Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Not uncommon bitd for top acts to be up n down the UK in a night covering sometimes 2-3 events such was the demand .... I've heard a few stories about DJ's n groups been spotted sat in some motorway cafes having a quick coffee n smoke before hitting the next town! no airs n graces just out earning their crusts!

Respect to that!

Anyway..... Top Buzz @ Entropy NYE 91 (not sure wheter this was earlier in the night or after the Fantazia appearance) ......

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

aceberg wrote: »
    Yeah i'm with upc.Does it not also depend were your download from i.e. megaupload.:confused:

Not too sure actually Asa. I always thought it was just about the speed of your provider and not the actual site as when i download a mix of around the same size from either Mediafire or Megaupload, they are in and around the same time. What speed are you on with UPC mate.

Just done a test on http://speedtest.net/ as i hadn't done one in a while and of course Eircom are robbin me as usual. They say the offer 8mb speeds as standard in my area but this is what i got.

Download Speed - 5.3 MB
    Upload Speed - 0.43MB

I woulda thought that UPC would be a good bit higher than that Asa. Seems strange that your downloads are taking so long if it is. Maybe you might need to Defrag your laptop man.

Savage Ratty set this ....

Anyone wanna have a stab at tracklisting??

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'm sure i have the whole tape pack ill check and get back to you, amazing tunage

Nice one Jonny ...... I have the tracklist for it but no file :o

Tracklist (Side 2) Top Buzz Fantazia NYE 91 'Takes You into 92'
    1. New Era - New Era [Great Asset]
    2. M D Emm - Get Down [Strictly Underground]
    3. Energizer Volume 1
    4. Matrix Rise - Reality [Mutant]
    5. Potential Bad Boy - Everyday Child [Sublogic Recordings / Ninety Two Retro]
    6. Matrix Rise - Doyle Factor [Mutant]
    7. DJ SS - E Face (Remix) [Formation]
    8. 2 Bad Mice - 2 Bad Mice (Remix) [Moving Shadow]
    9. Band Of Gypsies - Take Me Higher [Puls8]
    10. Rabbit City - Beyond Control [Rabbit City]
    11. Reel 2 Reel - LSD [Share002]
    12. Art FX - Olympia [Dance Opera]
    13. Frequency - Kiss The Sky [Lower East Side]
    Be good if you manage to dig it out J , cheers man.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

germulhall wrote: »
    Not too sure actually Asa. I always thought it was just about the speed of your provider and not the actual site as when i download a mix of around the same size from either Mediafire or Megaupload, they are in and around the same time. What speed are you on with UPC mate.

Just done a test on http://speedtest.net/ as i hadn't done one in a while and of course Eircom are robbin me as usual. They say the offer 8mb speeds as standard in my area but this is what i got.

Download Speed - 5.3 MB
    Upload Speed - 0.43MB

I woulda thought that UPC would be a good bit higher than that Asa. Seems strange that your downloads are taking so long if it is. Maybe you might need to Defrag your laptop man.

Yeah very strange indeed Ger

10.61 download and 2.22 upload :confused:

Now i'm not too sure how long exactly it took to d/l as i went of shopping and it was finished when i came back.But when i began the d.l the tim appreared as 2 hrs 1 min it did jump to 3 hrs 5 mins at 1 stage :eek: but reduced then again to 1 hr 56 mins.I know this is just a guide and it can d/l much quiker but i would say after 20 mins it was at 34% then i went shoping so still a bit strange how it took me longer to d/l.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Maaah, it's not a bad tune,nothing special...............but I think you should consider a lawsuit against the glenroyal on grounds of damaged hearing :p

p.s.
    and possibly taste :D

Now this, this is a tune

You're not even joking? Like I said, that is cheesier htan that Gigi track I put up. My DJ misjah acid track is solid as **** and just shows how little taste most of you have.

Yeah very strange indeed Ger

10.61 download and 2.22 upload :confused:

Now i'm not too sure how long exactly it took to d/l as i went of shopping and it was finished when i came back.But when i began the d.l the tim appreared as 2 hrs 1 min it did jump to 3 hrs 5 mins at 1 stage :eek: but reduced then again to 1 hr 56 mins.I know this is just a guide and it can d/l much quiker but i would say after 20 mins it was at 34% then i went shoping so still a bit strange how it took me longer to d/l.

Yeah thats deffo not right at at all Asa. Do you use a cleaner on your laptop. Every night or 2 i make sure to run a full clean on my drive. If you dont, everything gets clogged up and thrown all over the place and that is what starts causing your laptop to run slow. It will just keep on getting slower and slower until eventually it will barely even move at all. You can download CCleaner for free here http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/. Its a really good program which also includes a Registry booster cleaner as well. If you run both of these every few nights you should be back to getting the right speeds you've paid for mate.

If that doesnt work then i would say its definitely a UPC issue, so i'd tear into them on the phone!!! :D

Yeah thats deffo not right at at all Asa. Do you use a cleaner on your laptop. Every night or 2 i make sure to run a full clean on my drive. If you dont, everything gets clogged up and thrown all over the place and that is what starts causing your laptop to run slow. It will just keep on getting slower and slower until eventually it will barely even move at all. You can download CCleaner for free here http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/. Its a really good program which also includes a Registry booster cleaner as well. If you run both of these every few nights you should be back to getting the right speeds you've paid for mate.

If that doesnt work then i would say its definitely a UPC issue, so i'd tear into them on the phone!!! :D

Were meant to be on 20mbs.Now the 3 playstations are running in the other room so obviously this would have an effect.Not sure if they were running earlier tho.

Yes Ger i have cc cleaner only d/l it the other day tbh.So must run regular checks as you also suggested.

So question when i run the speed test what exactly is it testing the speed of.:confused:Is it the speed of my pc at that particular point in time that i run the test or is it something else.:confused:

Were meant to be on 20mbs.Now the 3 playstations are running in the other room so obviously this would have an effect.Not sure if they were running earlier tho.

Yes Ger i have cc cleaner only d/l it the other day tbh.So must run regular checks as you also suggested.

So question when i run the speed test what exactly is it testing the speed of.:confused:Is it the speed of my pc at that particular point in time that i run the test or is it something else.:confused:

I presume it would alright. I only have one laptop running off mine so i wouldnt be the man to talk to on that one mate but i would imagine that the PS3's wouldn't take near that much speed off Asa. You seem to be losing a lot. And if you only downloaded the CCleaner recently its looking more like thats your problem.
    You will also need to download a Defragger from here http://download.cnet.com/Defraggler/3000-2248_4-10752905.html as well which may take a good few hours to complete. Some can take a day or more . :eek: It all depends on how clooged up with ****e your laptop may be man. But its well worth it in the end as your laptop will be like new afterwards. I only Defragged mine a few months back and it completely changed the performance back to where it should be. It took around 5 hours and wasnt to bad in the end. Hopefully if you run the CCleaner regularily you may not have to Defrag but if the ****e speed keeps up i'd deffo do it Asa.

The Speedtest site is there to show you what exact speeds you are getting off your service provider and to see if your being robbed or not. I've always presumed it to be acurate and have never heard anything to the contrary so far. If you scroll down the left hand corner of the page on the site it should state something similar to that effect. Let us know how ya get on man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Nice one Jonny ...... I have the tracklist for it but no file :o

Tracklist (Side 2) Top Buzz Fantazia NYE 91 'Takes You into 92'
    1. New Era - New Era [Great Asset]
    2. M D Emm - Get Down [Strictly Underground]
    3. Energizer Volume 1
    4. Matrix Rise - Reality [Mutant]
    5. Potential Bad Boy - Everyday Child [Sublogic Recordings / Ninety Two Retro]
    6. Matrix Rise - Doyle Factor [Mutant]
    7. DJ SS - E Face (Remix) [Formation]
    8. 2 Bad Mice - 2 Bad Mice (Remix) [Moving Shadow]
    9. Band Of Gypsies - Take Me Higher [Puls8]
    10. Rabbit City - Beyond Control [Rabbit City]
    11. Reel 2 Reel - LSD [Share002]
    12. Art FX - Olympia [Dance Opera]
    13. Frequency - Kiss The Sky [Lower East Side]
    Be good if you manage to dig it out J , cheers man.
    :cool:

It's not on my laptop but im almost sure i have the remastered CD in me ma's gaff somewhere ill try and dig it out when im there next.

I presume it would alright. I only have one laptop running off mine so i wouldnt be the man to talk to on that one mate but i would imagine that the PS3's wouldn't take near that much speed off Asa. You seem to be losing a lot. And if you only downloaded the CCleaner recently its looking more like thats your problem.
    You will also need to download a Defragger from here http://download.cnet.com/Defraggler/3000-2248_4-10752905.html as well which may take a good few hours to complete. Some can take a day or more . :eek: It all depends on how clooged up with ****e your laptop may be man. But its well worth it in the end as your laptop will be like new afterwards. I only Defragged mine a few months back and it completely changed the performance back to where it should be. It took around 5 hours and wasnt to bad in the end. Hopefully if you run the CCleaner regularily you may not have to Defrag but if the ****e speed keeps up i'd deffo do it Asa.

The Speedtest site is there to show you what exact speeds you are getting off your service provider and to see if your being robbed or not. I've always presumed it to be acurate and have never heard anything to the contrary so far. If you scroll down the left hand corner of the page on the site it should state something similar to that effect. Let us know how ya get on man.

2 playstations running now and were up to 12 so this answers my question when i run the test it checks the speed at that particualr point in time that i am receiving on my pc and not what speed is been sent.(thats what i'm thinking now anyways)I'll check it again later when all the playstations are off.But i have checked it in the past and it's been pretty much bang on.I was on 25mbs in my own house.

Ger i'm on a desktop not a laptop why do you d/l a defragger i know there built into pc@s not sure about laptops.Yes i have defragged in the past.The time it takes also depends on the amout of files etc you actually have on your pc.:)

2 playstations running now and were up to 12 so this answers my question when i run the test it checks the speed at that particualr point in time that i am receiving on my pc and not what speed is been sent.(thats what i'm thinking now anyways)I'll check it again later when all the playstations are off.But i have checked it in the past and it's been pretty much bang on.I was on 25mbs in my own house.

Ger i'm on a desktop not a laptop why do you d/l a defragger i know there built into pc@s not sure about laptops.Yes i have defragged in the past.The time it takes also depends on the amout of files etc you actually have on your pc.:)

Yeah sure see how ya get on this evening and if it keeps up give UPC a bell man. Most defraggers that come with your Desktop are only small programs that dont give you a full system defrag so your only pissin in the wind with them. I havent used my built in defragger in a couple of years and only use the CCleaner a few times every week and have had no problems in a long while. But it may just be your provider as i heard of a good few people having trouble with UPC all year. Hard to know man. Its all about a bit of trial and error i suppose. :)

You're not even joking? Like I said, that is cheesier htan that Gigi track I put up. My DJ misjah acid track is solid as **** and just shows how little taste most of you have.

:D

Sides DC classics mixed by Ken Tobin.

Side 1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1KS5C34

Punchanella - Santransisco
    State of Grace - Not Over Yet
    Marcella Detroit - Higher
    My Friend Sam - Its My Pleasure
    Keith Mac - Dee Dah Dah
    Hyper Go Go - Never Let Go
    The Shaker - Mooncat
    Linear Logic - Horny As Funk
    Chapter 9 - The Wall
    Rozzo - Into Your Heart
    Cocktail Twins - Remember Remember
    D.O.P. - Lion
    Bedrock - For What You Dream Of
    Viewfinder - I Want You All Night
    Chapter 9 - Rollercoaster
    K.G.B. - Burnin Like Fire
    Tocatta - Skychild
    Dharma Bums - Dharma Means Truth
    M.D.M.A. - Kreator
    Rizzo - Keep Ya Head On
    M.D.M.A. - Karma Chant
    Invader - Invader
    Visions Of Shiva - Perfect Day

Side 2
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1F7K1DLT

Vision Masters feat Kylie Minogue – Keep on Pumpin it (1991)
    The Shaker – Just Lick It (1995)
    Kay Merry Go Round – Tales From The Crypt (1993)
    Tin Tin Out – Always (1995)
    Viewfinder – Back II Front (1992)
    The Two Amigos – Set You Free (1995)
    Funky Dory – Goodtimes (1994)
    Gemini IV – Jump (1994)
    Inspiral Carpets – Saturn 5 (1994)
    De Donatis III – The Sound (1997)
    The Source – Clouds (1997)
    Movin Melodies – P.A.R.T.Y. (1994)
    Coloured Vision – Violet Rain (1993)
    Mo Tune – Infinite Climax (1994)
    Baby Doc – Temptation Of The Matahari (1995)
    Planet E Team – Gooroo (1995)
    Formosa – OD On Groove (1991)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Sides DC classics mixed by Ken Tobin.

Side 1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1KS5C34

Punchanella - Santransisco
    State of Grace - Not Over Yet
    Marcella Detroit - Higher
    My Friend Sam - Its My Pleasure
    Keith Mac - Dee Dah Dah
    Hyper Go Go - Never Let Go
    The Shaker - Mooncat
    Linear Logic - Horny As Funk
    Chapter 9 - The Wall
    Rozzo - Into Your Heart
    Cocktail Twins - Remember Remember
    D.O.P. - Lion
    Bedrock - For What You Dream Of
    Viewfinder - I Want You All Night
    Chapter 9 - Rollercoaster
    K.G.B. - Burnin Like Fire
    Tocatta - Skychild
    Dharma Bums - Dharma Means Truth
    M.D.M.A. - Kreator
    Rizzo - Keep Ya Head On
    M.D.M.A. - Karma Chant
    Invader - Invader
    Visions Of Shiva - Perfect Day

Side 2
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1F7K1DLT

Vision Masters feat Kylie Minogue – Keep on Pumpin it (1991)
    The Shaker – Just Lick It (1995)
    Kay Merry Go Round – Tales From The Crypt (1993)
    Tin Tin Out – Always (1995)
    Viewfinder – Back II Front (1992)
    The Two Amigos – Set You Free (1995)
    Funky Dory – Goodtimes (1994)
    Gemini IV – Jump (1994)
    Inspiral Carpets – Saturn 5 (1994)
    De Donatis III – The Sound (1997)
    The Source – Clouds (1997)
    Movin Melodies – P.A.R.T.Y. (1994)
    Coloured Vision – Violet Rain (1993)
    Mo Tune – Infinite Climax (1994)
    Baby Doc – Temptation Of The Matahari (1995)
    Planet E Team – Gooroo (1995)
    Formosa – OD On Groove (1991)

Nice 1 Jonny, going to d/l this now and have a listen, I actually have some of these vinyls (bought from Ken himself - really nice bloke)

http://www.adverts.ie/vinyl/1000-dance-records-for-sale-hard-house-trance-dublin-classics/324022

Think I've a coupla other mixes he sent me somewhere on my phd, I'll try dig them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Asa man on UPC you should have the fasted BB around. WHen I had them I was dl files in seconds that previously took hours. Defo get onto them

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

es-cee wrote: »
    can't find a full vid of this track, which is a pity. coz it's fúckin killer!

got re-released a coupla years back on vinyl, gonna have to buy myself a copy.

es i have that in me house paid a tenner for it, its yours for the same if u want bud??:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Two more off the Hitlist from the other thread...

P1 is : Bommerang - innerspace

R is : Claas one - exotherm reaktion

SteoL wrote: »
    Asa man on UPC you should have the fasted BB around. WHen I had them I was dl files in seconds that previously took hours. Defo get onto them

Ah yeah i know steo.I'd say its the playstations robbing the alot of the speed.I'll be belling them 2morrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

es i have that in me house paid a tenner for it, its yours for the same if u want bud??:cool:

yeah man, sweet as a nut. you on paypal?

not oldskool, but a good track is a good track, and i thought it would be better appreciated here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Watched that documentary a few months ago. Wanted to kick the b0ll0cks out of their old manager by the end of it. A horrible, despicable c*nt if ever there was one. I'm presuming they've hired a new one since reforming.

This is a superb mix from Slipmatt i remember buying this but i lost CD2 of it

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2845437865/VA-UDP_88-92_The_Anthems_2.rar

Tracklist

CD1

1-01 Source, The – You Got The Love 4:01
    1-02 Kariya – Baby Let Me Love You Tonite 4:59
    1-03 Sueno Latino – Sueno Latino 4:34
    1-04 Raze – Break 4 Love 4:50
    1-05 Debbie Malone – Rescue Me 4:09
    1-06 Dionne – Come Get My Lovin' 2:50
    1-07 Fast Eddie – I Can Dance 3:05
    1-08 Fast Eddie – Acid Thunder 3:05
    1-09 WestBam – Monkey Say, Monkey Do 3:07
    1-10 Wood Allen – Airport 89 2:03
    1-11 Renegade Soundwave – The Phantom 2:07
    1-12 Humanoid – Stakker Humanoid 4:32
    1-13 Silver Bullet – Bring Forth The Guilotine 6:11
    1-14 Shut Up & Dance – £20 To Get In 3:07
    1-15 A Homeboy A Hippie & A Funky Dread – Total Confusion 3:00
    1-16 4 Hero – Mr. Kirk's Nightmare 5:02
    1-17 One Tribe – What Have You Done? 3:42
    1-18 Future Sound Of London – Papua New Guinea 4:52

CD2

2-01 Nightmares On Wax – Dextrous 3:04
    2-02 LFO – LFO 2:43
    2-03 Pink Noise – Give Me The Energy 3:27
    2-04 GTO – Pure 3:14
    2-05 Doctor Baker – Kaos 4:10
    2-06 Kick Squad – Sound Clash 4:01
    2-07 Moby – Go 4:01
    2-08 Modular Expansion – Cubes 2:26
    2-09 Petra & Co – Just Let Go 2:56
    2-10 Trigger – Stratosphere 2:29
    2-11 Quadrophonia – Quadrophonia 4:17
    2-12 Cedric Winkleburger & The Yellow Blueberrys – Take It Easy (Remix) 4:27
    2-13 2 Bad Mice – Bombscare 4:26
    2-14 DJ's Unite – Volume 1 3:31
    2-15 Edge – Compnded 4:09
    2-16 Jonny L – Hurt You So 3:29
    2-17 Psychotropic – Hypnosis 4:43
    2-18 Force Mass Motion – Panic 4:56

Info

Label: United Music LTD. – UMCD004
    Format: 2 × CD, Mixed, Compilation
    Released: 23 Jun 1997
    Genre: Electronic
    Style: Breakbeat, House, Acid, Techno

DJ Mix, Compiled By – DJ Slipmatt

Size:313.2MB
    MPEG 1.0 layer 3
    44100Hz Stereo
    320kbit

ivibv2qj0oqpcg262k0i.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement

yeah man, sweet as a nut. you on paypal?
    na es if your in dublin ill meet ye with it no problems you southside or north of the river??:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Blast from the old school past. Anybody know what became of Night Owls?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/300579_10150282607174480_579004479_7698390_6655841_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/300579_10150282607174480_579004479_7698390_6655841_n.jpg

it reopened a few years ago, il mondo it was called. was in it a few times, think its closed again tho.

na es if your in dublin ill meet ye with it no problems you southside or north of the river??:eek::eek:

thats cool man yeah, i'm just beside artane mate, are you northside?

just have to pay a few bills this week and then i'll grab it off ya then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

not oldskool, but a good track is a good track, and i thought it would be better appreciated here.

The guy is real good! here he is on Grafton street.

Off Topic

F&*KUP by RTE stagehands :rolleyes: :)

It's on the player for a clearer video. :)

Anybody got an mp3 of this.

Equazion – Close your eyes (Q-Tex remix)

Few id's aswell lads.Had these id before.But lost the folder i had them in.Managed to remember most meself but can't remember theser.1 is a Sy-Kick track i d/l from Ger soooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement

thats cool man yeah, i'm just beside artane mate, are you northside?

just have to pay a few bills this week and then i'll grab it off ya then ;)
    sound es , well when ur ready pm me your number an ill get it over 2 ye..:D

it reopened a few years ago, il mondo it was called. was in it a few times, think its closed again tho.
    ye it reopened as il mondo, jordan done the re-opening party got a picture of me her an the twins:) its now a gym and the pub below is a superquinn, does a mean sean,s brown.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Yeah it became known as El Mondos but closed a few years ago now. Its lying idle as far as I know, the pub that was attached to it The Four Provinces is now a superquinn shop. I was at a couple of Old Skool night in it years ago when Kavanagh & Pressure played, good nights when Old Skool nights were few and far between at the time!
    Off Topic

F&*KUP by RTE stagehands :rolleyes: :)

It's on the player for a clearer video. :)

Seen it, cringe material, dont know whats worse witnessing it or watching it:eek:

Anybody got an mp3 of this.

Equazion – Close your eyes (Q-Tex remix)

Few id's aswell lads.Had these id before.But lost the folder i had them in.Managed to remember most meself but can't remember theser.1 is a Sy-Kick track i d/l from Ger soooooooooooooooo

Ha ha i forgot to put the samples in.....tho..........:D

http://www.zshare.net/audio/96109438f6c84301/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/96109368092a8e4d/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/96109361253f620d/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/9610927607b1abbc/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/96109260826fe1a6/

• Advertisement

4 is this Ace.

And the first is this one from Sy-Kick. Love that EP!!

Cheers Ger.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Just want to throw this one out, may fall into the category of 'same old tunes etc' category, but my jesus, this lifted the lid on the Rave, one of those that literally had you by the balls when it was thumping out, no way the garda would have survived a raid if they pulled the plug on this one mid flight,

Think pablo posted up ages back, he remembers the garda arriving on the scene mid way through the night for a raid on the ASYLUM, the bouncer (or someone said to them, Paraphrasing pablo here)

"Theres about 1000 mad out of Ravers in there!!, you want to be the one to throw the switch? Be my guest."

At which point the garda hestitated & began discussing amongst themselves.:p:D:):cool:;)

One of my favorite Leftfield tracks...

377860_10150368981348093_716953092_8651906_968304349_n.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement