Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Kev O C

The new WOrld Cup song by Coca Cola. Is that available for download?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Scien wrote: »
    Hey, that's Black Daniel - Gimmie what you got.
    Can't find it on Youtube, but here's a Grooveshark link:
    http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Gimme+What+You+Got/2gILoM

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

This one has been wrecking my head for days

the song is probably no older then 10-12 years

I can hum the beat but that's no use ;)
    I think the lyrics are about 2 people kissing behind a movie theatre. And I think hue number 45 is in the song somewhere:o

sorry the description is so hazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

This one has been wrecking my head for days

the song is probably no older then 10-12 years

I can hum the beat but that's no use ;)
    I think the lyrics are about 2 people kissing behind a movie theatre. And I think hue number 45 is in the song somewhere:o

sorry the description is so hazy

Is it Brimful of Asha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

yimrsg wrote: »

THANK YOU!!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Jenna

Listening to the radio the other day, some dj remix of a few different relatively recent tracks. The radio dj said the tune was by someone called 'Nishant', don't know how it's spelled. I've discovered that there is some dj out there called dj Nishant but any of his songs that I've youtubbed seem to be in Indian. There's only one other one he seems to have done that's in English and that was 'Low' with Flo Rida, that is not the song I'm after. This was a remix of a good few different songs like Calvin Harris, maybe a bit of daft punk (but I can't remember).... anyone know of this remix...sorry I can't be more detailed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Jenna

Jenna wrote: »
    Listening to the radio the other day, some dj remix of a few different relatively recent tracks. The radio dj said the tune was by someone called 'Nishant', don't know how it's spelled. I've discovered that there is some dj out there called dj Nishant but any of his songs that I've youtubbed seem to be in Indian. There's only one other one he seems to have done that's in English and that was 'Low' with Flo Rida, that is not the song I'm after. This was a remix of a good few different songs like Calvin Harris, maybe a bit of daft punk (but I can't remember).... anyone know of this remix...sorry I can't be more detailed.

Sorry i think the word i'm looking for is 'mashup' and not remix. I'm new to the dj music. Help someone, i really wana hear this tune again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Hello

can anyone help with this song?

It currently plays in the background of the Greys Anatomy Advert on RTE

The lyrics in it is ''Here I Am''

probably many a version of this song but just cant track down the artist of this one, hope someone can help :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Haven't heard it but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it is Florence & The Machine :)

Sure why not. They are in everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jax2006

looking for the name of the band and song if anyone can help.

seen them on scuzz a few days ago. i think either the band name has perfect in it or the song does.

anyway its a blonde female singer who mainly sings but the guitarist sings towards the end of the song. its kind of old school rock video and raw rock music.

prob not good explanation but if anyone can help it would be great.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

shocksy wrote: »
    Hello

can anyone help with this song?

It currently plays in the background of the Greys Anatomy Advert on RTE

The lyrics in it is ''Here I Am''

probably many a version of this song but just cant track down the artist of this one, hope someone can help :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Thank you very much :) your a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

song I heard on Today FM tonight but didn't much on it only it had the word American in the title and a former or current member of R.E.M. was involved with it, anyone got any ideas?

thanks

edit, found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDn_C7Q-83k

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cake126

HI folks,

Just saw an ad on RTE Two. It's advertising all the stuff they're doing for July; All the sport, Criminal Minds... all that. Anyway, the song from that. The female singer keeps saying "Saturday" so that might be something to go on.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Does anybidy know that song from the uefa sa ghaeltacht documentary which was on about 2 weeks ago on tg4 about the match galway united played in cheathru rua? Theres a kinda scaringly funky beat to it sung in Gaeilge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Zonda999 wrote: »

cheers bud, my google search of 'dance song accordion' worked out well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

cake126 wrote: »
    The female singer keeps saying "Saturday" so that might be something to go on.

Thanks

Elton John - Saturday Nights Alright ( for fightin')? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

cake126 wrote: »
    HI folks,

Just saw an ad on RTE Two. It's advertising all the stuff they're doing for July; All the sport, Criminal Minds... all that. Anyway, the song from that. The female singer keeps saying "Saturday" so that might be something to go on.

Thanks
    I'd like to know this also.I'm not sure it's Saturday she's singing tbh. Emailed RTE & got no reply. :rolleyes:
    I have another RTE related query. What is that piece they are using for their Greys Anatomy season finale promo? It features a haunting female vocal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kayd

The song with "here I am" lyrics is This Mortal coil song to the siren. It's on you tube.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

jax2006 wrote: »
    looking for the name of the band and song if anyone can help.

seen them on scuzz a few days ago. i think either the band name has perfect in it or the song does.

anyway its a blonde female singer who mainly sings but the guitarist sings towards the end of the song. its kind of old school rock video and raw rock music.

prob not good explanation but if anyone can help it would be great.

cheers

Paramore, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

TV3 used an instrumental version of a recent-enough song (2009, I'd guess) as background music when they showed stats after the Dublin-Meath game.

The only thing I can remember is that the chorus features "woah-oh oh-woah oh-woah, woah-oh oh-woah oh-woah" in it twice I think. It'd have been popular enough, I recall hearing it on the radio a fair few times (though I clearly never bothered noting the name!)

It's been stuck in my head since, so any help would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

legendal wrote: »
    TV3 used an instrumental version of a recent-enough song (2009, I'd guess) as background music when they showed stats after the Dublin-Meath game.

The only thing I can remember is that the chorus features "woah-oh oh-woah oh-woah, woah-oh oh-woah oh-woah" in it twice I think. It'd have been popular enough, I recall hearing it on the radio a fair few times (though I clearly never bothered noting the name!)

It's been stuck in my head since, so any help would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

kayd wrote: »
    The song with "here I am" lyrics is This Mortal coil song to the siren. It's on you tube.:D
    Great first post. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Greyce

Hi all,

Very new to this so please excuse me if I post in the wrong area etc!

I am trying to find out the name of the song or the band that sings the accompanying song to the current RTE 2 ad which advertises the up coming shows on RTE 2. It's a female singer an there aren't really any major lyrics from what I can hear it's more; "La la la la la la ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh la la hey la la hey" it difficult to explain but hopefully someone out there can help me with this!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Greyce

Hi,

Desperately trying to find this out too!, Ahh it's doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know who sings the song in the ad for CSI: Miami?

I'm pretty sure the song is postcards by The Blizzards but it's a different artist

edit: Forget it- it's an acoustic version by the Blizzards

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Looking for the name of a recent enough song. I thought it was mika but i couldnt find it in any of his youtube videos. The song is a man singing kind of lowly over a xylophone(i think) Xylophone is kind of like dun-dun-dun:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Does anyone know what the song in the o2 ad with the turtles with helmets on is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

Anyone know what the song from the Budweiser ice cold ad is, the one in which everyone is frozen? Great ambient track would love to know it!

Advertisement