Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 NFL Draft

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Less than 15 mins into his first rookie practice! I feel so bad for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What a great draft by Cowboys
    Three potential first round picks and two possible top 10 picks if they'd behaved
    How good can the Cowboys be if they land a decent RB
    Potential nfc champions if the D gets its act togetjer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

brinty wrote: »
    Three potential first round picks and two possible top 10 picks if they'd behaved

Champions and then december hits, don't let last years bump in the road of annual mediocrity fool you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That's absolutely desperate luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wonder had he signed his rookie contract yet? First rounders don't usually sign for a few weeks don't they?

Answer my own question. From ESPN:

"Fowler has not yet signed his rookie contract. His deal is expected to be worth about $23 million, fully guaranteed, over four years and contain a fifth-year team option.

Unsigned draft choices participating in minicamp sign an injury protection waiver. If there is an injury, the team will continue to negotiate in good faith as if the player were not injured.

A source confirmed to ESPN that Fowler had signed a waiver."

So at least he'll still get paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ah ****, that's terrible news regarding Fowler for him and the Jags.

They'd had (on paper) a great draft overall and Fowler looked to be the ideal rusher for Bradley's system, the main piece he was missing. It's a huge year for Bradley of course too. Ugh, just terrible luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Relevant gif

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

woooooah easy boy :D the cowboys defense is a question mark again its cornerstones are
    1. an end who wont see action untill week 11 and will have had a huge layout at that stage
    2. an athletic but raw cornerback who i think could have issues if leaned on at corner in year 1
    3. an end with psycological issues that got caught in a combine drug test.......when he knew he would be tested.....and if he got caught he would lose millions

not to mention the fact that the defense and offense where heavily supplemented by an offensive run game. but you've lost your rushing leader and replaced him by darren mcfadden. that move alone puts way more pressure on both a broken tony romo and the aforementioned questionable defense.

if these offseason moves work for ye the benefits will be in a few years time a lot of this is the cowboys hype machine starting rolling again after a year off something that should worry you if anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jesus the jags just can't catch a break, can they? They finally stop inflicting problems on themselves, and then the gods step in...

• Advertisement

woooooah easy boy :D the cowboys defense is a question mark again its cornerstones are
    1. an end who wont see action untill week 11 and will have had a huge layout at that stage
    2. an athletic but raw cornerback who i think could have issues if leaned on at corner in year 1
    3. an end with psycological issues that got caught in a combine drug test.......when he knew he would be tested.....and if he got caught he would lose millions

not to mention the fact that the defense and offense where heavily supplemented by an offensive run game. but you've lost your rushing leader and replaced him by darren mcfadden. that move alone puts way more pressure on both a broken tony romo and the aforementioned questionable defense.

if these offseason moves work for ye the benefits will be in a few years time a lot of this is the cowboys hype machine starting rolling again after a year off something that should worry you if anything

Jeez Nerd looks like I touched a nerve
    Cowboys must be doing something right
    One of the best o-lines in the nfl
    An improving defence
    Lost to packers on a dodgy call in conference
    Beat Seattle in Seattle and no one does that...
    We're not perfect but if and as I and you both agree it's a very big IF the defence gets sorted we've as good a chance as any team in the NFC
    Though right now I'd take the divisional title and a 10-6 season if it was offered

Jeez Nerd looks like I touched a nerve
    nope the cowboys just tend to get ahead of themselves there have been a lot of "Super Bowl caliber" cowboys teams that have gone 8-8

Cowboys must be doing something right
    One of the best o-lines in the nfl
    yup very good o-line and fair dues you said one of the best in the nfl i have however seen talk of it being by far the best in the nfl and it being an all time great o-line and thats nonsense
    An improving defence
    is it improving though? your run game helped your defense a lot last year and thats gone now additionally a lot of the players coming in are question marks at best if not already suspended
    Lost to packers on a dodgy call in conference
    agree
    Beat Seattle in Seattle and no one does that...
    agree but a massive massive part of that was the run game we dont know if thats there this year
    We're not perfect but if and as I and you both agree it's a very big IF the defence gets sorted we've as good a chance as any team in the NFC
    Though right now I'd take the divisional title and a 10-6 season if it was offered

i dont think the cowboys are a bad team by any stretch i just think they as a team and that o-line is being over hyped. also i fear what the giants could potentially do this year (although i think the eagles could be destroyed by injuries so that could end up a wash) so all in all i think nfc championship talk (and i know you said potential and if) is getting carried away to my mind there is as much chance that the cowboys go 8-8 again or worse because they've lost a lot and a lot of players they brought in are "could potentially" players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Getting Collins as an UDFA is the biggest gain from the draft weekend for the Cowboys - getting a first round talent for UDFA money rather than first round money is huge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Broncos Rookie TE tears his knee ligaments and also misses the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

That's a real shame. My favourite TE in this class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Devastated that we've lost Fowler for the season. Being a Jags fan really is horrible :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

It is utterly awful to see rookie players getting hurt before they even get to play a snap.

Heuerman was expected to be a big part of the Broncos offence this season. Hopefully he and Fowler will make a full recovery and go on to have good NFL careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

It is utterly awful to see rookie players getting hurt before they even get to play a snap.

Heuerman was expected to be a big part of the Broncos offence this season. Hopefully he and Fowler will make a full recovery and go on to have good NFL careers.

Even worse when you think he has gone from having his first season with Manning throwing to him, to sitting out a season and returning to who knows what next year

Knex. wrote: »

I''l be reading this on and off during the afternoon, but I did like this:

"The order of my team reviews is determined by the following:
    The likelihood of each team’s starting QB to have his teammates attend his birthday party, from most likely to least likely. I’ll start with Tampa and Tenn. because Winston and Mariota’s teammates all want to get to know their new franchise QBs (Mett would be the only no-show)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He has a few amusing quips throughout, in fairness to him. Its enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    He has a few amusing quips throughout, in fairness to him. Its enjoyable.

Yeah I skipped to the Bears and started laughing at this:

Intriguing 7th-round TCU mammoth OL Tayo Fabuluje was a fabulujous pick late.

Good read this from Robert Klemko on Peter King's excellent MMQB site:

Watching the Draft Through Agents' Eyes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

UDFA Washington State QB Conor Halliday has retired...

Retired oh well
    No lucrative Canadian FL contact must've been offered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Says he lost his love for football. You think he would have at least gone through mini camp with Redskins first before declaring his love gone. Sounds like a kid who wouldn't have lasted if that is how easy he was willing to give up on it.

Same as jake locker.. wonder whats in the watercooler :eek:

Apparently he didn't even tell them he wasn't showing up for rookie mini camp, he just didn't show up. No notice, no text, nothing. There's long been rumours that Halliday has a serious attitude problem and that, to put it mildly, he thinks very highly of himself so this wouldn't be too hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SeminolesSkins

I thought it would be funny to take a look at next years draft. Here are some of my thoughts on the QBs and Receivers. I've also ranked them!

QBs
    Overall look: This is one of the baddest QB classes the draft have had in the last years.

1. Connor Cook, Senior, Michigan State
    This year: 58 %, 3216 yards, 24 TDs, 8 INTs
    Amazing comeback victory in the Cotton Bowl, shows leadership. Pocket passer. They're running a Pro-style offense in Michigan which is good for him.

2. Cody Kessler, Senior, USC
    This year: 70 %, 3826 yards, 39 TDs, 5 INTs
    Running the same type of offense as Michigan State and Cook. USC lost 4 games this year which is unusal for them. Lack of leadership? Amazing eyes, reads the feild properly. Decent arm and a great decisionmaker. The most underrated QB in next years draft.

3. Cardale Jones, Ohio State
    This year: Started 3 games, 60 %, 860 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs
    Not even sure if this guy is the starter for Ohio State next year, but still - I believe in him. He has a great playmaking-ability and a big heart. But will it work on the next level? Ohio State is also running a spread offense which is very different from a pro style offense.

4. Jared Goff, Junior, California
    This year: 62 %, 3973 yards, 35 TDs, 7 INTs
    This year was pretty much Goff's breaktrough. He started as a freshaman and did pretty well. In this season he could not even lead his team to a bowl game, which should be a must for the Cal Golden Bears. I have not watched a single game by him, so I cant really say what he's strengths is. But i have read a lot of nice words abut him as a pocket passer, which fits the NFL great. All these scrambling QBs usually have a difficult time adapt to the NFL.

WRs
    Overall look: Both the QBs and WRs are not as good as the earlier draft classes in these later years. But still, there is some talent here. ( I don't know so much about the receivers, so there will be shorter comments on these guys)

1. Tyler Boyd, Junior, Pittsburgh
    This year: 78 recs, 1,126 yards, 8 TDs
    This is a tough receiver to cover. He's fast, he's big and he's talented. He runs great routes and it seems like he always get seperation in man coverage. Tracks the ball well in the air.

2. "Duke" Williams, Senior, Auburn
    This year: 45 recs, 730 yards, 5 TDs
    Big 3rd down target. He can run, he's fast and he's one of the best at tracking the ball and catching it. He played at a community college in Mississippi before transferring to Auburn in 2014.

3. Laquan Treadwell, Junior, Ole Miss
    This year: 48 recs, 632 yards, 5 TDs
    Got a knee injury this season, still managed to show of his skills. He's extremly fast and he is amazingly good when it comes down to get seperation from the DB.

So, what do you think? Agree? Disagree?

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tounge..

USC lost 4 games this year which is unusal for them.

I wish, but we've lost at least 4 games in 5 of the last 6 years :(

Yes, you're right. But I was referring to your history, as maybe the greates college football program ever.

• Advertisement

Yes, you're right. But I was referring to your history, as maybe the greatest college football program ever. I think it is either Notre Dame or USC.

Eidt: Sorry, I only meant to edit the first post, not post the same thing twice...

Since we don't have a 2016 draft thread yet - Tyler Boyd arrested and charged for a DUI last night. Many peoples #1 WR for 2016.

Advertisement