Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying ANYTHING with phone credit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Turns out G2A are scummy and try and lock you into a subscription service.
    You are unable to cancel the G2A Shield subscription at the moment because of the G2A Shield 30 day free trial you have activated. The subscription can only be deactivated two days before the end of the 30 day free trial period.

F'ck em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

did any of those actually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not that I know of, Dragons Den idea for someone.

If anyone has an alternative to G2A for Steam keys that'd be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I'm on Three and I can buy anything I want on the Play Store except hardware. I've bought apps, rented movies, paid for subscription services (e.g. Google Music, YouTube Red, Evernote...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

Has anyone any suggestions for tesco payg credit? Adverts seem to be the only use I have found so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was just going to start a thread like this and then saw this one.

Like someone said above anthing that's not hardware can be paid for with credit on the Play Store. I rented The Nice Guys last night and cast it to my Chromecast. Was only €1.25 or something as they have 75% off at the moment on your first rental. Also paid for a couple of premium apps.

I also pay my subscription to AVG mobile through phone credit and my subscription to Lastpass.

You can pay for onstreet parking in most places now by texting a number.

Still looking for anything else though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

How can I set up my credit to be used in the play store?

Bob Z wrote: »
    How can I set up my credit to be used in the play store?

If you're with three just "add a payment option" when checking out. If you arent, you cant.

ED E wrote: »
    If you're with three just "add a payment option" when checking out. If you arent, you cant.

I was with them and didn't know you could do that now I'm with tesco

• Advertisement

is three the only to allow you to do that?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bob Z wrote: »
    is three the only to allow you to do that?

Vodafone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ladiesman321

@ED E,

Can I ask how/where you got that breakdown of your 'Cash Credits'?

Thanks

@ED E,

Can I ask how/where you got that breakdown of your 'Cash Credits'?

Thanks

No idea. Havent gone back to G2A.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ladiesman321

I meant on your 3 account, you posted a picture showing your top ups and how much is remaining from the top up, I'd like to see my own. Please let me know where you found that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Download the My3 app. It tells you all your credits and when they expire etc.

I meant on your 3 account, you posted a picture showing your top ups and how much is remaining from the top up, I'd like to see my own. Please let me know where you found that. Thanks.

https://my3account.three.ie/My_account_balance

Its really obvious once you login, so I have to assume somethings different for you:
    A) If you're on mobile use Chrome and select "Request Desktop Version" in settings
    B) If you're an o2 Customer migrated to three and still on an o2 plan all bets are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is it just three that you can buy Deezer with credit and Vodafone for Spotify?

Might switch to another network but the ability to subscribe to a streaming service for free(kinda) is appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Looks like Three have pulled the option to buy game credit from hmvgamecredit and buygamecredit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Looks like Three have pulled the option to buy game credit from hmvgamecredit and buygamecredit :(

How do you know?

Edit: I see why now. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057720485/1

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    How do you know?

Because i tried to buy game credit from both sites and the only carrier option on both was Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Seems to be fixed now for that gaming credit going by replies to the support thread.

Random Update: World of Tanks (Wargaming) have changed their mobile topup system. You now call Daopay.

Its 35% more expensive than regular payment methods as you call a 1590 number and they add a €2 fee.

Still better than wasting it or giving it to scummers like G2A.

Random Update: World of Tanks (Wargaming) have changed their mobile topup system. You now call Daopay.

Its 35% more expensive than regular payment methods as you call a 1590 number and they add a €2 fee.

Still better than wasting it or giving it to scummers like G2A.
    Have they fixed the game so 99% of your time isnt spent on a boring drive to the fight? :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Have they fixed the game so 99% of your time isnt spent on a boring drive to the fight? :D

Yeah, its called Arty, no driving required.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Not sure if it has been mentioned but may be of use to someone:

https://www.parkingtag.ie/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Quiksilver

If anyone has been looking to get PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds on PC you'll be glad to know that you that you can get it from their website and pay with phone credit. it seems you have to have an 087 number to use the service though. I know that i'm with three but have an 087 number and it works fine for me, my sister is 086 and the service wouldn't work.

Also it seems that G2A have removed the option to pay by phone.

Quiksilver wrote: »
    If anyone has been looking to get PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds on PC you'll be glad to know that you that you can get it from their website and pay with phone credit. it seems you have to have an 087 number to use the service though. I know that i'm with three but have an 087 number and it works fine for me, my sister is 086 and the service wouldn't work.

Also it seems that G2A have removed the option to pay by phone.
    Im an 086 number from the early days of mobiles and Im with 3, I just paid for it there no problem, installing on Steam now.

Thanks a million for that! Ive heard good things about this game. Please post if you ever hear anything else like that. It would be great if there was a list of games hat could be bought with credit somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's still no hope for Steam Keys or gift cards no?

Or even Ninty ones?

Might starting selling Xbox/Sony ones on eBay/Adverts and just out the money aside for bills.

Advertisement