Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A last some decent Journalism

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Ulstermell0

dont forget the dreadful 'im converted' samsung phone ads...jeeze i nearly crashed my car at dublin airport when i saw that....poor guy has to see it on his way out on the bus as well...jeasus some things really come back to haunt you.
    would make a great photo if you could get the lads looking all miserable underneath one of those billboards.

one point with this article - if its all about jealous journalists taking down people once they starty to do well, how come BOD has escaped this kind of treatment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wickie

marco_polo wrote:
    Oh so Trevor Brennan is the type of role model you admire.
    You quote me out of Context. I was refering to his punditing. Most of the Pundits are afraid of offending anyone be saying such and such played a shocker, whereas Brennan seems to me to call a spade a spade.
    marco_polo wrote:
    That my friend is complete BS. I can't even tell if there is supposed to be a point in there somewhere. It is absolutely nobodys business what anyone gets up to off the field of play. Could you possibly be any more melodramatic. All you were missing there was the line "Won't somebody think of the children" :rolleyes:

You seem to BE pretty good at the melodrama yourself
    marco_polo wrote:
    This is another example of the nasty attitude I have seen developing towards the Irish rugby players, this notionthat they are vastly overpaid prima donnas, which is simply not true. While rugby players make a decent living for a while, it is not a patch on what other top sports people make. It is not like they make so much money in their relatively short careers as to never have to work again for rest of their days.

You again seem to be putting words in my mouth.
    Whatever they are Paid its a Lot More than the Namabians they played recently. My Point is that they are loosing focus. They don't seem interested in playing rugby based on the lacklustre performances lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Wickie wrote:
    You quote me out of Context. I was refering to his punditing. Most of the Pundits are afraid of offending anyone be saying such and such played a shocker, whereas Brennan seems to me to call a spade a spade.

Whatever they are Paid its a Lot More than the Namabians they played recently. My Point is that they are loosing focus. They don't seem interested in playing rugby based on the lacklustre performances lately.

Brennan does have an axe to grind and as I have stated in other threads I think rightly so. BTW I do not think he is a role model for kids.
    But you have to admit he has said it out straight, unlike for instance Cheika who appears afraid to say anything contradictory, on chance it might offend the folks in Lansdowne road.

Regarding advertising we have suffered O'Gara drawling on the radio and his face appearing on either TV or from side of road.
    Then suddenly his life is nobody's business. Well then fine, but don't dare appear advertising any shi** again in the media.
    You can't have it both ways.
    People chose to milk the system for what they can get and then get all high any mighty when the media, as they always do, bite back first chance they get.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

ive been admiring sinead kissane throughout this tournament , shes a spikey little thing
    i read an article about her before the world cup , her father was a well known gaelic footballer from which county i cant remember , she grew up as an only girl with several brothers and is by her own admission a bit of a tom boy

matt wiliams reaction to what she said on setanta was much more hostile than jim glennons , he lambasted her , just because shes not a kiss ass like williams , as i said in previous posts , were ireland to have lost every match by 100 points , williams would have been still talking about the possitives

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Matt Williams is a joke. Failed with Leinster, failed with Scotland.
    So is Jim Glennon for that matter, won a meagre 6 caps for Ireland, and failed at being a politician.
    it's always the guys like that who spout the most crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

would ya

would i not

would ya

would i not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

rugby, gentlemen...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Ah Ruggie,

If a couple of lads can't have a good lecherous conversation about some crumpet, what is the game coming to?

You'll be telling me next that the current generation of rugby players don't know the words to Dinah, Dinah and won't have a clue what a dicky-di-do is.

A rich girl has a limousine
    A poor girl has a truck..............

• Advertisement

Ah Ruggie,

If a couple of lads can't have a good lecherous conversation about some crumpet, what is the game coming to?

You'll be telling me next that the current generation of rugby players don't know the words to Dinah, Dinah and won't have a clue what a dicky-di-do is.

A rich girl has a limousine
    A poor girl has a truck..............

i think you mean a couple of goys

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Wickie wrote:

You seem to BE pretty good at the melodrama yourself

Brennan has an axe to grind with alot of people in Irish rugby, sometimes it is hard to know what parts of his analysis are his honest opinion and which parts are his own personal agenda.

I don't disagree that the team have lost focus and get paid more than Namibia.

However you have failed to address your main point in a previous post which is why rugby players should be expected to uphold higher moral standard off the pitch than the average person, and also why that should be anybody elses business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wickie

marco_polo wrote: »
    Brennan has an axe to grind with alot of people in Irish rugby, sometimes it is hard to know what parts of his analysis are his honest opinion and which parts are his own personal agenda.

Agreed.
    I don't disagree that the team have lost focus and get paid more than Namibia.
    Ok. But I'll go further and say that Its because there getting paid so much now that they are loosing the focus.
    However you have failed to address your main point in a previous post which is why rugby players should be expected to uphold higher moral standard off the pitch than the average person, and also why that should be anybody elses business?

I don't believe I was saying that rugby players should be expected to uphold HIGHER moral standards than joe soap.
    If you didn't get my point from my earlier posts then you probably won't if I reitterate them.
    But I'm not saying that Players should have to suffer abuse or invasion of privacy just because they Play rugby.

Advertisement