Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Liverpool v Baggies (by demand of kingshankly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How many more bad mistakes before people realize that he ain't up to it?

About 50...

It was an insanely windy night. He misread the flight of a ball that travelled half the length of the pitch. I ain't worried at all.

If it helps, Skrtel is a better out and out defender but Agger offers so much more when in possession. I look forward to them being first choice..

mike65 wrote: »
    A word about Gerrard, am I the only one who thinks he played like a drain today? Shocking number of poor passes, overhit, underhit, badly angled, optimistic eye of a needle stuff when a simple short ball would have been much wiser?

Mike

Would love to see stats on the percentage of passes that weren't completed, especially in the last third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

How many more bad mistakes before people realize that he ain't up to it?

He's a decent defender, still a little raw though, I far rather skrtel though, think he's a great defender

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

god damn stream went down before the 3rd goal.

good performance, boring game if im tbh. after keanes 2nd goal it was boring enough. mascherano got an unnecessary yellow. happy with the 3 points and im delighted keane broke his PL duck. good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lads lets not get into another handbags over Agger/Skrtel, one is a pure defender one is a potential Alan Hansen. How soft was Arbys card? He misses the next game.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Good performance today, deserved MOTM fot Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lads lets not get into another handbags over Agger/Skrtel, one is a pure defender one is a potential Alan Hansen

I'm more concerned with Jesus' constant dropping in of "carra ousting" statements.

That time is a long way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Wow Liverpool win by more then 1 goal ... amazing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

jackdaw wrote: »
    Taste the bitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i know! whats going on. next thing you know lampard will be scoring goals without deflections :eek::pac:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...

Chelsea lost a game.. The world is going to end.. Sell every player and the sack the manager!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Shouldn't Ntlbell be on here now declaring Liverpool for the league seeing as we won tonight. After all, from his posts from the Spurs match last week, the league is based on one match.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Shouldn't Ntlbell be on here now declaring Liverpool for the league seeing as we won tonight. After all, from his posts from the Spurs match last week, the league is based on one match.
    Off in a corner somewhere crying I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus Giles is a curmudgeon, you can tell he doesn't like the idea of a Liverpool title-winning season.

Mike

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jebus Giles is a curmudgeon, you can tell he doesn't like the idea of a Liverpool title-winning season.

Mike

Gilesy would be happier if no-one could win the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yeah that way he could call them all crap.

Anyway, just back, have been there for both keanos first goal and first prem goals now. Pleased for him, hopefully now his confidence is up and he will start to bang them in.

Have not seen it again yet, looked like a good finish for the first.

See from above there that he got MoM too, fair play to him, he looked good and got a good round of applause on the way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i was expecting him on to point out the liverpool penalty claim in the first half but i don't see him, seeing as he kept going on about the athletico ones in mid-week :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm noticing a totally different vibe to this thread than to the spurs thread last week.

where are all the "valued" contributers that reared their **** heads last week to say their piece? do they only arrive with bad results?

beating minnows easily, beating top teams quite comfortably and deservedly.....people are gonna have to start making up new & improved reasons why we wont be able to compete this year.

No sign of Xavi6 either, strange that, wonder why he doesn't want to discuss this match

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'm noticing a totally different vibe to this thread than to the spurs thread last week.

where are all the "valued" contributers that reared their **** heads last week to say their piece? do they only arrive with bad results?

beating minnows easily, beating top teams quite comfortably and deservedly.....people are gonna have to start making up new & improved reasons why we wont be able to compete this year.
    It seems they are all dedicated spurs supporters. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

colly10 wrote: »
    No sign of Xavi6 either, strange that, wonder why he doesn't want to discuss this match

The fact that it kicked off at 2.30am might have had something to do with it.

Xavi6 wrote: »

I would be more worried about my rep ;) being associated with ntlbell and boggles can't be doing it any favours...

1 or 2 weeks of "Liverpool are amazing and will win the league" and you should be grand :D

Hasn't stopped ye before :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I would be more worried about my rep ;) being associated with ntlbell and boggles can't be doing it any favours...

1 or 2 weeks of "Liverpool are amazing and will win the league" and you should be grand :D

Hmmmmm I can't even see a pool fan saying they 'will' win the league at this stage.
    colly10 wrote: »
    Hasn't stopped ye before :pac:

Depends on who's playing. Last week's Spurs game was always going to be a cracker with 'arry's momentum whereas last night was never going to be anything more than a training exercise for pool.

Plus I was too pissed and barely made it through Everton/West Ham!

Hmmmmm I can't even see a pool fan saying they 'will' win the league at this stage.

Haha, fair point. Anyway, was just messing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

lolz

The super reds romp home against the almighty albion and it's back on

yes egg all over my face baby.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The troll is still here :)

good result yesterday, I watched up until Keane got taken off and the pints were beckoning me... Nice surprise to log in to FF this morning and find out Arbeloa scored!! Get in you little beauty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,400 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ntlbell wrote: »
    lolz

The super reds romp home against the almighty albion and it's back on

yes egg all over my face baby.:rolleyes:

lolz

The super reds stumble away against the wretched Tottenham and it's all off

no egg all over our faces baby :rolleyes:

lolz

I love it when someone who hasn't got a clue what he is talking about and who's mammy never told him that he was wrong when growing up keeps talking and making a bigger tool out of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Good win for the reds, in a largely comfortable performance. Good to see Keane slotting away two good striker goals, not outstandingly hard, but still took a bit of cleverness to score both.
    Hopefully a good game on wed nite vs spurs too, will be interesting mix of players in the team. Does Arebeloas suspension carry in that game?

lolz

Lloyd

please show me where i said because of the spurs loss liverpool won't win it?

i said before a ball was kicked they won't win it.

I said after they beat united they won't win it

i said after they beat chelsea they won't win it

i'm saying after they beat WBA they won't win it

no one match has been behind the thought process i have explained why they wont win it enough times and has nothing to do with any one result

NtlBell, did you think Liverpool would beat Chelsea in Stamford Bridge?

No.

ok. so you are in fact regularly quite wrong about Liverpool and wat they will and wont do.

the very fact that you said Liverpool wont win the league before a ball was even kicked shows how tinted your view of them is.

ok. so you are in fact regularly quite wrong about Liverpool and wat they will and wont do.

the very fact that you said Liverpool wont win the league before a ball was even kicked shows how tinted your view of them is.

I would assume everyone is in fact regularly wrong about the outcome of individual matches week in week out, paddy powers profits would suggest it the weekend prem threads here would suggest it.

Failing to see your point tho.

Come the end of the season I could be wrong?

well f*ck me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What only ten pages?!? Ohhhh I see - Liverpool won.

Up yer big man arses!

Lloyd

please show me where i said because of the spurs loss liverpool won't win it?

i said before a ball was kicked they won't win it.

I said after they beat united they won't win it

i said after they beat chelsea they won't win it

i'm saying after they beat WBA they won't win it

no one match has been behind the thought process i have explained why they wont win it enough times and has nothing to do with any one result

In that case, you can just avoid posting in a Liverpool match thread until the final end of season table is released, right? You know whats going to happen in the end - so what do the individual games matter? Save the hate for the REALLY BIG 'I told you so' at the end of the year.

What only ten pages?!? Ohhhh I see - Liverpool won.

Up yer big man arses!

You're doing it wrong. ;)

In that case, you can just avoid posting in a Liverpool match thread until the final end of season table is released, right? You know whats going to happen in the end - so what do the individual games matter? Save the hate for the REALLY BIG 'I told you so' at the end of the year.

Please god.. Add him to your ignore list - tis more fun reading his posts that others have quoted..

Lloyd come on

Will we all just not post in the football forum till the league is over then we can just discuss what happened in the previous year?

I have said noting in any of the threads that is so unlikley to happen that would assume I'm trolling or a bit barmey.

The bookies don't fancy the pool for the leauge are they all mad?

most pundits don't fancy them are they all mad too?

jesus that's great is blowing things out of porportion maybe he doesn't like hearing the reality of the situtation..

Lloyd come on

Will we all just not post in the football forum till the league is over then we can just discuss what happened in the previous year?

I have said noting in any of the threads that is so unlikley to happen that would assume I'm trolling or a bit barmey.

The bookies don't fancy the pool for the leauge are they all mad?

most pundits don't fancy them are they all mad too?

jesus that's great is blowing things out of porportion maybe he doesn't like hearing the reality of the situtation..

Now, you are smart enough to know that the percentage chances of you posting in a Liverpool related match thread go up if we lose / draw / play bad.

I don't think Liverpool will win the league this year. Some fans are filled with a bit of hope given our good start however - and they like to think it's possible. You like to smack down such hope and seem to take pleasure from the reaction such smack downs generate. This irritates people, and for them you quickly become synonymous with negative posting on the pool - and little else.

So, I dunno. We can continue as we are and just chalk it up to internet, serious business. Or you could just assume that we know where you stand and drop discussion along the lines of 'why Liverpool will drop off' for a period. :)

Now, you are smart enough to know that the percentage chances of you posting in a Liverpool related match thread go up if we lose / draw / play bad.

I don't think Liverpool will win the league this year. Some fans are filled with a bit of hope given our good start however - and they like to think it's possible. You like to smack down such hope and seem to take pleasure from the reaction such smack downs generate. This irritates people, and for them you quickly become synonymous with negative posting on the pool - and little else.

So, I dunno. We can continue as we are and just chalk it up to internet, serious business. Or you could just assume that we know where you stand and drop discussion along the lines of 'why Liverpool will drop off' for a period. :)

other posters brought me into this discussion i didn't bring it up at all

After last weekend's thread (and sure, the thread the weekend before), one could say you were conspicuous by your absence.

I've commented in threads were liverpool have won games, most recently beating chelsea and complimented them on how they played.

So i didn't comment on what should be just another day in the office against the mino's now i'm hiding?

come off it :D

I've commented in threads were liverpool have won games, most recently beating chelsea and complimented them on how they played.

So i didn't comment on what should be just another day in the office against the mino's now i'm hiding?

come off it :D

I'm too lazy to go and find comments from the Chelsea thread that may amuse me right now. So yeah, I'll leave it. :)

lol

Yeah I just looked over it.

maybe compliment was a bit of an overshot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

so let me get this right...

when the united fans and xavi etc come into the liverpool matchday threads and are gicking dropping their pearls of wisdom on us, everyone complains.

then, when they stay out of the thread the liverpool "fans" start crowing and crying asking where they are and why they aren't here....

christ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,579 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Wow, just read the whole thread and I have come to the conclusion there is at least 5 of ye on here that should have been born with Vaginas. I think ye know who are. :p

Nice to see Robbie get off the mark, fair play to him.

el rabitos wrote: »
    then, when they stay out of the thread the liverpool "fans" start crowing and crying asking where they are and why they aren't here....

christ...
    Just a gentle ribbing about their failed trolling antics last week. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Watched the highlights last night, two lovely left foot finishes from Robbie, hopefully the start of a run for him.