Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Ended on a cliffhanger....

Surely the big Tom Hardy looking warrior didn't just drive off after he was rear ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

that is the most petty thing i've ever seen. petty isn't the right word to describe the incident but it's all i can think of

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

on mobile, hope that embeds ok.

on board of the stig in the bac mono.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

What a scumbag.

From what I can see there's an motorcyclist which seem to be annoyed by lane hogger, and decides to give him a lesson.

This motorcyclist should get a darwin award.

P.S. - who is the scumbag btw?

kaimera wrote: »

on mobile, hope that embeds ok.

on board of the stig in the bac mono.

Fix for you.

CiniO wrote: »

Motorcyclist due the stupid brake check that resulted in the crash.

CiniO wrote: »
    From what I can see there's an motorcyclist which seem to be annoyed by lane hogger, and decides to give him a lesson.

This motorcyclist should get a darwin award.

Yeah, the guy on the motorcycle was a bit dumb to take on a car, but the driver was a complete scumbag to bump him off it, he could easily have been killed. The driver also showed very little concern for him, casually checking his own car first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

From the author of the video: "In the end, I was found guilty in an accident on the inspector's written complaint to the Investigative Committee, and the decision is appealed in court."

Both idiots. More so the biker though...

Tallon wrote: »
    Both idiots. More so the biker though...

Biker is an idiot, driver a scumbag.

But, he didn't have time to stop... He was going too fast!

The biker tore off at a mad speed (And I assume the chap started to do the same in the car) but the bike Jammed on (And I mean Jammed!) There's no way he could have avoided hitting him

What exactly are you saying it is that makes him a scumbag? Because he checked his car first?

Edit: Genuinely just looking for your opinion btw

but the driver was a complete scumbag to bump him off it, he could easily have been killed.

The motorcyclist clearly brake checked the car driver causing the crash.

But, he didn't have time to stop... He was going too fast!

The biker tore off at a mad speed (And I assume the chap started to do the same in the car) but the bike Jammed on (And I mean Jammed!) There's no way he could have avoided hitting him

What exactly are you saying it is that makes him a scumbag? Because he checked his car first?

Edit: Genuinely just looking for your opinion btw

Granted, the biker was being dick, but the driver made no effort whatsoever to avoid the accident. You think he sped up to keep up with the biker? That driver should have backed off, or moved into the other lane.

This is a car Vs a bike remember, if the biker wants to kill himself, go ahead. I wouldn't want it on my conscience if I had helped him simply because he brake tested me when i was hogging the overtaking lane, would you? No, only a scumbag would. ;)

Granted, the biker was being dick, but the driver made no effort whatsoever to avoid the accident. You think he sped up to keep up with the biker? That driver should have backed off, or moved into the other lane.

He did though. Once he was close enough, he had braked, but it was too late

The biker caused the crash, he slammed on the brakes, the car was too close to avoid it

Are you saying that if someone pulls in front of you, you're supposed to change lane?

If someone then pulls on front of you, and then takes off at speed, are you supposed to 'back off'?

This is a car Vs a bike remember, if the biker wants to kill himself, go ahead. I wouldn't want it on my conscience if I had helped him simply because he brake tested me when i was hogging the overtaking lane, would you? No, only a scumbag would. ;)

As above, the bike caused everything, the car could not avoid it, unless as soon as he seen the bike, he just pulled over and stopped completely. This wasn't possible, given the assumption (as mentioned above) that the bike had 'took off at speed'

• Advertisement

Watch it again. I suspect the lane hogging started long before the biker appeared on screen. The car even slows down before that, and only speeds up when the biker is ahead of him.

I could be wrong, but I see it as a scumbag in a car hitting a dickhead on a bike. :D

I see it as a dickhead on a bike, causing an idiot in a car to crash into him!

In fact, the more I think about it, I'm tempted to say the biker is the scumbag :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah, the guy on the motorcycle was a bit dumb to take on a car, but the driver was a complete scumbag to bump him off it, he could easily have been killed. The driver also showed very little concern for him, casually checking his own car first.

?

You don't brake test other vehicles and you 100% do not do it on a sports bike. Your smaller, with a fraction of the weight with far better tires. There is only really one possible outcome and the video shows it clearly.

?

You don't brake test other vehicles and you 100% do not do it on a sports bike. Your smaller, with a fraction of the weight with far better tires. There is only really one possible outcome and the video shows it clearly.

Like I said, if the biker wants to kill himself he can go ahead, the driver didn't need to help him, which he clearly did. Any normal person would have kept their distance after the first brake check.

In fact, most people would have let the biker pass long before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I see it as a dickhead on a bike, causing an idiot in a car to crash into him!

In fact, the more I think about it, I'm tempted to say the biker is the scumbag :eek:

I sort of have to agree. Looks like car driver was overtaking a lot and he was 100% speeding. I bet he though that he is going fast enough and there wount be anyonefaster then him, so he could stay in second lane. Though no matter how fast you thing you are, there will be always someone faster. He just needed to pull in, let him go and go back up with overtaking.
    As for biker - pure muppet and scumbag. Yes, driver in front of you did not let you pass, but it was clear that it was easy for him to undertake car and continue. At this stage both of them were already speeding anyway. Instead biker decided to brake test a car, a few times as we see too. As biker he should know that his acceleration and braking is a lot better and faster then cars. So wtf he expected. Car driver tried to avoid it, but could not.

So yeah, both are not the sharpest tools in a shed, but I have no sympathy to biker at all, he got what he deserved for brake checking.

The biker's actions could have resulted in killing himself - dickhead, but the driver's actions could resulted in killing somebody else - scumbag. :D

The biker's actions could have resulted in killing himself - dickhead, but the driver's actions could resulted in killing somebody else - scumbag. :D
    You keep saying that, but you won't say What actions?

The car braked, he then sped up when he thought there was no threat anymore, then the biker slammed on the brakes, the car braked again, but it was too late

As far as I can see, he tried his best... Although his best wasn't good enough

Doesn't make him a scumbag!

As far as I can see, he tried his best... Although his best wasn't good enough

Doesn't make him a scumbag!

He didn't try anything, he carried on regardless. That's my point.

He didn't try anything, he carried on regardless. That's my point.
    You can clearly see him slowing down and trying not to hit him

edit: this is gone onto 3 pages now.. They're both dickheads

/done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I think they are a bit of both

The biker should have known better, he should have minded his own business and keep driving. There is no point in trying to teach drivers like this a lesson, just let it go.

The car driver knew what he was doing and knew he was playing with fire, he even tried to overtake the bike using the left shoulder and failed to leave the safety distance after the bike made a couple of break attempts. He is no saint I can tell you that, but he knew that in case of a collision he will be the winner, and he was.

The bike knew he had no option if the car decided to ram him, he just thought he wouldnt have the balls to do it, not the smartest here... big mistake!

In conclusion, car driver needs to take it easy, biker needs to mind his own business, once a lane hogger always a lane hogger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

There's two of them in this although the driver seemed more interested in damage to his car then coming to the bikers aid post crash. That's not what I'd call normal behaviour but then neither were the events from both before the crash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

More vids, less chat!

rovoagho wrote: »
    More vids, less chat!

Okay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

^^^^Those are some bloody nasty potholes. How is anyone supposed- OH SWEET JESUS!!!!!

Posting this in the detailing section. Worth a post here too with the weather that's in it we'll all be out at the car a bit more.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Lads can people please say at what time in the video we should move on to. I've watched hours of shiote in here only to end up watching someone cut up a cyclist in a bus lane or yet another Russian get flung through the windscreen of some ****box. Just a little 'forward to 1:38' or so on would dothe trick. This thread is not for watching couriers driving transits around Dublin for 9 minutes before someone breaks a red light.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Lads can people please say at what time in the video we should move on to. I've watched hours of shiote in here only to end up watching someone cut up a cyclist in a bus lane or yet another Russian get flung through the windscreen of some ****box. Just a little 'forward to 1:38' or so on would dothe trick. This thread is not for watching couriers driving transits around Dublin for 9 minutes before someone breaks a red light.

Thanks.

Here you go, don't skip a second!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

That detailing video..is..em very detailed. There seems to be too much involved(detailing I mean) and you need around 50 micro fiber clothes as you must throw them away after each job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That detailing video..is..em very detailed. There seems to be too much involved(detailing I mean) and you need around 50 micro fiber clothes as you must throw them away after each job.

You can never have enough micro fiber clothes. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Believe it or not they have invented a big magic box called a washing machine that will clean your microfiber cloths :P;)

Apparently mothers use them to clean clothes too!

Skip to 20seconds in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My mam goes mad when I put my clothes in the wash, I have everything smelling like polish and wax. :p

<p>@Chris heilong. On the detailing, start off with two buckets, two wash mitts and the rest will follow! You don't have to break the bank. Most of the aldi/lidl/tesco stuff is good enough for the non ocd detailers and far better than sponges and t-cut</p>

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

5 right, 200 straight, small jump possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

some nice Japanese metal in New Zealand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

The noise! Move over Ferrari!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

^ Oh dear, was the road not wide enough for him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

^ Oh dear, was the road not wide enough for him....

Wideness of the road doesnt really have much to do with it. White lines + rain + 700bhp + 640kg + no traction control makes that a very easy mistake to make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Senna driving an NSX

• Advertisement
Advertisement