Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muamba Injury Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Tears of joy being able to walk out on that pitch.

Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just saw his interview. Had tears in my eyes!

Thought his english would have been a bit better though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Here's a link to him walking out on the pitch. Very emotional. Great to see him being able to walk out like that though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17928278

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Saw something on the news last night about a Dutch player who has a defibulator implanted which gives him a shock if his heart stops. Showed him collapsing on the field, getting a shock and sitting up as if everything was fine. Amazing.

Seems like a Defibulator is the difference between life and death in these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Saw something on the news last night about a Dutch player who has a defibulator implanted which gives him a shock if his heart stops. Showed him collapsing on the field, getting a shock and sitting up as if everything was fine. Amazing.

Seems like a Defibulator is the difference between life and death in these situations.

Any link to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Any link to that?

I'll look for it later, youtube not allowed at work.

Saw it on BBC or SKY news, one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Any link to that?

It was on SSN afik..

Im not sure if he was playing in dutch or belgian league though..

you could see him getting shocked and his whole body "jump" when lying on the pitch.

awesome to see him get up off his own accord:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Any link to that?

Google Anthony Van Loo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Fabrice Muamba a special guest at the FWA awards tonight.
    Greeted by RVP in the picture below
    https://twitter.com/#!/henrychappell/status/198126117159313408/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sad to hear of his retirement. Possibly for the best imo. I'm sure he'll still be involved in football in some shape or form. Wish him the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

It's sad to see a player retire yes but in this instance it could have been a whole lot worse. Wish him all the very best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hope he can go into coaching or stay in the game in some role, very lucky to be alive and its probably for the best that he stays off the pitch and keeps his health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

JokerD wrote: »

Very sad about Muamba and very sad you depend on The Sun for your news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

murpho999 wrote: »
    Very sad about Muamba and very sad you depend on The Sun for your news.

Was that really necessary? What harm if he took this story from The Sun? I'm sure they're not reporting it any differently to anyone else.

It's sad for him to have to retire but he's very very lucky to be alive at all. Had it happened anywhere else than where it did he could well be dead now. Should have already banked enough money that that won't be an issue for the time being either, and I'm sure Bolton might offer him a gig coaching the youths or something.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Was that really necessary? What harm if he took this story from The Sun? I'm sure they're not reporting it any differently to anyone else.

It's sad for him to have to retire but he's very very lucky to be alive at all. Had it happened anywhere else than where it did he could well be dead now. Should have already banked enough money that that won't be an issue for the time being either, and I'm sure Bolton might offer him a gig coaching the youths or something.

Don't want to derail thread but a lot of football supporters should know a particular reason to have nothing to do with The Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Don't want to derail thread but a lot of football supporters should know a particular reason to have nothing to do with The Sun.

yeah, a pathetic reason imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

quarryman wrote: »
    How so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Google it then and stop being so precious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

I think its fair enough if thats what you think should be done in the LFC thread, but insisting on it not being linked forum-wide is asking a little too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Very sad about Muamba. Wish him all the best. His health is the most important thing to worry about now and i hope he keeps himself well.

As for Murpho999 and his drivel about the Sun? lol get a life, people are free to post and use any link from whatever source they want.

Just because certain football fans have an issue with the Sun doesn't mean we all have to follow.

Last comment on this as it's completely off topic and you'll never win an argument with Sun readers anyway.

I'm just surprised that any fan. apart from it being an unintelligent rag, would read a paper that thinks it's OK to make up lies about how people stole from and urinated on the dead or lie about what caused the disaster in the first place.

I don't think it matters what club you support on this either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Not that sad in my opinion, he's alive and well. At the time this first happened there was plenty of comments along the lines of "puts things into perspective" and "just a game", it's unfortunate that he had to end his career but this is a man that most of us probably felt at the time was certain to die.

His career was short but he should have made enough money in the last 6/7 years to ensure that money isn't an issue for him for a very long time, (even talk of him receiving a substantial insurance payment) and he seems a very likeable man so I imagine there's be plenty of takers if he goes back into football in a non playing role.

Disappointing he'll never play again but all things considered; we got a happy ending here as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Last comment on this as it's completely off topic and you'll never win an argument with Sun readers anyway.

I'm just surprised that any fan. apart from it being an unintelligent rag, would read a paper that thinks it's OK to make up lies about how people stole from and urinated on the dead or lie about what caused the disaster in the first place.

I don't think it matters what club you support on this either.

and its Anti Irishness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He's in line to be getting a multi-million pound insurance payout so he'll be financially sound. I imagine he'd trade that in any day to be playing football. I hope he finds some other job within football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

It's sad but it was the right thing to do. There was no point risking his health with a young child to raise. He always came across as a likeable and honest player, the type of person that is sadly becoming rare in the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

It's sad for the guy of course.
    But go back to the 17th March last and this is all we were wishing for.

I'm still pretty grateful that he's alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

quarryman wrote: »

Pathetic post.

Sad news for a player with great potential. Nice to hear he'll be sound financially but I'd like to see him coaching or managing some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

happy retirement and best wishes for a full life outside football

legend

• Advertisement
Advertisement