Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self monitoring options on HKC sw812

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jodel

Hi, I also have a HTC 812. I would like to be able to set and unset it remotely. If I fit a HTC DTV will that enable me to set and unset remotely or does it just txt me alarms?

I also have a small device that I ring to switch on and off my heating. It has spare 3 spare switches. Are there connections on the HTC board that could be used to set and unset the alarm ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could input that into a spar zone & programme that as arm/disarm.

Thanks. If I do that, would the DTV send a txt to confirm that the alarm had been set/unset as the case may be?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there is a set/unset notification that can be set up in the alert filters.

Does the DTV accept incoming calls and can the alarm be controlled in that fashion or does it purely send alarms?

• Advertisement

Only the GSM take incoming commands directly AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubb

Hi,

Apologies if my piggybacking on to this thread isn't appropriate, but as my question is so related I thought it best to keep the content together.

I've a small wireless home automation system (starting with heating, etc.) and I want it to know when the house is unoccupied, i.e. when the alarm is set.
    There are 4 outputs on the sw812 and I think they are marked on the pcb. It should be a simple matter of connecting an output on sw812 to an input on gsm

I can use the external bell output from SW812 to tell me the alarm has been activated. Is there an output I can use to tell me when the alarm has been set?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

dubb wrote: »
    Hi,

Apologies if my piggybacking on to this thread isn't appropriate, but as my question is so related I thought it best to keep the content together.

I've a small wireless home automation system (starting with heating, etc.) and I want it to know when the house is unoccupied, i.e. when the alarm is set.

I can use the external bell output from SW812 to tell me the alarm has been activated. Is there an output I can use to tell me when the alarm has been set?

Cheers

Hi dubb,

What communication module have you installed on the alarm?

altor wrote: »
    What communication module have you installed on the alarm?

Hi altor,

I've a GSM-P connected to the SW-812.
    I don't have an engineer code though - the install guy pulled a fast one.

Hi altor,

I've a GSM-P connected to the SW-812.
    I don't have an engineer code though - the install guy pulled a fast one.

You would need the engineer code to set this up. All you are going to do is set up the system to send an arm/disarm report to your phone.
    You could try a factory default but if the system is locked then you will need to contact an engineer to do this for you.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    All you are going to do is set up the system to send an arm/disarm report to your phone.

I know my request is a bit odd. I already have the GSM-P working fine. What I want is to be able to let a small computer in my home know:
    1) when the alarm is armed - in case I leave heating on, automatic switching on/off of lights, etc.
    2) when the alarm is triggered - to activate a video camera.

I can use the external bell output from SW812 for 2).
    Is there an output I can use for 1).

Sorry for confusing the issue earlier.

I know my request is a bit odd. I already have the GSM-P working fine. What I want is to be able to let a small computer in my home know:
    1) when the alarm is armed - in case I leave heating on, automatic switching on/off of lights, etc.
    2) when the alarm is triggered - to activate a video camera.

I can use the external bell output from SW812 for 2).
    Is there an output I can use for 1).

Sorry for confusing the issue earlier.

It would be dont the same way using relays. The outputs can be set to give or take 12V and switch a mains supply. This would be done through the alarm and not the computer.

Hi Dubb,

I know this thread hasn't been updated in a while but hey..

I currently have an RPI connected via its GPIO pins to my lighting & heating.

I was wondering how I could go about using the outputs on the SW-812 as inputs to the RPI to add in some alerts to my program.. i.e. op1 goes high - RPI connected input1 goes high (then program sends text/email etc)

Its the output part on the 812 I'm unsure of. Is there a way of setting an output to relate to a specific event on the alarm? i.e. alarm set, op1 goes high etc?

Thanks for any help! (I have engineer code etc.)

Brian

Yes.
    If you go through the output types you will see all the options.
    I will send you the manual. That will explain them all for you.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes.
    If you go through the output types you will see all the options.
    I will send you the manual. That will explain them all for you.

Thanks a lot pal. I take it there is no way of setting a state i.e. arm the alarm with anything other than a keypad/hkc gsm??

Thanks again

You can use a zone input programmed as keyswitch. This will arm and disarm the system depending on whether th zone is open or closed.

Advertisement