Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin shooting range badly needed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Jimkil wrote: »
    I did some planning on this type of venue not to long ago. The concept was to create more of a airsoft hangout than a full blown range.
    There would be a small reception with coffee and stuff along with a couple of computers to surf. The plan would be sell a small amount of airsoft goods and targets. Offer wall space for lads to sell their stuff. There is also opportunity to rent some aeg's to walkins.
    This would be located in the top floor of an industrial unit with parking. Its located Baldoyle. Its along narrow unit. Not the most ideal but not to bad either. I reckon it could take 2 lanes with motorized pulleys for targets. Another area would be a small CQB space. I had an idea to make the internal partition walls on wheels so the format could be changed to create a different space at ease.
    I still think it a nice idea but there were two main reasons for not going ahead. Hard to see how it would make much money in that its opening hours are very limited ie: how many airsofters are going to use it on Tue mornings. The labor cost is too high also.
    The some things that could make it work. If it had a resident teckie of if a retailer was to take some space for a small fee or commission.
    This is very rough outline and an idea i have not put to bed yet. If anyone out there has a interest in pursuing it or joining forces let me know.

A great concept but as its stands, as your rightly said, not a money maker. Forget notions of membership etc. People won't pay for it. You'd also have insurance to contend with. Your overheads for tea, coffee and PC's would be high alone. And selling targets won't keep your solvent. What you have there is a great add-on to a shop (Thats doing a decent turn over) Would be perfect. However I personally feel the market is saturated. I think players need to form good connections with the decent retailers, and from that, these type of concepts can be explored.

Also be wary that having such a venue will encourage people who just want somewhere to lounge, while not necessarily spending any money. Thats a major problem in venues that offer R&R locations for no cost. Having 200+ footfall per day sounds great, but you need those people spending money.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Boa.Prinz

The lads in Corrib even have one...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Boa.Prinz

Here's the Donegal one for completeness...

Advertisement