Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping and Cycling in France June 2014

Options
  • 02-04-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are heading on our first camping holiday this June to France for 3 weeks and we would be grateful for any advice offered here!

1. Is it tue that many campsites are not open / fully functional in France until late in June?

2. Is it worth having a Camping Key Europe which acts as a form of identification and offers discounts at campsites? It costs €16.

3. Do campsites need to be booked far in advance? We would prefer to book as we go along rather than being stuck to a strict itinerary.

4. We are a very active couple and we would like to do hiking, walking and cycling (we will have our own road bikes with us). Any recommendations on good area to go for these?

Thats all for now! New to camping holidays so a lot to learn!

Thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are heading on our first camping holiday this June to France for 3 weeks and we would be grateful for any advice offered here!

1. Is it tue that many campsites are not open / fully functional in France until late in June?

2. Is it worth having a Camping Key Europe which acts as a form of identification and offers discounts at campsites? It costs €16.

3. Do campsites need to be booked far in advance? We would prefer to book as we go along rather than being stuck to a strict itinerary.

4. We are a very active couple and we would like to do hiking, walking and cycling (we will have our own road bikes with us). Any recommendations on good area to go for these?

Thats all for now! New to camping holidays so a lot to learn!

Thanks ��

Hi there Smurphy2014 & Welcome to boards.ie!

You might also like to keep and eye on very similar thread over in the Cycling forum right here as similar scenario posed in the thread about Cycling & Camping in France :)

Hope the trip goes well for you,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

In June they are all open. Think about what business runs two months a year.

They won't be busy though as the little darlings are still at school.

Just go. Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Smurphy2014

That great, thanks for the feedback guys! ����

Advertisement