Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months New 02 MNVO

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I'm trying to port out from 48 to eMobile. There's no option on their systems to port from 48. Tried porting from o2 but that didn't work, so then they tried porting from tesco mobile and that appeared to go through on their systems, would that be right 48 / tesco ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

Yes tesco might work fine. Tesco/48 months are all o2 network.

Regarding moving for a month and back again, it might be better to just use a different (48 months provided) number for the month, rather than porting to and from.

The usual warnings

1) Make sure phone is network unlocked. -E.g. try an 02/vodafone/meteor sim
    2) Make sure all credit is used up and you give old provider 30 days notice or are out of contract
    3) Backup phone contacts (write them on paper or use a lead to the phone)
    4) try to transfer contacts from the SIM to the phone's memory -usually under phonebook options
    5) Only switch weekdays as the transfer may be quicker
    6) During porting time keep OLD sim in phone until it stops working. Then use new sim
    7) Make sure you have a backup phone line handy and alternative internet access in case you have problems.
    8) 48 months has NO CALL CENTRE, so you need to solve your own problems or ask through the website.

Consider the catches carefully especially the limited calls to landlines and the difficulty you may have topping up, the inability to ring directory enquiries and 1890 numbers, roaming etc.

If only playing around use a spare phone rather than your main phone and they will give you a different number. You can port your other number over at a later stage if needed.

I am still with them after a few months. I have set up a VOIP cheap line at home to call landlines, so I don't use up my 20 minutes etc.

I am using say no to 1890 website to try find alternative numbers for ESB etc and it seems to be working so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are cracking down. Just had this in the email:
    Hi Richard,

We’re making a couple of changes to our T&C’s but instead of being sly and not telling you about it, we’re giving you a heads ups.

1. 60 min Cap on Calls

Our Head of Rejection has uncovered people taking advantage of the 48 network, including businesses and even people using 48 for baby monitors. This isn’t on. 48 is for 18-22 year olds only. So to get these people off the network we’re cutting calls after 60 mins, so you need to hang up and re-dial if you want to keep talking.

2. Boring Operational Stuff

If one of you guys registered more than 2 months ago but never bought membership or stopped using the 48 network for 6 months, we want to be able to take back your number and re use it. We’ll let you know we’re doing it and if you want to keep it you can always reactivate it, but it will take you a couple of days to do it.

These changes will come into place from the 19th of November. If you don’t accept these changes, you can leave 48 without penalty at any stage before these changes happen.

Go conquer,
    The 48 crew
    www.48months.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

De we really need two 48 threads, merge this on with the one in bargin alerts or visa versa. Or go even better put them both in the o2 form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Is the 48 network going bust due to the 3/02 deal rumors have it they are and not to get more than one months credit at a time..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Please start a new thread rather than raising a two year old one from the dead. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement