Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New game shop on Grafton St.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

Anyone know where i can get a Dreamcast at all? cant find one. Maybe they have one in there.

I think I saw a Dreamcast in the retro console section of the Peats behind the Ilac Centre last year, although I'm not sure if it was for sale or not. I could be completely wrong but if you're desperate for one you could always check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I think I saw a Dreamcast in the retro console section of the Peats behind the Ilac Centre last year, although I'm not sure if it was for sale or not. I could be completely wrong but if you're desperate for one you could always check.

Cheers man, I'll have a look an see, but i wouldnt think they would have one. No rush but just keeping an eye out for one, ya know yourself. pity Rage is closed, could ask in there but he has enough on his plate at the moment:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I can tell you that Peats haven't had a Dreamcast in stock in years, I know because I work there. I wouldn't want you to waste your time. It's possible DaaaaaaaaaaN did see something when we were celebrating our 76th year in business as we had lots of old technology on display but a lot of that was the managers gear and is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Rage doesn't do any disc based games or consoles, only carts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

I can tell you that Peats haven't had a Dreamcast in stock in years, I know because I work there. I wouldn't want you to waste your time. It's possible DaaaaaaaaaaN did see something when we were celebrating our 76th year in business as we had lots of old technology on display but a lot of that was the managers gear and is long gone.

Ahh my bad, that must have been it then cause there were a few Atari's and other old consoles on display as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh my bad, that must have been it then cause there were a few Atari's and other old consoles on display as well.

I'm afraid one of the managers is a bit of a collector. Sorry about that Dan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

theres a great shop on fade street that has all sorts of stuff. music shop too and the guy running it is sound. it does mean you have to go to fade street though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone know what thier trade in credit system is like? Is it halfway fair, or is it like Gamestop where everything but a few select titles is going to get about ten quid store credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

o1s1n wrote: »
    Rage doesn't do any disc based games or consoles, only carts.

What/who is Rage?
    They have gamecube games in stock. Prices on games not great but the prices for consoles seem pretty decent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this the shop at the top of grafton st?If its the same one I'm thinking of then there very expensive.

• Advertisement

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    What/who is Rage?
    They have gamecube games in stock. Prices on games not great but the prices for consoles seem pretty decent.

It's the aforementioned retro game and music shop on Fade St, Dublin. Their disc based gaming selection is limited to some Gamecube and PS1 titles, but they're the best in the city for old carts and consoles. 3D games' prices have improved slightly and their selection of older titles has improved and moved beyond a few sport titles, costs are still slightly painful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Slightly painful? 3D Games prices are insane, I'm honestly astounded they're still open because it's always empty.

The brand is trying to establish itself in Ireland, so the franchisee is probably getting help from HQ, or well, more help than usual as the company provides rent-aid anyways. That might go a way to explaining as to why they're still
    in business. I know they're not ideal prices, especially facing across the road from the likes of HMV, but I'd rather they stuck around. Their stock tends to be a bit more diverse than HMVs/Game/Gamestop i.e. older stuff and last gen gear and if they sell well, then the big boys might jump on the bandwagon a bit and sell off the stuff they've got stuck in warehouses somewhere gathering dust.

Master of the Universe

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Their stock tends to be a bit more diverse than HMVs/Game/Gamestop i.e. older stuff and last gen gear and if they sell well, then the big boys might jump on the bandwagon a bit and sell off the stuff they've got stuck in warehouses somewhere gathering dust.

Their stock is diverse but it's a load of crap. And expensive crap at that. I'm all for having a shop on Grafton street selling older games. I'd even be willing to spend a bit more than I normally do on ebay for them. It's the stock itself that I have an issue with. It's mostly worthless rubbish.

If The RAGE, a little independant shop can get in a load of quality older titles then why can't a big franchise shop like that do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That 3DGames place is alright for GCN games, way over priced but second hand, they have a few gems, just have a 'good' look. Better than GameSexchange anyday but thats a given really.

Also, what price would a GBC system be in RAGE? Thinking of getting one to play Zelda mario etc on it to tide me over until next year when I might get a 3DS.

What is the GB/GBC catalog like in there? Price? What would you recommend? Is it downstairs?

Or even maybe I should get a GBA SP?

I've never been to RAGE *blush*

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Exempo

I was in there today and they DO sell gamecube games! They also sell some unboxed nes, snes, gb, gbc, gba games and gba consoles (although i bought one so now theres only one left) so i hope that answers a few questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JackComerford

it's a great little shop, they have ps3 games, 360 games, wii games, gamecube games, xbox 1 games, ps2 games, ps1, n64, SNES, original gameboy games and even NES games! They sell old consoles too

Master of the Universe

Exempo wrote: »
    I was in there today and they DO sell gamecube games! They also sell some unboxed nes, snes, gb, gbc, gba games and gba consoles (although i bought one so now theres only one left) so i hope that answers a few questions
    it's a great little shop, they have ps3 games, 360 games, wii games, gamecube games, xbox 1 games, ps2 games, ps1, n64, SNES, original gameboy games and even NES games! They sell old consoles too

Two people signing up to boards just to tell us how great this place is?

WOW! It must really be good.

Wait a minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Wait a minute...

Would you look at all the stuff they have.. Nes games, snes games, Ogdenville, North Haverbrook, toasters... Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

They also forgot to mention how greatly overpriced the shop is too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

it's a great little shop, WE have ps3 games, 360 games, wii games, gamecube games, xbox 1 games, ps2 games, ps1, n64, SNES, original gameboy games and even NES games! WE sell old consoles too

Fixed that for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Wait a minute...

I simply have to go now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i'm in there like a boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Exempo wrote: »

I hope they gave you a staff discount

This shop annoys me. I want it to continue existing, but it prices itself out of being a viability. Not gargantuanly at all, just ever so slightly. Their prices tend to hover at just above HMV/GAME prices. Like HMV's 40 will be 50 in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

This shop annoys me. I want it to continue existing, but it prices itself out of being a viability. Not gargantuanly at all, just ever so slightly. Their prices tend to hover at just above HMV/GAME prices. Like HMV's 40 will be 50 in 3D.

I've seen games in there for 40 euro that you can get for 15 in most places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I was interviewed for a position to work there before it opened last year, the manager didn't have a clue about anything to do with games and asked me where my CV was when I showed up even though I'd sent it to her in the email I used to apply for the job in the first place.

Shop sucks.

TheTosh wrote: »
    I've seen games in there for 40 euro that you can get for 15 in most places

**** that then. I remember buying a controller in there for a tenner and went back three days later and seen the exact same thing being sold at fifteen. I could just imagine'em going "we sold one, quick, quick, raise it, raise it".

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Having a look at all of the pictures from the Grand Openings in the US stores and the Dublin store, it doesn't seem as if this place will do much business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm like that. I wish them all the success, but with their selection and prices... I'm sorry I won't be a customer. Every now and then I'll pop the head in and see if there's anything nice that I can get.

Advertisement