMALL ON THE INSIDE , MY MATE HAS A 7 SEATER 142 AND THE CABIN IS PRETTY CRAMPED , I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, AND IM JUST UNDER 6FT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Capri wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I haven't seen any Hyundai 4x4's yet :rolleyes:

The Disco might have (unreliable) air suspension ??

Was there any bought ? Alot of the the branch cars are being changed in Cork at the moment and it seems that i30s are being replaced with i40's saloons and estates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

It's not good enough for the gallery but there's nothing really different about the inside of this disco apart from the light switches.

out of curiosity how many did the buy ? and were they bought in Bradleys in Galway ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

The government fund the coast guard right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

foreign wrote: »

They work for the police in the UK and are a dam sight more capable than a Hyundai i40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Theanswers wrote: »
    They work for the police in the UK and are a dam sight more capable than a Hyundai i40

But alas - also more expensive - which tends to be a key deciding factor in the Irish context :(

Extra driver training needed too??? - given that its a 4 x 4 (the Discovery).

Do the Uk police even use many Discovery/Land Rovers in general - is the X5 not the weapon of choice these days 4 x 4 wise.

Time for VAG to get the finger out and start getting some tenders in.

There should be NO NEED to run a fleet of mediocre Hyundais

Old diesel wrote: »
    Time for VAG to get the finger out and start getting some tenders in.

There should be NO NEED to run a fleet of mediocre Hyundais

It doesn't matter who puts tenders in, at the moment it's going to come down to the cheapest, not the most appropriate.

When we got the Avensis, the Mondeo and the Insignia were trialled too. The Avensis was at the bottom of the list of recommended vehicles. But the Avensis was the cheapest.

It doesn't matter who puts tenders in, at the moment it's going to come down to the cheapest, not the most appropriate.

When we got the Avensis, the Mondeo and the Insignia were trialled too. The Avensis was at the bottom of the list of recommended vehicles. But the Avensis was the cheapest.

The Avensis seems to have dissapeared now since the Hyundai's were bought.. Most of the must be gone by now?

The Avensis seems to have dissapeared now since the Hyundai's were bought.. Most of the must be gone by now?

Very few of them left at this stage alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Very few of them left at this stage alright.

Some difference when you see how many 07 Mondeos are still around.

FGR wrote: »
    Some difference when you see how many 07 Mondeos are still around.

Still a 06 Mondeo going on the North Side of Cork City..they are bullet proof!

The remaining Mondeo's wouldn't have been main cars. They wouldn't be on the road 24/7 so are taking longer to hit the 300k limit. Saw a 07 Avensis the other day.

• Advertisement

Has the 2003 marked mondeo gone from dublin city?

They still have a lot going around alright but them Mondeos are good.

The remaining Mondeo's wouldn't have been main cars. They wouldn't be on the road 24/7 so are taking longer to hit the 300k limit. Saw a 07 Avensis the other day.

I saw a 2003 unmarked avensis the other day on the Lucan bypass. It was the horrible saloon model. Only one i've even seen..

She was grey and very,very rough looking.. Probably do another few years :D:D

In all fairness they bought a lot more Mondeo's than avensis..

I saw a 2003 unmarked avensis the other day on the Lucan bypass. It was the horrible saloon model. Only one i've even seen..

She was grey and very,very rough looking.. Probably do another few years :D:D

In all fairness they bought a lot more Mondeo's than avensis..

They bought a huge amount in 07. That deal featured in a Comptroller & Auditor Generals report. I'd say they just got a great deal with the 08 model coming into stock for Ford at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Has the 2003 marked mondeo gone from dublin city?

They still have a lot going around alright but them Mondeos are good.

That the traffic one ? If so I haven't seen that in about a year. Saw a regular marked one a couple of months back out near the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

rocky911 wrote: »
    Still a 06 Mondeo going on the North Side of Cork City..they are bullet proof!

They are and they aren't lot of them are prone to piston rings going on them.

They are and they aren't lot of them are prone to piston rings going on them.

I think on the diesels the injectors are well known to give trouble also. All in all a good car though and you still see many 01 mondeo's been driven about by the general public..

I also love the focus of that era.. I don't think Garda bought many of them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Seems like an odd limit - 300 k in the city would be a lot different to 300k in rural mayo - or even 300k in commuter belt -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I also love the focus of that era.. I don't think Garda bought many of them though.

Oh they did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

There's a few of that model focus left in Limerick, unmarked though. Don't think I've ever even seen a marked one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Terenure and Rathmines still have an 04 Focus and an 07 Mondeo, the latter of which is in excellent condition (on the outside at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DAVE1972

northside cork city has a marked up 06 corrolla h/b perfect condition , a new arrival recently a kind of spare or compol car

• Advertisement
Advertisement