Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text service being removed from Eircom Landlines

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stoner wrote: »
    By cash I assume you mean offer to pay including VAT upfront yes?

Absolutely, my term cash just meant once you go in with money to buy the product :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dazcon

So , I picked up the GJD auto dialler and am looking at installation. It requires a switched negative to trigger it . My HKC 8/12 has , according to the manual got four outputs - Fire ,PA, alarm , arm disarm . Can I take it from one of these or can I just connect into the external bell output ?.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Those outputs can be programmed via the engineer menu. Alternatively connect the trigger to the internal negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dazcon

i saw that the outputs can be programmed . I don't get what you mean by the internal negative .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

At the panel you will have two connections for the internal siren. + & -. Connect to the negative (-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭altor

Dazcon wrote: »
    i saw that the outputs can be programmed . I don't get what you mean by the internal negative .

The output needs a 12V supply to be triggered when the alarm is activated. If you connect the positive to the 12V in the control panel and the the negative from the output negative of the internal bell this will trigger the dialer to ring your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin8

I signed up to hkc securetext, I have a 1070 panel. I changed the SMS server number and tried to send a test text but it failed to send. It's an eircom line, not a private number, Even so I tried the alternative server number but test text still failed to send. Anyone else any ideas what the issue could be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Try prefixing the outbound service centre number with 142 to override any caller display preferences on the line for outgoing calls.

There's no need for any pauses just 142 directly ahead of the number.

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Try prefixing the outbound service centre number with 142 to override any caller display preferences on the line for outgoing calls.

There's no need for any pauses just 142 directly ahead of the number.

I tried the 142 but still failed to send.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Did you enter the correct landline number when signing up ?
    Did you change the server number to HKCs 100%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Try calling the number manually from a phone on the same line just to make sure it's actually getting through and is keyed in correctly.

Also double check the alarm actually has the phone line connected properly. Is it possible it's not getting the line at all?

I have it sending messages now, I might have to make 2 attempts the first time it comes up call failed but if I try again it will go through. My phone line isn't good enough for broadband, maybe it's the poor quality of the line that it won't send first time. But there was never an issue with the eircom server. Unless hkc have put in a much smaller server.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Guys hoping some one can help I thought I had secure text set up correctly tested it month or so ago and both my phone and wife's received the text. This eve the hail stones hit the windows and the alarm went off "alarm pulse" I got called from house number over and over 6 minutes later I received the text however the calls kept coming until I got home to switch alarm off. How can I stop it from calling my phone ? I just want the text no calls. Please help went through manual and menus
    couldn't see where it has my phone number but in the SMS menu.

Did you set this up yourself.

Yes and it was working the one time I tested it.

• Advertisement

I would default the dialler & start from scratch & programme it up again.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would default the dialler & start from scratch & programme it up again.

Reading manual again trying to figure out how to default the dialler only and not the whole panel, I had a thought should the text feature be turned off ? Is it the HKC server that sends the text and not my digi dialer ? If the text feature is on and it is unable to text (eircom line text not supported) does it then call the first number set up in the text phone no.'s ?

You can go into the dialler menu and default the dialler settings without affecting the panel programming.

OK think I found problem I had my mobile number programmed into "phone options menu" - "phone & account Nos." So I have deleted this hoping I will only receive texts now.

That sounds like it could be the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement